shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo Band vs. Leon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

evangeline

Rough_Rock
I have been looking for a very thin diamond eternity band set in platinum.
All along I was set on the Tiffany Novo eternity band, but after seeing on this forum what beautiful work Leon Mege does, I decided to get a quote from him for a similar paved band. Leon''s price is $600-700 less than the price of Tiffany''s, and I think I would be just as happy with his ring. I am very confident in Leon''s quality, I just don''t know if it''s wiser to have the big name of Tiffany''s behind the ring, so if the ring gets damaged or a stone gets lost it can easily be fixed. (we''re a military family, so we won''t always be close to new york.)
I would love if you all could help me decide (and my husband is willing to get whichever I want, and doesn''t really have an opinion.) Which would you pick and why??

Thank you so much for your help! this is my first post, but I''ve been reading and learning from this forum for a while now and trust all of your opinions!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well with a Leon you will always have to send it back to him for repairs by yourself. With Tiffany''s THEY will send it back to NY for you for any repairs.

So is the convenience of bringing it somewhere local to drop off worth $700 for you? If so, get the Tiffany''s. If not, save your $ and get the Leon.

Both are beautiful and the craftsmanship is wonderful on both...you can''t go wrong there.

The other consideration is resale. If you think you''ll ever sell it, the Tiffany''s will be able to likely command a higher price.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Pearlman''s has a few Daniel K closeout pave bands left that look a lot like LM and very thin. They are in the Specials section.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2008 12:40:12 PM
Author: swingirl
Pearlman''s has a few Daniel K closeout pave bands left that look a lot like LM and very thin. They are in the Specials section.
I ordered one of those and they were soooo thin that you could hardly see any sparkle. It did not even compare to my Legacy band.

I have a Leon Mege solitaire setting, but I chose to go with a Tiffany band. One reason was that I was able to try it on and think about it for 30 days, whereas there are no returns with Leon. I think both would be wonderful, but I really am happy to have a Tiffany ring!

evangeline

Rough_Rock
Wow! those Daniel K one''s look like a great price, hmm...instead of saving money, I could get two for the price of one!
31.gif
haha. Only thing is I really don''t want that metal border around the edges, I want the width of the ring to be the width of the diamonds, if that makes sense. Thank you for the find though.

The Novo really does sparkle beautifully, when it hits the light the ring practically glows.. I''ve never seen a micropaved Leon ring in person, does anyone know the quality of diamonds that Leon uses? I guess that would be a deciding factor as well. There''s so tiny, but the Tiffany''s really do perform.

Thanks so much for the help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leon''s diamond quality is just fine. Like I said before, the issue is that if you order a Leon ring, it cannot be returned, whereas you can with the Tiffany. I like both, but I would have been afraid to order Leon''s band without seeing it first. I believe Harriet has one if you can find her pictures.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I would go with the Leon ONLY because of the customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results