carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 3:14:53 PM
Author: Josefine
has cp victoria of sweden ever worn these earings? i have a image in my head of victoria in a red hat and maybe at the smallest princess of belgiums christning

I''ve seen the Swedish Crown Princess wering earrings with a round peral surrounded by diamonds. She usually wears them at formal daytime events - i.e. state visits. I can''t find a photo in my forders, but maybesomeone else can?

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2010 5:42:54 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav

Date: 5/16/2010 10:34:42 AM
Author: LadyMaria
Floris is not married to Mabel. Johan Friso is married to Mabel.

Johan Friso is the second son of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. His older brother is Wilhem Alexander, his younger brother is Constanijn.......

Floris is the son of Princess Margriet of the Netherlands, who is the youngest sister of Queen Beatrix. Floris married Aimee Sohngen in 2005.

Ahh.. I should finally learn the Orange-Nassau princes'' names and try to tell them apart!
Thanks for the correction, MJ.

Bobby
Here''s a quick run down:

Queen Beatrix has three sons: Wilhelm-Alexander, Johan Friso, and Constantijn

Wilhelm-Alexander is married to Maxima. They have three children, Catharina-Amelia, Alexia, and Airane

Johan Friso is married to Mabel. They have two daughters, Luana and Zaria

Constanijn is married to Laurentein. They have two girls and a boy, Eloise, Claus-Casimir, and Leonore

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
MJ, by Princess of Orange-Nassau I meant The Queen and her sister Princess Margaret's children. HM's children hold the titles of Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg, with the exception of Prince Friso, who is Prince of Orange-Nassau, Count of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg. Princess Margaret's children have the title Prince of Orange-Nassau and the surname van Vollenhoven.

For more information you can visit the Who's who section of The Dutch Royal House's website.

Thanks for posting, anyway!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Ok! Here are some photos of Maxima in Shanghai - Day 1 (her birthday):

6a00d8341c648253ef013480ed5c54970.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Gala in Shangai Grand Theatre - long ruby and diamond earrings (from the Melerio parure) and the brooch from the Peacock parure:

PPE10051873.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And the ruby and diamond snake bracelet (sorry, that''s the best photo I could find):

PPE10051877.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Day 3 (today) - Citrine drop earrings and brooch:

PPE10051934.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 3:14:53 PM
Author: Josefine
has cp victoria of sweden ever worn these earings? i have a image in my head of victoria in a red hat
and maybe at the smallest princess of belgiums christning
and the broch i think i have seen on lilian but i cant bfind a picture.

what do you think about this photo is queen louises necklace a multi colour pearl necklace? i am thinking of silvias multi colour pearl necklace but she has some pearls wich are darker
the broch have been seen on todays royal ladies

100885_001.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to do a summary of each of the Queen''s sisters, but I''ll do it in a separate post so it''s not so long and confusing.

I just ran out of time yesterday to talk about Irene and Margreit.
Date: 5/19/2010 5:09:37 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
MJ, by Princess of Orange-Nassau I meant The Queen and her sister Princess Margaret''s children. HM''s children hold the titles of Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg, with the exception of Prince Friso, who is Prince of Orange-Nassau, Count of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg. Princess Margaret''s children have the title Prince of Orange-Nassau and the surname van Vollenhoven.

For more information you can visit the Who''s who section of The Dutch Royal House''s website.

Thanks for posting, anyway!

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The next sister of Queen Beatrix is Princess Irene. She married the Duke of Parma in Spain against her parents’ wishes. She converted to Catholicism for her marriage. This alone was not the issue, but since she did not have parliamentary approval for her marriage, she and her children are not in line for the Dutch throne. They divorced in 1981 and Princess Irene returned to the Netherlands with her children.

Princess Irene and the Duke of Parma had four children: Carlos, twins Margarita and Jaime, and Carolina.

Carlos, Prince of Piacenza, has one illegitimate son from a previous relationship. He is now engaged to Annemarie van Weezel.

Margarita, Countess of Colorno, was married to Edwin van Zuygewijn and divorced in 2006. She remarried Tjalling ten Cab, and they have a daughter, Julia

Jaime, Count of Bardi, is unmarried.

