shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Did I mention there were bows on Mabel''s wedding dress? And more bows? And a few additional bows for good measure?

mabelAP3108_468x318.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the back of the dress.

Can''t ever have enough bows I guess...

House of Victor and Rolf - 2.JPG.jpeg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
The answer is simple.
First: Floris got married with Mabel against and without the permission of Queen Beatrix, so Floris is not in the line for the throne if anything else happens;
Second: indeed a saw the wedding photos Mabel unfortunately has no brilliance, and NO taste for a perfect wardrobe.

When Wilhem Alexander or just Alexander as Maxima calls him, they meet in a event named fiesta in Spain, at the time future King of Holand introduced himself as just Alexander, then after a month he went to NY where Maxima were working in a german bank, then Alexander said who he is indeed.
They started to date then, but Maxima''s family in Argentina didn''t know she was dating with a future King.
When the relationship were stable, Alexander told it to Queen Beatrix and got her approval after meet Maxima, so after that she quits her own life and started to live in Holand, learning the royal''s life.
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2010 7:41:53 PM
Author: LadyMaria

Did I mention there were bows on Mabel's wedding dress? And more bows? And a few additional bows for good measure?
MJ-There is at least one other picture of this classic somewhere in this thread. Given the abilities of the current search function, I am not going to attempt to find it, but with the upcoming upgrade to the website

(i.e. the switch to Pricescope 2.0) perhaps the new search feature will be able to tackle such a job! (Perhaps we should wait and see!)

AGBF
34.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Please forgive my ignorance. But what is a "Princess Royal"? Isn''t that title redundant? Why is it given?

Thanks in advance.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Did I mention there were bows on Mabel's wedding dress? And more bows? And a few additional bows for good measure?

OMG! I've forgotten about Mabel's wedding dress and her fashion sence in general. Hope Victoria of Sweden won't show us something like this in June!

ETA - what fogdancer said/wrote is 100% correct.

Here's a photo of Mabel wering her wedding tiara and parts of the ruby parure:

mabel_mabeltiara02.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 12:40:12 AM
Author: AGBF
MJ-There is at least one other picture of this classic somewhere in this thread. Given the abilities of the current search function, I am not going to attempt to find it, but with the upcoming upgrade to the website

(i.e. the switch to Pricescope 2.0) perhaps the new search feature will be able to tackle such a job! (Perhaps we should wait and see!)

AGBF

34.gif

This is a photo I found yesterday in the early pages of the thread. I''m not a fashion expert, buy IMO without the bows (all of them) this would be a nice and classical dress:

mabelwedding22.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 2:45:31 AM
Author: Imdanny
Please forgive my ignorance. But what is a 'Princess Royal'? Isn't that title redundant? Why is it given?

Thanks in advance.

The title Princess Royal is given to the eldest daughter of a British monarch and is for life. Thus the current Queen never held the title as her aunt Mary was alive till 1965. Princess Anne, the current PR, was given the title in 1987.

In many languages the title doesn't have an exact translation and when traslated literally it sounds odd. I've only heard reffering to The current Princess Royal as Princess Anne in Bulgarian.

Bobby

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 7:06:12 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav

Did I mention there were bows on Mabel''s wedding dress? And more bows? And a few additional bows for good measure?

OMG! I''ve forgotten about Mabel''s wedding dress and her fashion sence in general. Hope Victoria of Sweden won''t show us something like this in June!

ETA - what fogdancer said/wrote is 100% correct.

Here''s a photo of Mabel wering her wedding tiara and parts of the ruby parure:
Thanks for the photo, Bobby! Do you happen to know when this picture was taken? Since Friso and Mabel don''t attend state banquetts, I guess it must have been a wedding, birthday or anniversary.
I am absolutely in love with the necklace from the ruby peacock parure. It''s one of my favourites!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 9:18:45 AM
Author: Cordata

Thanks for the photo, Bobby! Do you happen to know when this picture was taken? Since Friso and Mabel don't attend state banquetts, I guess it must have been a wedding, birthday or anniversary.

I am absolutely in love with the necklace from the ruby peacock parure. It's one of my favourites!

Hi Cordata! Nice to see you here again!

The photo was taken at King Harald V's 70th birthday gala, which was attended by Queen Beatrix's three sons and their wives.

Sorry' but you're wrong - this isn't the necklace from the Peacock parure, but the necklace from the Ruby parure by Mellerio dits Meller.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2010 10:59:30 PM
Author: fogdancer
The answer is simple.

First: Floris got married with Mabel against and without the permission of Queen Beatrix, so Floris is not in the line for the throne if anything else happens;

>

Floris is not married to Mabel. Johan Friso is married to Mabel.

