shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great information and pictures in this thread! Though I still have to say that the Spencer ring in your avatar might still be at the top of my list!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This thread is totally wonderful, a history lesson from the vantage point of jewels. Princess Diana was so beautiful; there was no one like her. Seeing these photos reminds me of what loss the world had when she passed.

Love seeing all these unique items - y ou have such a wonderful understanding Lady Am. Thank you!
36.gif

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting the Royal Jewels. I love looking at it, especially the tiaras.

Please do post some more pictures.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
This thread is AMAZING...thank you for all of the info, LadyAmythyst! Seriously, I think I''m having more fun reading this thread than I did looking at the jewels in the Louvre (probably because this thread is more informative and there are no crowds)! Again, thank you for the reading pleasure! I''d love to read more...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2007 10:19:15 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Princess Margaret''s tiara
Wow, I love that tiara! Thanks Lady and San Diego Lady!!! Two wonderful lady''s. hehee

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness!!! I can''t even imagine what all these tiaras are worth! And that diamond necklace...wow!!!

LadyAmy, thanks for starting the new thread! I did think this topic deserved a more prominent location!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy Moly, I love this thread. Oh, the tiaras are so yummy, I just dream of wearing these parures.
30.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2007 10:47:11 PM
Empress Marie-Louise Diamond necklace given to her by Napoleon I after she gave birth to their son (nice birth gift, huh?)
31.gif
Holy crap!! you don''t think they''d miss just one or those briolettes, do you?

What a fun thread, thanks so much and more please!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful thread! What are the chances that I am some country''s long lost royal family member who has been saddled with a life of American peasantude? Maybe one of those tiaras is mine. LOL!!!

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Great pics SanDiegoLady. I hadn''t seen some of those before. I like the one with the sapphires....

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I thought this would be a timely picture...

This is Princess Mathilde of Belgium at the Antwerp World Diamond Center Gala on October 15th.

mathilde10-07.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Wish I could get a better look at that ring and bracelet!

Mathilde just recently announced her pregnancy with her fourth child.

mathildediamondgala.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I think Mathilde looks great - she usually does. Considering the venue/event she could have gone hog wild with her jewels. But then again I doubt you''d want to be dripping with diamonds when seated next to Bob Geldof.
2.gif
Plus Mathilde doesn''t really seem to favor much ostentation in her style.

mathildebobgeldof.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
A close up of Princess Mathilde''s earrings: (But didn''t I say I wanted to see the ring & bracelet?)
2.gif

Mathildesearrings.jpg

Maryww

Rough_Rock
I see I''m not the only one crazy for royal jewels! Whew! I was a little worried, there!
Princess Mathilde seems to have a garnet engagement ring - seems too dark to be a ruby. Does anyone have pics of Princess Maxima of the Netherlands'' ring? It''s an orange diamond - the royal family there is the House of Orange.
I''ll see if I can find some pics...

Maryww

Rough_Rock
Here''s a picture of Princess Maxima''s ring - I believe it''s set in platinum.

MaximaRing2.jpg

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
OMG! LadyAmythyst69 your historical knowledge is awesome! Did you say that you are a historian?

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Snuggles - Yes, I''m a historian - Art History and British History. Someday I''ll cobine the two and write a book..
1.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands attended the christening of her third daugher Ariane this weekend. She was wearing a lovely set of earrings and a brooch.

07102058.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another shot of Maxima''s ering:

As MaryWW mentioned it is an orange diamond. Poor Maxima is doomed to a life of the color orange - she wears variations on orange quite often. Luckily she has the coloring for it!

maximasrings.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Maxima is an Argentinean who married the heir to the Dutch throne, Crown Prince Willem Alexander in 2002. There was some opposition to the match due to Maxima''s father having been a member of the junta government of Argentina. In the end, her father was not allowed to attend the wedding. In his honor & in honor of her home country, Maxima had a tango played at the wedding.

Maxima wore this "star" tiara which is part of the jewels belonging to the House of Orange.

maximawedding.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Despite the slightly rough start, Maxima has proven to be a very popular Princess. I like her quite a bit because she always has a huge smile on her face. She sometimes makes questionable fashion choices and her hair is almost always a mess - windblown and wild. But she looks like she would be a fun gal - quite the contrast to Princess Mary of Denmark. I like Mary too, but she is always perfect looking and has impeccable taste whereas Maxima seems to be more easy going.

