shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Garden

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pieces that are all diamonds. I like the dragonfly and butterfly. Kind of expensive, as expected.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I like the pieces with peridot, but (from my link about Tiffany's treatment(s) of sapphires) Tiffany doesn't do anything to treat peridot. Somehow that appeals to me even though I don't think anyone treats them either. I'd buy the 24" or 36" gold necklace with peridot beads for my mother if it weren't so wildly expensive.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2010 10:46:50 PM
Author: Imdanny
I like the pieces with peridot, but (from my link about Tiffany''s treatment(s) of sapphires) Tiffany doesn''t do anything to treat peridot. Somehow that appeals to me even though I don''t think anyone treats them either. I''d buy the 24'' or 36'' gold necklace with peridot beads for my mother if it weren''t so wildly expensive.

Danny,
What link to your treatment of Tiffany sapphires? Can you provide it? Thank you.
1.gif

Is it just me, or has Tiffany really entered a long lull in bad and boring design? I mean, come on, it''s not like we haven''t seen this design before elsewhere.

Toastie

Rough_Rock
Trade
Im not sold, I have always liked their return to tiffany range, and the keys, not too sure on this one, they are abit too different for me. I buy the tiffany name, and this just doesn''t work for me.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only two pieces that I really like are two of the brooches...and I do not wear brooches, which means that I would not buy the pieces! I do love the way the jewels in the two brooches were assembled, however, and feel it is a pity that the color scheme in them was not carried out in any other parts of the line. One brooch is pictured below (the citrine and tourmaline).

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

TiffanyGardenBroochCitrineTourmaline.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This violet brooch is the other one that I like. As you can see, it is made out of amethyst.

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

TiffanyGardenBroochViolet.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
not a big fan of floral motifs and these styles and color combination are trendy and spendy.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
i'm definitely loving the garden collection-- especially the pendant with the rose cut diamonds. it's a gorgeous collection-- but you can really get so much more for your money elsewhere.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Is it just me, or has Tiffany really entered a long lull in bad and boring design? I mean, come on, it''s not like we haven''t seen this design before elsewhere.

Totally! The new collection is not my cup of tea, so to speak. There are a few "cute" pieces, but not worth purchasing, as they are not novel designs.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Re:

tourmaline_lover said:
Date: 6/25/2010 10:46:50 PM

I agree! Tiffany has changed a lot over the decades. They're now into mass marketing & design to appeal to the most people. You can find similar things at less cost other places. Their overhead is expensive (mall stores at high-rent addresses, plush decor, advertising, putting on functions for prospective customers; even the ribbons & boxes aren't cheap) and you pay for that in the price of the pieces you buy. You can trust that the gems in their high-end jewelry are excellent, but the same is true of a less expensive independent jeweler, which I'd prefer. I worked for Tiffany for a couple of years, miserable experience except for the jewelry & customers, who were great. Their profit margins on the for-the-general-public items are very healthy indeed, as they need to be. Would I pay them for simple little designs like the Garden collection? Nope!

--- Laurie

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
jewel freak,
Would very much like to hear about your experiances as a Tiffany & Co. employee!please share what you can with us!Over the years (30)ive studied Tiffany history,their jewelry, and the company and written several papers on them for college classes.I would like to hear what you have to say!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I have mixed feelings. Is it very original? no. But they are very pretty, and you know you're getting quality pieces.

I think they're very feminine, and like the color combos they used.
On the right person, they'd look lovely. I however, am not that person.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
VC&A's Hawaii collection is similar and to my mind and to my mind a lot nicer but it's almost certainly a lot more expensive.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The coloured stone pieces are pretty, but the collection as a whole is no great shakes.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I like the rose cut diamonds but the way they're mixed with round brilliants I'm not too sure about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results