shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Then I apologise for the mistake. Since it' not Princes Charles' christening, it must be Princess Anne's when Queen Mary wore the Woman of Hampshire brooch:

f3ddc69ccea4c0f9large.jpeg

dianab

Rough_Rock
I like A LOT the way Queen Mary used her jewelry in general, specially chockers/necklaces.

In my opinion QEQM & daughter QEII were/are average and nothing creative. I like of Margareth, if anyone have pics of hers as an young lady - in her 20s -, I would appreciate a lot :love:

For me Grace born to be PRINCESS, her TRUE VOCATION :love: she was SOOOOOO REGAL, ELEGANT & PRINCESS way to be, very long before Rainier show up in her life. She looks SO MUCH dignified in a way princess to be

Question on Farah:

Anyone knows how many tiaras she have/had?

Attachments

• gracekelly42.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 4,999
  • gracekelly51.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 5,004
  • gracekelly53.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 5,002
  • gracekelly58.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 4,965

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Big news out of Denmark...Crown Prince Fredrick and Crown Princess Mary are expecting twins in January!

dianab

Rough_Rock
Princesses Grace & Caroline

gk18px1.jpg

GK2.jpg

gkdfkçl.jpg

grace213fl2.jpg

abigail

Rough_Rock
Hi! You guys do an amazing job here posting all these royal pics and their jewels. I've seen the jewelry of Princess Soraya of Iran and they were gorgeous but does anyone have pics of Princess Fawzia's jewels?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Some photos of Fawzia. She was kind of interesting. I assume she's not still alive but not sure. Her marriage to the Shah when she was 18, he a year older, produced a daughter; they were divorced after about 6 years at her request. It was an arranged marriage but apparently they were fond of each other if not in love. Fawzia enjoyed being queen of Iran -- as the sister of King Farouk of Egypt she was only one of a zillion princesses in a royal family of 350-odd members. She didn't like Iran, though, tended to sneer at its "unsophistication" compared to Cairo -- where her brother lived a life of legendary licentiousness. Her visits to Cairo became more frequent & longer until she simply refused to go back to Tehran. The shah gave her a divorce on condition that their daughter Shahnaz remain with him. She was a glittering part of the social life in Egypt & Europe until, to prevent Farouk from arranging another marriage for her, she quietly married a member of his court. Then, surprisingly, settled down in a townhouse, not a royal palace, and lived as a commoner, active in charitable causes.

In 1952 the revolution (coup, really) sent Farouk into exile & Fawzia & husband were stripped of assets & titles -- her jewelry was taken & put into a museum. They were destitute but surprisingly the royal family of Iran helped them out financially. Eventually they ended up living in Switzerland with the 2 children from this 2nd marriage. After her husband's death in 1994 Fawzia became a recluse, never spoke publicly about her past life, and I presume continued this way until her death. Her 2nd marriage must have been a happy one -- it lasted 45 years.

She was beautiful. Reminds me of Susan Hayward or Vivian Leigh.

--- Laurie

0g5hhxciaujexhig.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
This suite of diamonds was famous. Now in the Royal Jewels museum.

fawzia2.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Engagement photo. Doesn't the shah (to be) look like a character from a silent movie?

FawziaEngagement.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Photos by Cecil Beaton.

94-01-15.1.jpeg

FawziaBeaton.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A brooch with Fawzia's name spelled out in diamonds. Diamond designs on a jewel box w/Fawzia's photo. And the tiara in other pics, made by VC&A in 1939. All in Royal Jewels Museum.

FawziaTiara.gif

788px-Jewels_58.JPG

FawziaBrooch.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
One more -- beautiful pearls. I'll bet they're natural.

FawziaPearls.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
TL wanted medieval jewelry. This isn't strictly medieval, a little later but still fun. Remember earlier discussion of La Peregrina but can't recall if these were posted. Anyway, not hard to look at them again. Mary Tudor wearing the pearl, then Zanaida Usupov and finally Eliz. Taylor.

elizabeth-taylor-la-peregrina-1.jpg

la-pelegrina-pearl-zinaida-yusupov.jpg

queen-mary-i-bloody-mary.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I came across this as I roamed around. Couldn't resist passing it on. Camilla in the QM's finery -- looks like she was playing in her mum's closet. Sorry, the devil made me say it.

camilladiamDM2311_468x498.jpg

abigail

Rough_Rock
@ JewelFreak

Thanks for the pics. Princess Fawzia was the most beautiful princess I've ever seen. I checked at wikipedia and it says that she's still alive at 88 years old(89 later this year). She lives in Alexandria, Egypt.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak said:
TL wanted medieval jewelry. This isn't strictly medieval, a little later but still fun. Remember earlier discussion of La Peregrina but can't recall if these were posted. Anyway, not hard to look at them again. Mary Tudor wearing the pearl, then Zanaida Usupov and finally Eliz. Taylor.

There's a famous pearls thread in the pearls subforum, and I posted the two ladies wearing the La Peregrina side by side. Thanks for the photos Jewel Freak :bigsmile: . I'm also a Tudor History fanatic, so I doubly love that painting of Mary. I've actually had discussions on other forums about another painting of Mary. In this thread, I've also posted photos of Henry VIII, his queens, like Jane Seymour and Anne Boleyn, and his famous daughter, Queen Elizabeth I and much of her jewelry, like her famous locket ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak said:
Photos by Cecil Beaton.

