Date: 3/23/2010 3:10:28 PM
Author: Amber St. Clare
Date: 3/22/2010 2:01:03 AM

Author: loriken214

Date: 3/21/2010 7:04:23 AM

Author: prince.of.preslav

Date: 3/20/2010 7:19:12 PM

Author: Amber St. Clare

hmm, I believe the other party was active outside the bounds of matrimony as well...

That necklace and bracelet were both absolutely stunning--just thinking of the history attached gives me shivers.....

Correct! The other party was active to, but only after she found out about Fred and Gladys and IIRC after her separation from The Prince of Wales.

Technicaly, Lady Diana's relationship outside the bounds of matrimony was only because of her husband, The Prince of Wales', actinos with the then Mrs Andrew Parker Bowles.

Bobby

36.gif

My point exactly!

Lori
so it sounds like she gets a pass, but he doesn't....

IMO, yes.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 4:30:38 PM
No, no one gets a pass.

Just wondering - Diana, Princess of Wales is regarded as a saint and everybody fells sorry for her, because her husband cheated on her with a very much disliked woman who was not considered good enough to become Princess of Wales long before the world ever heard of Lady Diana Spencer. What do you guys think of poor Queen Alexandra, whose husband was also active outside the bounds of matrimony (I really like that expression) with, among others - Alice Keppel,one of Camilla''s ancestors? And for Queen Ena? And Queen Eleonora of Bulgaria, whose husband was bisexual? Even Elizabeth II is suposed not to have been faithful to her Greek prince, but that''s a nonsense, indeed...

Bobby

Bobby, I never that rumor about Elizabeth II.
6.gif

I heard that about her husband but I don''t remember the details.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
This is a picture of Diana and an aquamarine (I think, if I''m wrong please correct me) earring that I wanted to post earlier but had to resize.

dianatiaras005001pu2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Danny,
Nice picture of Diana. There''s far too few with her hair up like that. I don''t think I''ve seen those aqua earrings before, but only her aqua ring and bracelet.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful photo Danny...thank you for sharing it with us!
36.gif

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Nice photo of Diana''s updo, Danny. Thanks!

Here''s another of The late Princess of Wales in Munich, Germany in November 1987 (same occasion) wearing her aquamarine earrings (sorry for the watermark):

52114594Aquamarine.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Another photo of The Princess of Wales in Germany, 1987. She''s wearing a diamond and sapphire jewellery given to her during a visit to Oman, the Spencer tiara and again a lovely updo:

56799674.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 7:01:35 PM
Author: Imdanny
Bobby, I never that rumor about Elizabeth II.
6.gif

I heard that about her husband but I don''t remember the details.

Ohh, I forgot to add Prince Philip, sorry.
Well, the rumour is that the actual fathers of Princes Andrew and Edward isn''t actually Prince Philip, but two British gentleman. IIRC, they are mad about horses like Elizabeth. There were photos of them and of the Princess, saying that that they really resamble their ''fathers'', but I falled to see that resamblance. I don''t know the gents names, sorry. This was a relly anti-monarchy article (or rather PDF). The writer''s point was silly IMO - the monarchy should be abolished beacause of the royal famly''s bahaviour, actions, costs and...affairs. Really nonsense. You shouldn''t bother.
There are also stories about Prince Philip''s extramarital affairs with various women (actresses and singers, I think).
I find these stories/articles really not reliable, even stupid. If one looks at The Queen and The DoE, he''ll see that they''re much in love even these days and it''s said that Philip still presents his Elizabeth with floweres every friday!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for being so much off-topick!

I think it's an acknowledged fact that Don Juan Carlos I has also had affairs when he was already married to Doña Sofia. I believe one of his lovers was an Italian princess, one of Vittorio Emanuele's sisters.
I barely remeber a story that when Charles and Diana were in Spain, The King tried to seduce The Princess (or was it vice versa). Then the angry Queen Sofia forbid Diana to meet Juan Carlos again. I might be wrong about that one, but I really think I've read it on the AlexanderPalace or TheRoyalForums.

And then we see this photo and realize that they're much in love actially, despite (or because?) all the difficulties they've been through:

12_portrait_galeria.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 6:06:22 PM
Nice photo of Diana''s updo, Danny. Thanks!

