shape
carat
color
clarity

Stickpin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How does one wear a stickpin? They look like plainer broaches to me. Can women wear them? Can I wear it with a scarf? I spotted an antique jadeite stickpin which looks intriguing but now I''m wondering how will I wear it? What do you think of the quality? I also posted this in the coloured gem forum then realized it might be better here.
JD-5253J.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I wear them on a jacket lapel.

I like that one!

If you do get it, remember to wear a guard with it--I like little plastic earring backs. I''ve lost more than one pin that I was very fond of. Now I always wear a little plastic earring back whenever I wear a brooch, even if it''s the kind with a safety catch.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am lost as for what quality it is - as long as 'moss in snow' jade is white & bright green and not totally opaque it is fine with me. Very much so! I love it! There is highly translucent (and expensive) jade with white & green colors, but I like the look of moss in snow not moss in ice. The more translucent pieces sometimes look a tad grayish rather than bright white. The brightness of the colors is what makes the price difference, but I wouldn't worry much, as for this one you are paying for the setting rather than material. Be it $50, $100 or $150 - it still sounds good for a nicely made stick pin. I don't think anyone would make it for less even if the stone costs $0.

I see a little line going across the cab (from 6:30 o'clock to 2). Wouldn't want the little pin to come apart! But would put up with it if invisible in person and liked the pin allot. Besides, I am not sure it is hairline crack or a a real hair or nothing at all.

The AcStones website mentions 'sale pending' for this one. Is that you?

Btw. Pictures anyone?
2.gif
Here's some:
More and Less translucent moss in snow jade.

I don't know much about this aside what I like, what I don't and how much they cost!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hah! How did you know it is from ACS? Yes, I'm the person who put it on hold. Ana, you sure have sharp eyes. It is indeed a crack. It is supposedly not obvious unless you look for it. It is a very pretty piece but I'm worried about the jade. It comes with a pin guard/catch. Barbara said it will not fall apart on me but I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results