shape
carat
color
clarity

setting for 1cm heart shape topaz pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

computertechgirl

Rough_Rock
Last Valentines day I got an absolutely beautiful piece of topaz from my husband. Since then it''s been sitting in a drawer while I figure out what I want to do with it. I want a pendant, but I don''t like most of the settings that I see. I''m looking for a setting that doesn''t cover the bottom (pointy) part... Any ideas?

I actually might not mind something that "hugs" the gem like this:
r4294.jpg

I love this, but I think mine''s a bit too small
2.gif
11190b.jpg

I love things that are "different", so hanging it at a 45-degree angle or something would be okay... Basically, the more creative the better!

Pics of your suggestions are appreciated so I can show them when I have it made. ...I also need to know who can make the setting for me. If I can''t find anyone local (Western suburbs of Chicago), is there someone online anyone can recommend?

Thanks in advance!
-Erica

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is amber but I thought it was cool. I LOVE that upside down heart with flowers pic you posted.

heart_wrap_3_cognac.jpg

computertechgirl

Rough_Rock
Ooh, I like that one! It''s simple, but different and no prongs! ...the more I look, the more I realize that I just don''t like seeing the prongs.

I love the flower one too. Maybe one day I''ll get a 12ct piece of topaz to do that with
9.gif

Thanks for posting that setting! It''s definitely going on my list of possibles.
-Erica

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you irish? Do you like claddaghs? It''s hard to find prongless heart pendants! One other thought I had was to put the stone bezel set into a diamond halo and have the heart hang off a necklace at an angle, looped through the back of the diamond setting so there are no ''rabbit ears'' to string the pendant onto the necklace.

claddagh heart.jpg

computertechgirl

Rough_Rock
Ok, I''m about searched out. I''m thinking that I''d like to go for something like what FireGoddess suggested when she posted the amber heart. I just wonder if they can do something like that with a faceted stone.
-Does anyone know?

...and suggestions on who to take it to online or off-line in/near Chicago (Western suburbs is best) would be very much appreciated.

-Erica

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results