shape
carat
color
clarity

Sterling Silver Bead Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone know of a trusted online vendor that sells sterling silver bead necklaces similar to this one from bluenile. I really like this one but I know BN''s prices are a little high compared to other online vendors so I wanted to see if anyone knew of anywhere else that carried them.

Bluenile Necklace

I like the graduated bead look or uniform beads like 5-8mm. Nothing too huge.

Any suggestions from you knowledgeable people?

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Well, that''s a copy of a necklace that Tiffany''s sells for much more. I''m sure you could find a cheaper version, but I would think they are way lighter in weight. For something like that, I''d want something that has some weight to it and has a nice polish. Hard to tell the quality from online pics.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I tried searching on Etsy and didn''t find anything (granted I didn''t look THAT long).

I would be up for making it myself but I''m not sure where to get high quality sterling silver beads. We don''t really have anything besides your run of the line craft stores in my area, which I doubt would carry anything this nice.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
If you''re planning on making one yourself, have you tried looking at beads at Rio Grande? I think you have to order a catalogue, but they reimburse you the cost with the first order. In the end though, I don''t think you''ll end up saving too much money by making it versus purchasing the one on Blue Nile.

You could also try googling for Tiffany "inspired" pieces, lots of those websites make necklaces like that. Again, I don''t know what kind of quality they would be, I would guess they are made with lightweight hollow beads, and the polish won''t be as nice as the original.

Sixty dollars for that necklace doesn''t seem like a bad deal if it''s well made and not too light. But I''ve never ordered anything from Blue Nile, so I don''t know what their quality is like. Lots of people seem happy with their products though, and I think the people who are referring to their prices are generally speaking about diamonds, although I could be wrong.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The price seems reasonable (and realistic) to me. If you have a company from etsy make one for you, I'm betting you'll end up paying even more than the BN price.

I just wanted to point out that I've ordered and returned stuff from BN and they have EXCELLENT c/s!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Etsy sells a lot of supplies, including beads. Have you checked the supplies section? I feel your pain about the lack of supplies in your area...it''s the same for me....that''s why I use etsy.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I have the 10mm bead bracelet from Bluenile and like it well enough. It is very light but pretty nonetheless. I looked around at one time and found beads that size for around .60 to .80 cents a piece. I would probably go with Bluenile for that price
2.gif

melissacutie

Rough_Rock
hmm.. why not try the site of everlon. i think the price is right. i''m not really sure but just try. just click the link below to go to their site.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 12:23:19 PM
Author: MC
The price seems reasonable (and realistic) to me. If you have a company from etsy make one for you, I''m betting you''ll end up paying even more than the BN price.

I just wanted to point out that I''ve ordered and returned stuff from BN and they have EXCELLENT c/s!
I agree completely.

I did a quick search, and saw one similar at Macys for $67, Overstock for $85 and a few others for even more .. so the Blue Nile price seems right on target.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a 16-inch graduated sterling bead necklace (4-10mm) on overstock.com for $24.29. Like lilyfoot said, they also have another one for about $86 - not sure what the difference is.
33.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 4:08:35 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 12/7/2009 3:44:25 PM
Author: cellentani
Here''s a 16-inch graduated sterling bead necklace (4-10mm) on overstock.com for $24.29. Like lilyfoot said, they also have another one for about $86 - not sure what the difference is.
33.gif
That''s a good find.. but.. unless it doesn''t matter, I don''t personally care for the chain/clasp part..
I had to look at the necklace again to see what you were talking about, and I don''t care for it either. The chain is just an extender and could be clipped off, but the lobster claw clasp is kinda cheap looking. I guess you could have it replaced with something nicer, but that would probably negate the savings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results