OMG :shock: She's a dead ringer for Heddy Lamarr, one of the most beautiful woman that ever lived.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, JeweFreak, for posting the photos of Princess Fawzia and her jewels. The diamond kokoshnik is even nicer that I thought. And I didn't know thet her jewels were in the museum in Alexandria. I always assumed Princess Fawzia and her daughter Princess Shahnaz had to sell them in the early years of the fall of the monarchy. But is't that why I like this forum - you always learn something new!

For the record - your post
Later pic.
is a photo of Princess Shahnaz, the daughter of Shah Reza and Princess Fawzia.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:
I came across this as I roamed around. Couldn't resist passing it on. Camilla in the QM's finery -- looks like she was playing in her mum's closet. Sorry, the devil made me say it.

This photo just made me thinking - have we seen the Greville necklace on Camilla since the CHOGM banquet in 2005? And another question - other than the Greville necklace, the diamond collet necklace and the 3 row pearls, are there any other necklaces from Queen Elizabeth that Camilla has worn?

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
[

OMG :shock: She's a dead ringer for Heddy Lamarr, one of the most beautiful woman that ever lived.

Hedy Lamarr, TL, that's it! I always thought she was just breathtakingly beautiful. You rock! I'll have a look at the pearl section, haven't been over there yet. I LOVE pearls. Going through the old posts here some time ago I remember there was some Tudor discussion but not what pics had been posted.

Bobby, thanks, had Shahnaz mislabeled. What has happened to her? If only Fawzia had been able to sell her gems! Might have had an easier time of it. She & the Shah must have maintained a friendly relationship, though, if he helped her out financially -- maybe the result of never having been madly in love in the first place; great passion often turns to equally great hatred. She's not even all that old, is she, Abigail?

--- Laurie

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A lovely photo of Shahnaz in sapphires.

Shahnaz.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
And here's one of Rania, don't think this has been posted. The tiara sort of looks like it collapsed on her head. Wonder if there's another way to wear it.

RaniaTiara.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewel Freak,
For those that do not know who Hedy Lamarr is (I apologize I misspelled her first name incorrectly before), she was a very famous Hollywood movie actress during the 20's through 50's, and hailed to have one of the most beautiful faces. She also was a mathematical genius who invented the radar jamming device, something modern cellphone technology requires today. She invented it to help the allies win WWII as she was very anti-Hitler (that's one of the reasons she escaped Austria). It was used to jam radar so that they could not see our incoming missiles.

The resemblance to Fawzia is uncanny - I think they were twins separated at birth!! :-o I know she's not royal, but I think she's so beautiful (and smart to boot!!). I think Cecil Beaton also photographed Hedy, as well as another famous face, Greta Garbo.

Hedy_Lamarr_in_Dishonored_Lady_5 (1).jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak said:
And here's one of Rania, don't think this has been posted. The tiara sort of looks like it collapsed on her head. Wonder if there's another way to wear it.

That is a really odd shape on her head. It looks like it's tilted back but shouldn't be. And there appears to be no continuous band along the bottom...the middle near her hairline looks like it is just floating there.

The color of the dress looks almost identical to what she wore to the Swedish royal wedding.

dianab

Rough_Rock
Fawzia was DROP DEAD GORGEOUS :love:

MORE pics of Fawzia, Soraya & Farrah are very WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!

grace24.jpg

grace300.jpg

grace30000000.jpg

grace33.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:

That's an interesting tiara and I believe Rania hasn't worn it since the State Visit to the Netherlands in 2006. Should there be another outing of it, I hope she'd chose a better hair style, so that it doesn't look collapsed on her head. The tiara is formed of Arabian letters in diamonds. It says something about Allah, but I can't remember what exactly.

Here's a side-view of the tiara. Maybe someone with a knowledge in Arabian can translate it for us?

raniaarabtiara2006holland.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
JewelFreak said:

That's an interesting tiara and I believe Rania hasn't worn it since the State Visit to the Netherlands in 2006. Should there be another outing of it, I hope she'd chose a better hair style, so that it doesn't look collapsed on her head. The tiara is formed of Arabian letters in diamonds. It says something about Allah, but I can't remember what exactly.

Here's a side-view of the tiara. Maybe someone with a knowledge in Arabian can translate it for us?
This tiara belongs to her sister-in-law too?
Someone else of Royal Family used this tiara too?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:
A lovely photo of Shahnaz in sapphires.

Laurie, are you sure these are sapphires? I believe you, but simply Ive never seen members of the IF wearing sapphires. Large (coloured) diamonds, enormous emeralds and substantial rubies - yes, but no sapphires...

Here's another photo of Princess Shahnaz with the tiara and earrings at her father and step-mother's coronation in 1967. The litttle girl is her half-sister Princess Farahnaz, wearing a mini tiara/circlet by Harry Winston.

2857050566_8d5b60ce13_o.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a close up of the tiara Rania borrows from her sister-in-law Haya? It is my favorite purely diamond tiara. Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results