Johan Friso is the second son of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. His older brother is Wilhem Alexander, his younger brother is Constanijn.

Floris is the son of Princess Margriet of the Netherlands, who is the youngest sister of Queen Beatrix. Floris married Aimee Sohngen in 2005.

In all marriages for the Dutch royal family, they must receive parliamentary approval for the marriage or they lose their place in the succession. In the case of Johan Friso and Mabel, they lied about about Mabel''s relationship with one of the Netherland''s biggest drug lords. When this news broke (it was called "Mabelgate) it was a huge embarassement. Mabel and Johan Friso really had no choice but to withdraw their request and acknowledge that Johan Friso would lose his place in the succession. There is no way the Dutch parliament would approve the marriage after Mabelgate (for more details on Mabelgate, go to http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/PandorasBox/041102.html)

In the case of Floris, he was so far removed from the succession there was never any concern that he would rule anyway, so he and Aimee didn''t bother parliament with a request.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The Swedish Royal wedding (and likely appearance of the Cameo tiara) is fast approaching. I found this tidbit on a charming Swedish tradition. Josefine, any additional insight you can give would be most appreciated!

From "The Local: Sweden''s News in English"

In time-honoured Swedish tradition, Victoria’s friends ‘kidnapped’ her from her home at Drottningholm Palace near Stockholm on Thursday evening ahead of a fun filled hen (bachelorette) party in the Stockholm Archipelago.

According to Expressen, Victoria was ambushed during a dinner to celebrate the 31st birthday of her brother, Prince Carl Philip. The plot had reportedly been hatched by close friend Caroline Kreuger.

Swedish stag (bachelor) and hen parties are by tradition kept secret from the bride and groom.

In Victoria’s case, her friends had kept other members of the Royal Family informed, and birthday boy Carl Philip was reported by Expressen to be in on the act. Indeed, the hen party was even reported to have been smuggled into the palace with the help of one of the royal bodyguards.

The friends, all wearing masks, whisked her away to a waiting boat to take her Stockholm Archipelago, where they were expected to party for two days, according to Expressen. Princess Madeleine, newly returned from the United States, is expected to be among those participating.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Mathliede of Belgium at a local art exhibition. I can''t tell if these are just metal earrings that have a pattern in them or if there are any gems in them. I lean towards the former.

99048657.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 12:40:12 AM
Author: AGBF

>

Agreed! I was looking for it and got as far as page 4 before deciding it would just be easier to post the picture again!
1.gif

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 10:54:19 AM
Princess Mathliede of Belgium at a local art exhibition. I can''t tell if these are just metal earrings that have a pattern in them or if there are any gems in them. I lean towards the former.

Ignore this picture...Bobby beat me to it!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 10:54:19 AM

Ignore this picture...I just realized Bobby already posted it...

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 9:48:36 AM

Date: 5/16/2010 9:18:45 AM
Author: Cordata

Thanks for the photo, Bobby! Do you happen to know when this picture was taken? Since Friso and Mabel don't attend state banquetts, I guess it must have been a wedding, birthday or anniversary.

I am absolutely in love with the necklace from the ruby peacock parure. It's one of my favourites!

Hi Cordata! Nice to see you here again!

The photo was taken at King Harald V's 70th birthday gala, which was attended by Queen Beatrix's three sons and their wives.

Sorry' but you're wrong - this isn't the necklace from the Peacock parure, but the necklace from the Ruby parure by Mellerio dits Meller.

Bobby
So I wasn't far off with my guess about a birthday gala. Thanks for the info!
Gosh, where were my thoughts when I called it the necklace from the peacock parure, which kind of mirrows the design of the tiara? Thanks for correcting my mistake!
Princess Mabel is also among the invitees for the CP wedding in Sweden. Let's hope that all 4 Dutch royal ladies will attend. Can't wait to see all the splendour!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Tonight is the Miss USA pageant, and they have had a succession of crowns in recent years.

This is the longest running crown. There were a couple before this in the 1950''s but an incarnation of this crown was used from 1960-2003. This is Miss USA 2002, Kandace Kruger.

usa2001s.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
From 2003-2008, the official jeweler of the Miss USA pageant was Mikimoto. The provided two crowns, a larger one for the crowning and big events that Miss USA did not get to keep, and a small version that she did get to keep.

Here is the full version.

missusacrown2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Miss USA 2007, Rachel Smith, wearing the small Mikimoto tiara she gets to keep.

USA07_lead.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Last year Miss USA contracted with Diamond Nexus labs to create a new Miss USA crown.

