shape
carat
color
clarity

Trinity ring as mother''s ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BoulderGal

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I''m a long time lurker--thanks for all the information! What do you think of using a rolling trinity ring as a mother''s ring? Conveniently enough, I have three kids. :) I''d like something to represent them, but don''t like the look of "mother''s rings" you know? I don''t have tons of jewelry, but I want the items I have to mean something. What do you think?

Also, does anyone have photos of a 2mm vs a 3mm rolling ring? (I have short stubbyish fingers, so I can''t go too wide...)

Thanks in advance!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I think that''s a great idea!!! I was browsing rolling rings over at www.rollingrings.com last night. I have three kids too, and don''t care for the traditional mother''s rings either!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I''ve thought of this as well! It would be a beautiful representation of my 3 children!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of a rolling ring as a mother''s ring. I am attaching a pic of my 2.5 mm rolling ring on my size 5 finger - not quite as thin as you requested, but thinner than the standard I think.

Here''s a fun story about mother''s jewelry - my father took my mother to Italy & Sardinia on their honeymoon. While they were in Venice, my mother picked out three 18K gold bangles at a jewelry store. Two were the same pattern, and one was different. She had two boys and a girl, so she always thought that the honeymoon gift that she chose was a "foreshadowing" of the 3 children that she had, so she always wore those 3 gold bangles as her mother''s jewelry.

rr1jjc.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic with my solitaire, so you can see what it looks like paired with an ering:

rr3jjc.jpg

BoulderGal

Shiny_Rock
What a great story! Maybe your mother knew.... I had a strange feeling when my daughter was a baby that I''d have two more boys--fast forward two years--twin boys!
Thanks for posting the pictures--that''s a lovely ring.

B.G.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I think its a great idea!!!Because I read this thread earlier in the day i decided to wear my 18kt tri-gold roll ring to a dinner party last night and had 3 people ask about the style of ring!I also asked their opinion about the style for a mothers ring and its a yes across the board!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is a great idea!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a great idea. DH bought me a Trinity ring for the birth of our daughter. I wanted it because the 3 bands represent our family of 3. 3 bands representing 3 children sounds lovely.

BoulderGal

Shiny_Rock
Well, now I''m convinced! I just ordered a 2 mm tri-color ring from rollingring.com. I''d LOVE the cartier one, but money unfortunately IS an object
26.gif
I plan on wearing it on my right hand, and I have my anniversary (3 stone ring in platinum) on my left. Pictures when it arrives--can''t wait! Thanks for the advice and stories.

B.G.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
trinity3.JPG

Here is an example of mine--I love my Cartier three colored stone ring.

Congrats on yours!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 3:04:21 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 2/1/2010 6:22:33 PM
Author: vespergirl
I love the idea of a rolling ring as a mother''s ring. I am attaching a pic of my 2.5 mm rolling ring on my size 5 finger - not quite as thin as you requested, but thinner than the standard I think.

Here''s a fun story about mother''s jewelry - my father took my mother to Italy & Sardinia on their honeymoon. While they were in Venice, my mother picked out three 18K gold bangles at a jewelry store. Two were the same pattern, and one was different. She had two boys and a girl, so she always thought that the honeymoon gift that she chose was a ''foreshadowing'' of the 3 children that she had, so she always wore those 3 gold bangles as her mother''s jewelry.
Is your rolling ring the Cartier? I love it.. its elegant, its timeless.. and.. I love the story you shared about your parents. Wonderful :)
Thanks SDL! My rolling ring isn''t Cartier - I actually ordered it a couple of years ago from rollingring.com, where the OP just ordered her ring from. It''s a ringer for the Cartier, though, so I really love it! I was very impressed with rollingring.com''s quality and their customer service.

BoulderGal

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I can''t wait to post mine--patience is not one of my strengths....

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 6:25:01 PM
Author: vespergirl
Here''s a pic with my solitaire, so you can see what it looks like paired with an ering:

Vesper, I love the way this looks with your solitaire!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2010 2:14:40 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 2/2/2010 9:30:07 AM
Author: canuk-gal
trinity3.JPG

Here is an example of mine--I love my Cartier three colored stone ring.

Congrats on yours!!
I dont think I''ve ever seen your er before Sharon.. gorgeous. Your Cartier.. it has gemstones in it? Which ones? I love the trinity ring.. LOVE!
HI:

Thank you MIchelle! I bought the ring earlier this year from Signed Pieces--and it has diamonds, sapphires and rubies. It was a great buy and I love it!

cheers--Sharon

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Sharon - your ring is gorgeous!

EHR - thanks! Your stacking rings and ering are some of my favorites on PS!

SDL - thanks so much! My ring actually used to be one of the standard offerings on rollingring.com, but I noticed that they no longer offer that style. They used to have several styles with diamonds, so I don''t know why they don''t have them on the website anymore ...

BoulderGal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for all your kind advice. Well, I finally got it two weeks ago. Hopefully I''ve attached the pictures correctly. I''m glad I went with the 2mm, considering the size of my hand.

Thanks, BG

IMG_0923 copy.JPG

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It is such a brilliant idea...glad you finally got it.

I would love to see this same idea repeated. Perhaps different colored golds for each child or their birth stones embedded. Or blue stones for boys and Pink stones for the girls. Also a teeny little engraving on the inside would be really cool. Their names or the bdays...

I think you are on to something...What a sentimental maverick you are BoulderGal!

They also make rolling bracelets...

36.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, this is really neat. Very beautiful too, now I have to see the bracelets.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
BG, I love your ring! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results