shape
carat
color
clarity

Unknown jewelry - Please help!

JayVee

Rough_Rock
Hello! I have a old necklace. I don't know how old it is, found it in a old barn.

It's a long chain on it, very very detailed, with a Celtic cross as jewel. I've looked on it under a digital magnifying glass, and think I've recovered some numbers, but as it is a old necklace some numbers have been hard to recognize. These are the numbers I could recover, although they might not be 100% accurate: 501, 3028, 1302, 2091 and H.L5 (or E).

I've been searching on the internet about these codes, but I've not found anything that can help me. If anyone know, could you please enlighten me about what type of metal my necklace is made of? It's silver colored by the way. Not glossy.

Any help appreciated!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know what the numbers mean but do you have any pictures? The ladies here are pretty good at determining eras or even a period it's from.

Are there any stones in the Celtic cross? Take some close-ups. They can indicate age, depending on how it's cut. Hopefully someone can help you here.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Pictures would be a big help. Also, what part of the world are you from? The piece may or may not have been made locally but it gives a starting point too.

JayVee

Rough_Rock
Here is some pictures of it. The graphics ain't too good, as I had to use my cellphone camera. Hope it's of any help!
Additional info: My location is in Norway, Telemark (county).
There is no stones as far as I can see.

07102010173.jpg
07102010171.jpg
07102010176.jpg
07102010172.jpg
07102010175.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking it's '60s based on the type of chain. Could be wrong, but I think it is.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Could you kindly take a photo of the markings as well? Thank you for sharing with us!

JayVee

Rough_Rock
I will try to get a decent photo of the markings later on. Don't have the magnifying glass available at the moment.

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It does not look tarnished like I would have expected silver to be after living in a barn. Did you clean it up?
The pendant looks handmade, like true filigree work. Best regards, Lee

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results