shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Jewelry Boxes....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Show us your Jewelry Boxes.... Pics please!

I've been sorting through stuff, trying to get organized. I got a wooden jewelry box a good way back, thankfully, so I haven't misplaced a whole lot. I hadn't used it much until recently, since I don't have much stuff, when family gave me some things. It's a good jewelry box for rings and small necklaces.

Are there any good wooden jewelry boxes for bracelets out there?
There isn't really a place for bracelets in mine, unless I fold them up.

Do you keep your "real" or sentimental jewelry separate from your costume jewelry?
I have a separate earring organizer that's clear plastic, and holds a 100 or so pairs (I don't have any nice earrings, so plastic works.) I have a decorative necklace tree for costume/daily necklaces.

Here are 2 old topics for inspiration:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-jewelry-boxes-how-do-you-store-organize-your-jewelry.39304/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wooden-ring-trays.30686/

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine.

I don't have much stuff, but there's some sentiment to most of what I've got. I need to work on my collection!
Many are gifts from family, and others are old (there's a handful of things from elementary school, even).
I'd say my favorites are the: 1) ruby and diamonds ring from grandma, since it's super old and she designed it 2) charm bracelets.. all of them. Surprising, I know. 3) the small heart pendents.. just since they're old. I wore one to prom! Wait, am I getting old?! Ha. 4) The pastel pearls.. maybe a little 'young,' but I like them.

Since some are probably too small to see in the pic,.. I'll try to get a better pic later.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FMIL keeps some pearl strands and diamond chains on a metal jewellery tree
38.gif

I'm going to get her something from http://www.duncanswoods.com/ for her as our wedding gift. Probably a couple of somethings - she has a ton of gorgeous stuff just lying around!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
This is the one I have. It''s the best and most useful box I have ever had. It''s from QVC... definitely check it out!

h1043.004.jpeg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow-QVC of all places? I''ll head on over and see what I can find! I''ve got duncanswoods bookmarked too-there''s a couple stores on Etsy that have such beautiful boxes!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2010 3:09:05 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
This is the one I have. It''s the best and most useful box I have ever had. It''s from QVC... definitely check it out!
Wow! Wow! Wow! Is this the one with the 3-way mirror? It looks very handy, but I do not think I want to put my expensive jewlery in it. Too easy for the thieves. Thanks for directing me to look up QVC. QVC has a small 11.5"Wx6"Hx6.75"D jewlery box H164202 that seems to hold quite a bit (see photo). What do you think? Wonder if the material and construction are of good quality?

Greiner h164202.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
My dad is an excellent woodworker and makes many boxes similar to those on the duncanwoods website. I will try to get some photos taken soon and post them. I am using one of his boxes now as a jewelry box :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 10:59:59 PM
Author: yssie
FMIL keeps some pearl strands and diamond chains on a metal jewellery tree
38.gif

I'm going to get her something from http://www.duncanswoods.com/ for her as our wedding gift. Probably a couple of somethings - she has a ton of gorgeous stuff just lying around!

adore duncan's woods yssie - I'd like to get another piece from him.
That will make a fabulous wedding gift!

I'm sure it's likely in the other thread linked above, but here's a pic of my wooden one with black felt lining from Duncan:

aj DW box.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 3:09:05 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
I have the same kind, but purchased from EBay. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results