Carolina, Marchioness of Sala, is unmarried.
Coming soon…Princess Margriet!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Wedding picture of Princess Irene and the Duke of Parma. I am guessing this tiara must be from the ducal family of Parma since no one in the Netherlands approved of this marriage.

netherlandsIreneandCarlosHugo2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Oldest son of Princess Irene and the Duke of Parma. Prince Carlos and his fiancee, Annemarie van Weezel

carlosannemariejpg.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Daughter of Princess Irene and the Duke of Parma, Princess Margarita, the Countess of Colorno. I like the necklace she''s wearing here!

margaritacolrno.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture of the three oldest sibligs, Carlos, Margarita, and Jaime. Margarita and Jaime are twins.

carolosmargarjaime.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And finally, here is Princess Carolina, the Marchioness of Sala.

carolina.jpg

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/21/2010 6:12:50 PM
Wedding picture of Princess Irene and the Duke of Parma. I am guessing this tiara must be from the ducal family of Parma since no one in the Netherlands approved of this marriage.
You are right, LadyMaria, it is the Bourbon-Parma tiara. Unfortunately it was stolen and not likely to ever be seen again. Here is another picture of Princess Irene wearing it.

BourbonParma.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2010 2:31:12 AM
Author: Cordata

>You are right, LadyMaria, it is the Bourbon-Parma tiara. Unfortunately it was stolen and not likely to ever be seen again. Here is another picture of Princess Irene wearing it.

What a shame it was stolen! It''s a beautiful piece!

The necklace isn''t too bad either!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Continuing on the Dutch extended royal family...

After Queen Beatrix and Princess Irene, we have Princess Margriet. She married Pieter van Vollenhovan. They had 4 children, all of whom are married with their own children. Princess Margriet has 10 grandchildren already!

The eldest of Princess Margriet and Professor van Vollenhovan is Prince Marurits. He married Marelene van den Broeck. They did get parliamentary approval for their marriage, so they and their children are in the succession. She is styled as Her Highness, Princess of Orange-Nassau. Their children are Anastasai, Lucas, and Felicia van Vollenhovan

Next there is Prince Bernhard. He married Annette Sekreve. They also asked for approval and are in the succession. They have three children, Isagella, Samuel, and Benjamin van Vollenhovan,

Third is Prince Pieter-Christaan. He married Anita van Eijk. They did not ask for approval because as far down on the succession as he was already, the chance of him coming to the throne is pretty low. She is still given the courtesy title of Princess of Orange Nassau, but they are no longer part of the Royal house. They have two children, Emma and Pieter van Vollenhovan.

Finally there is Prince Floris. He married Aimee Sohngen. They have two children, Magali and Eliane van Vollenhovan.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Princess Margriet on her wedding day. I''m pretty sure she is wearing the same tiara that Maxima did, but with a round pearl top instead of stars..

margrietkj2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Princess Marilene on her wedding day. It''s hard to see the tiara since she''s wearing it so far back, but it is an ears of wheat tiara. All four of Margriet''s daughter-in-laws wore the ears of wheat tiara for their weddings.

Marilene01.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Princess Annette with the ears of wheat.

Annette Diamanten Graanhalmen Tiara 01.jpg

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/22/2010 8:40:37 AM

Date: 5/22/2010 2:31:12 AM
Author: Cordata

>You are right, LadyMaria, it is the Bourbon-Parma tiara. Unfortunately it was stolen and not likely to ever be seen again. Here is another picture of Princess Irene wearing it.

What a shame it was stolen! It''s a beautiful piece!

The necklace isn''t too bad either!
Quite right, it is really a shame! Most likely the beautiful thing was broken up to sell the stones separately. Lost forever.

That beautiful necklace comes from the sapphire parure. Last year it was first seen on a tiara frame, worn by Princess Margriet. Princess Maxima wore it at Queen Margrethe''s birthday this year and looked simply gorgeous! That necklace really works well as a tiara imo.

MaximaSapphire.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2010 8:56:06 AM
Continuing on the Dutch extended royal family...

Third is Prince Pieter-Christaan. He married Anita van Eijk. They did not ask for approval because as far down on the succession as he was already, the chance of him coming to the throne is pretty low. She is still given the courtesy title of Princess of Orange Nassau, but they are no longer part of the Royal house. They have two children, Emma and Pieter van Vollenhovan.

MJ, Prince Pieter-Christaan didn''t loose or receive any titles upon his marriage! He only lost his membership in The House of Orange-Nassau.
Here''s a photoo of Princess Anita on her wedding day. She''s wearing nice earrings:

Pieter Christian&Anita.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
On 20th May there was a (belated) concert at Tivoli Concert Hall for Queen Margrethe II's 70th birthday.
Here are some photos of the royal ladies - The Queen:

20340235.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
HRH Princess Marie - I haven't seen this net/lace/bib necklace before:

PPE10052055.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Benedikte with her husband Prince Richard and sister Queen Anne-Marie:

203402163.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results