This is another look at her engagement ring.

maximasering.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Ths is Maxima with Willem Alexander at the christening of their firstborn daughter Catharina-Amalia (just called Amalia). Amalia will follow her father and thus is third in line for the Dutch throne.

Maxima and Willem Alexander have three daughters, Amalia, Alexia and Ariane.

Maxima wore this set of earrings and brooch for the christening. I think they are citrines but it''s possible they are orange diamonds as well. I think this was a gift to Maxima from her husband.

amaliachristening.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
These are some more shots from Ariane''s christening this weekend.

Willem Alexander has two brothers. This is the youngest brother Constantijn and his wife Laurentien and two of their children, Eloise and Leonore. They also have a son, Claus-Casimir.

You can tell that these "junior members" of the royal family don''t get the good jewels!

laurentienandconstantijn.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is the second of the Orange brothers, Prince Johan-Friso, his wife Mabel and their two daughters Luana and Zaria.

I strongly dislike his wife Mabel. Her fashion sense is atrocious and I think she is personally not the most wonderful gal. Friso had to give up his place in the succession in order to marry Mabel because she had neglected to inform the government that she had at one time been the girlfriend of one of the Netherlands worst gangsters - a man who was know to be the godfather of the Dutch illegal drug trade and
who ended his life in a hail of bullets. Consequently, Mabel is only a Countess (not Princess) and definately gets none of the family jewels - although they do occasionally loan her a tiara.

Here she is wearing one of her typical WTF? outfits.

mabelandfamily.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I''d say Maxima is certainly the best dressed of this bunch! It is really fun to see these other royals, though. We rarely see any in the press other than the British.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Being Royal does not presume good taste in clothes. In fact, until Diana, most of Britain''s royals were considered dowdy. Now, while that is not the most important facet to ruling a country, I just do not see how one cannot try a bit harder when there are so many public events to attend. Of course it must be tough being royal, especially when you are second or third behind a sibling, but looking tasteful, whatever the event or jewels you have, should not be THAT tough. Some of the ladies look great in khakis and a t shirt, and others look really funny all done up. Well, I suppose taste is relative...

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 12:30:14 PM
Author: diamondfan
Being Royal does not presume good taste in clothes. In fact, until Diana, most of Britain''s royals were considered dowdy. Now, while that is not the most important facet to ruling a country, I just do not see how one cannot try a bit harder when there are so many public events to attend. Of course it must be tough being royal, especially when you are second or third behind a sibling, but looking tasteful, whatever the event or jewels you have, should not be THAT tough. Some of the ladies look great in khakis and a t shirt, and others look really funny all done up. Well, I suppose taste is relative...
I agree! I think Maxima looks even better when she is dressed very casually. She looks pretty good when she is super dressed up, like for banquets and galas etc. It''s her "working" clothes that are a bit strange sometimes. I think part of it is just her taste (which is pretty consistent) and part of it is probably just having a different asthetic - what people think looks good in the Netherlands might not be the same as what people like in the US.

That said - there''s just no excuse for Mabel. I''ll have to scare up a picture of her wedding. Yikes!

For now, here is Maxima in her natural element.
1.gif

maximainherelement.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 4:10:45 PM

Date: 10/20/2007 7:22:13 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Despite the slightly rough start, Maxima has proven to be a very popular Princess. I like her quite a bit because she always has a huge smile on her face. She sometimes makes questionable fashion choices and her hair is almost always a mess - windblown and wild. But she looks like she would be a fun gal - quite the contrast to Princess Mary of Denmark. I like Mary too, but she is always perfect looking and has impeccable taste whereas Maxima seems to be more easy going.

This is another look at her engagement ring.
She''s a darling. Very fresh, unfussy and down to earth.
I agree! What a great smile.
9.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
One thing I like about Maxima is that she has alot of jewelry.
9.gif
She favors large, statement pieces and isn''t afraid to try out all kinds of gemstones and other materials. She also mixes and matches all types of things together.

So now I''m going to post a whole series of Maxima in her working wardrobe & her casual jewelry. You''ll see what I mean when I say she is always smilling and most often windblown.
1.gif

Here is another good look at her ering, which she wears on her right hand inthe European fashion. She is also wearing a chunky bracelet of mixed stones.

maxima2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results