color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 6:37:21 AM
Author: Josefine
Queen silvia

Very interesting decision by Her Majesty. It sees that the occasion was rather informal (no Seraphim riband). Any idea what it was or at least which year?

Bobby

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 6:37:21 AM
Queen silvia
what on gods green earth is she wearing on her head??

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 12:06:29 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
I know some will disapprove of this post, but I can''t resist...

A very happy 5th wedding anniversary to TRH The Prince & The Princess of Wales:
HRH the Duchess of Cornwall looks great in this picture but when I saw The Prince of Wales, I wondered for a moment if it was a costume party.
1.gif

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
what i understand it would be someting like this

pinksapirebroosch.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine, the brooch HM wore in her head is indeed the one you posted - the big brooch from the pink topaz demi-parure.

Robin, it was not a costume party, but the State Banquet in honour for The King, Queen & CP couple of Norway in October 2005. That was the first time Camilla wore a royal tiara. Not the best facial expression by Prince Charles, but a nice photo of the newlywed couple, I think.

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Wedding anniversary of HIM Akihito Emperor of Japan and Michiko Shôda (1959)

empressjapan2001.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here you go

empressjapan20011.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
ow is queen of denarmks brosch colection?

margethe2010.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 12:19:24 PM

This pair of brooches was previosly worn by Margrethe II's mother - Queen Ingrid. I don't know where they came from, but Margrethe II started wearing them when her mother was still alive.

I've asked this before - what's known about the diamond necklace around Daisy's neck? I looks nice and I think it deserves more outings...

Here's a photo of Queen Ingrid wearing the pair of brooches:

1999091613535714en.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 8:35:43 AM
here you go

What a lovely partrait of The Empress, Josefine! Is it a new one? How wise to have a chrysanthemum patern on the dress...

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 5:48:05 PM

Date: 4/10/2010 12:19:24 PM

This pair of brooches was previosly worn by Margrethe II''s mother - Queen Ingrid. I don''t know where they came from, but Margrethe II started wearing them when her mother was still alive.

I''ve asked this before - what''s known about the diamond necklace around Daisy''s neck? I looks nice and I think it deserves more outings...

Here''s a photo of Queen Ingrid wearing the pair of brooches:
i never thought about the necklace. so she does not wear it very often?

here is one more of queen of denmark

qm20001546.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 6:03:42 PM

Date: 4/10/2010 8:35:43 AM
here you go

What a lovely partrait of The Empress, Josefine! Is it a new one? How wise to have a chrysanthemum patern on the dress...

Bobby
i have noide i did a google search and there it was. i liked her dress....

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I see. No matter if it's from this year or not, it's very nice. I also like the dress.

Re Queen Margrethe II - No, the necklace isn't worn often. I've only seen it once more. I do hope that this month HM willl wear it again at one of the birthday galas.
The choker from your last photo is in fact a bracelet, which was often worn by her late mother. The lovely floral earrings can be worn in a shorter way. I haven't seen anyone else in the DRF wearing them before her.

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i was wondering about this wearing a tiara and hen other does not at the state visit in sweden MT arrived with tiara

760370D.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
but the swedish ladies did not wear a tiara. MT later removed hers.
has it happned before and who were right. ? I would say the swedish ladies they did not wear any orders an the men black tie.so imo there were no full gala for MT to wear tiara

080416034.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
during the official celebrations of the Tercentenary of the birth of Carl Linnaeus, Uppsala, Sweden - 23 May 2007

i beleive silvia and victoria got in wrong the empress wore tiara

666240g.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
the men wore white tie and order for both men and ladies

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i forgot the photo

666240s.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
one of victoria seem there is nothing in her hair

666240q.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
however silvia had a brosch in her hair

why the issunderstanding? and has it happned more times

666240e456.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Enthronement diner ceremony in monaco 2005

caroline seems to not wear tiara

809241_002.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
sophie wore one

809227_023.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
also did victoria

809241_014.jpg

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have been following this wonderful thread for a long time, but only just registered today.

That is a very interesting topic, Josephine. I understand that the hosts are the ones who set the dress code for their events, so they should be the ones who get it right. But sometimes there seem to be problems with communicating the proper dresscode. I find that really astonishing, since the royals have all their staff, ladies in waiting, secretaries, stylists... and whole teams organising every detail of a state occasion. And still from time to time someone blunders.

Prince of Preslav, I think this is a picture of the other event when Margrethe II wore this diamond necklaces. It is really strange that it doesn''t appear more often, it is beautiful.

DK Margrethe small floral tiara.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Interesting photos and discussion, Josefine. I guess that wearing a tiara is a matter of personale preference and event. A tiara, however, might be part of the black tie dress-code sometimes.
It''s hard to imagine a Windsor bareheaded at a white tie dinner/gala. Even Lady Nicholas Windsor wore a tiara at a royal wedding in Germany!
I guess that MTofLux thought that since it was a royal to royal dinner a tiara was appropriate, and even more appropriate if her hustand was the host.
In Monaco things are different. Coaroline rarely weras a tiara even at galas and obviously she didn''t consider her brother''s inauguration worthy enough for one (she wore the fringe tiara as necklace). One of the few occasions where we can see wearing one are royal weddings and BD galas (hope!). I actually thing we haven''t seen her sister Stéphanie wearing a tiara.
I was really surprised (negatively) when I saw Queen Silvia with only the rose brooch on her head instead of a glittering tiara (and the dress isn''t her best) and CP Victoria waring nothing, but I guess they know that The Empress prefers kimonos and no tiaras. Who knows. A pity actually, because it shows a misinformation by tho households.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 5:29:19 AM
Author: Cordata
Hi, I have been following this wonderful thread for a long time, but only just registered today.

That is a very interesting topic, Josephine. I understand that the hosts are the ones who set the dress code for their events, so they should be the ones who get it right. But sometimes there seem to be problems with communicating the proper dresscode. I find that really astonishing, since the royals have all their staff, ladies in waiting, secretaries, stylists... and whole teams organising every detail of a state occasion. And still from time to time someone blunders.

Prince of Preslav, I think this is a picture of the other event when Margrethe II wore this diamond necklaces. It is really strange that it doesn''t appear more often, it is beautiful.

Welcome to Pricescope, Cordata!

Yes, that the other occasion I had in mind. I aksed on TheRoaylForums where the necklace came from and got a reply that HM received the necklace in 1980''s at her State Visit to Saudi Arabia.

A fully agree with what you saw about dress codes and tiaras.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another return banquet with only one tiara worn - State Visit of King Abdulah and Queen Rania to the UK. Only Rania wore a tiara and Elizabeth II(!) wore her wedding gift pearls (much more expensive that R''s tiara):

52110708.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Sometiomes men wear a black bow ties (kings and princes too) instead of white with their tailcoats, but even worst things happen - IIRC the Korean president simply refuses to wear white/black tie and looks odd with his hosts dressed to the nines. That's why I'm proud of my president - he dresses properly for the dinners he attends in Bulagria and abroad.

State banquet for the Korean president in Oslo:

340x340.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results