I''m not sure which crown will be used tonight!

latestversionofmiss usa.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 10:34:42 AM
Floris is not married to Mabel. Johan Friso is married to Mabel.

Johan Friso is the second son of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. His older brother is Wilhem Alexander, his younger brother is Constanijn.......

Floris is the son of Princess Margriet of the Netherlands, who is the youngest sister of Queen Beatrix. Floris married Aimee Sohngen in 2005.

Ahh.. I should finally learn the Orange-Nassau princes' names and try to tell them apart!
Thanks for the correction, MJ.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 1:16:33 PM
Tonight is the Miss USA pageant, and they have had a succession of crowns in recent years.
This is the longest running crown. There were a couple before this in the 1950''s but an incarnation of this crown was used from 1960-2003. This is Miss USA 2002, Kandace Kruger.

Would you post photos of the winner with her crown (that''s actually a tiara), please?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy 39th birthday to HRH Princess Maxima f the Netherlands! Today The Princess and her husband, The Prince of Orange, are in Shanghai for the Dutch Day at the World Expo.

maximajb7.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2010 6:01:07 AM
Happy 39th birthday to HRH Princess Maxima f the Netherlands! Today The Princess and her husband, The Prince of Orange, are in Shanghai for the Dutch Day at the World Expo.

Is this a new brooch for Princess Máxima? I don''t recognize it, although the citrine bracelet and earrings are familiar.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2010 5:44:53 AM
Date: 5/16/2010 1:16:33 PM

Would you post photos of the winner with her crown (that''s actually a tiara), please?

Bobby
The new Miss USA is Miss Michigan, Rima Farkih.

usa10win1.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another good picture of a pageant crown. This is the Miss America crown.

Miss America and Miss USA are not the same thing. Miss USA goes on to compete at the Miss Universe pageant. Miss America does not go on to an international competition. Miss America does its monetary award as a scholarship and puts a little more emphasis on...well...how can I say this nicely...having a brain in addition to a pretty face. Sometimes Miss America is criticized for being old-fashioned because they still look at grace and poise.

Miss USA tends to lead towards careers in the entertainment industry. One of the most successful products of the Miss USA pageant was the American actress Halle Berry who was the first-runner up in the 1986 Miss USA competition. Miss USA (and subsequently, Miss Universe) tends to put more emphasis on sex appeal. This was very apparant this year in the official photos that were released of the Miss USA contestants. As the mother of a little girl, it upsets me to see women who are supposed to role models dressing like this years official photos.

When we look at the royal ladies that we adore, we love their glamour and sophistication. They don''t need to look sexy. Maxima...Mary...Victoria...Mathilde...Maria Teresa....Letizia....need I go on? This is why I prefer Miss America over Miss USA.

But, I''m always drawn to a show that has pretty sparkly things!

CrownFrontcopy-main_Full.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Re PRINCESS ROYAL

Right on this, Bobby -- the title must be granted by the monarch; it isn't automatic & there can only be, as you intimated, one Princess Royal at a time. I remember when HM gave it to Princess Anne. She cited PA's exhaustive service to Crown, country & charities as her reason for bestowing this special honor. The title originated with Queen Henrietta Maria, wife of Charles I & daughter of Henri IV of France, who wanted a title for her daughter that resembled the French one, "Madame Royale."

Did some catching up since I last visited you all -- loved the thread on pearls! Wonderful pictures. Thank you all for posting them.

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 8:58:31 PM
Here is another good picture of a pageant crown. This is the Miss America crown.

Miss America and Miss USA are not the same thing. Miss USA goes on to compete at the Miss Universe pageant. Miss America does not go on to an international competition. Miss America does its monetary award as a scholarship and puts a little more emphasis on...well..................................................................................................

But, I'm always drawn to a show that has pretty sparkly things!

Well, ths doesn't look to bad! And Art Deco Greek Key diadem is always nice to see.

Thanks for the additional information about the differences in the two contests. That was something new to me.

Here's a photo Miss America 2010 wering the above mentioned diadem. I think it's a pity that the pritty girl and the glittering diadem didn't compelement each other!...and the loose hair.... She looks as if the jewel was placed on her haid in the last second before the photo was taken:

ETA - You're right that royal ladies don't shout SEX and yet look impressive, dignified, magnificent,etc. I think these young ladies should look at the Hignesses and Magesties for some good examples in therms of behaviour and appearance.

caressa_cameron_miss_america_2010.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
has cp victoria of sweden ever worn these earings? i have a image in my head of victoria in a red hat
and maybe at the smallest princess of belgiums christning

drottning.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results