shape
carat
color
clarity

This is strange...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
But it makes me wonder where Tiffany''s gets it''s other inspirations from...

Spotted this on a semi famoous antique web site...

http://www.faycullen.com/prioritynecklacecloseup.php?id=378

win

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/21/2004 9:07:06 PM winyan wrote:

But it makes me wonder where Tiffany's gets it's other inspirations from...

----------------

You'd be surprised!

The 'by the yard' was quite in fashion - actually this girdle setting as is: nothing new if you were tracking jewelry auctions.

The most interesting to date - at lesat for me - woudl be the bean and jade coil models comming from Maory nephite carvings (ok, those are famous, widely known and much older than Tiffany's piece, no escape).

You've got neo-clasic patterns in their gold pieces and... vitually every design has a serious, traceable tradition. This could sound un-creative, but it is very hard to choose such iconic models and shapes. The history of decorative arts is full of them though. It makes a nice 'sport' to track them down
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I suppose it's like art and movies. No ideas are ever really new, just recycled.

Look at music and movie how they remake everything from the past. I guess people remember the one from their generation, or the one with the most marketing!
9.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
*chuckle* Thanks AnA and Nic!!

It does make me wonder, however, why Tiffany's gets so upset when someone copies their stuff!

win

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I believe it's the ever popular "What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine theory."

Profit can make you do some silly things...
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results