Here''s another of The late Princess of Wales in Munich, Germany in November 1987 (same occasion) wearing her aquamarine earrings (sorry for the watermark):
Ive never seen these earrings.What is the history behind they Prince.Thanks for the picture of Diana wearing them.She really was stunning!I had a huge crush on her for years!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2010 6:16:00 PM
Another photo of The Princess of Wales in Germany, 1987. She''s wearing a diamond and sapphire jewellery given to her during a visit to Oman, the Spencer tiara and again a lovely updo:
I think that''s the dress that was auctioned off for more money than all her dresses. It was the same one she wore to the Reagan White House when she danced with John Travolta.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 7:40:15 PM
Ive never seen these earrings.What is the history behind they Prince.Thanks for the picture of Diana wearing them.She really was stunning!I had a huge crush on her for years!

I think the story behing the earrings isn''t known. I can only help you with a description - a pear-shaped aquamarine surrounded by diamonds and hanging from a diamond flower cluster.

Bobbby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
princess lilian then lilian craig 1972 at the kings 90th birthday

PER05036.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
when do you think we will see former duchess of yorks tiara?

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
my guess is as a wedding tiara for the york girls

sarahsuchessyorktiara2010.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today The Duchess of Cornwall attended the very interesting memorial sevice for Rosemary Parker Bowles. From the report I read the service didin''t start untill Andrew Parker Bowles ''acknowledged'' HRH. Then after the servise eneded, Camilla walked on head of all ex-husbands and Lady Elizabeth Anson curtsed to her. Very strict protocol I''d say!

Jewels - the new choker and The Queen Mother''s roky crystal and diamond brooch:

98039459.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The service was also attended by Britain''s favourite Duchess - Deborah, The Dowager Duchess of Devonshire. Very stylish and good looking even at 90:

98039589.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
does anyone have a close up of the diamond rose brosch from luxemburg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 4:07:41 PM
Author: Josefine
my guess is as a wedding tiara for the york girls

Or The Queen''s Diamond Jubilee. Whichever occurres first.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 3:56:09 PM
princess lilian then lilian craig 1972 at the kings 90th birthday

Do you have more photos from Gustaf VI Adolf''s 90th birthday?
I''ve only seen photos of him and his grand daughter Queen Margrethe II:

205353.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry! I made a huge mistake!!! This is a photo from a State Visit, since they're wearing each other's kingdom orders!!!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Since we're still on the Swedish topic - You know that The King and The Queen are in Brazil now. Here's a photo from the return reception at the Swedish embassy for their hots. Her Majesty weairng a simple diamond necklace and an impressive brooch:

12282315.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Finally found the photo of Margrethe II and her grandfather Gustaf VI Adolfat his birthday!

The Quee's wearing the pearl parure:

3482295199_11f8641_b.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2010 4:21:24 PM
The service was also attended by Britain''s favourite Duchess - Deborah, The Dowager Duchess of Devonshire. Very stylish and good looking even at 90:
Wow, she''s 90?!! She looks great!! I also think HM, the Queen looks amazing for her age as well.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
the 13 row pearlnecklace she wears there are other like it in other royal families
do you got photos?

princess_madeleine_of_sweden_06.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 4:21:40 PM
its looks much like the swedish one but i would love to see a close up

1mt2010rosebroch2010.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This picture is out of order now, but another royal who attended the March 25, 2010 memorial service for Rosemary Parker Bowles, the second wife of Andrew Parker Bowles, was the Princess Royal (Princess Anne) who used to date him. Rosemary Parker Bowles died of breast cancer in January.

AGBF
34.gif

ThePrincessRoyalandAndrewParkerBowles.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 11:34:27 AM
Author: AGBF

This picture is out of order now, but another royal who attended the March 25, 2010 memorial service for Rosemary Parker Bowles, the second wife of Andrew Parker Bowles, was the Princess Royal (Princess Anne) who used to date him. Rosemary Parker Bowles died of breast cancer in January.

AGBF

34.gif

Nice photo, AGBF, but it from Rosemary Parker Bowles'' funeral. The Princess Royal was on a visit to Tonga on 23rd, so maybe that prevented her from attending the memorial service yesterday.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 10:24:41 AM
Date: 3/25/2010 4:21:40 PM

its looks much like the swedish one but i would love to see a close up

From the photos I've seen, I'd say that the two brooches are quite differant one from another. I don't have clear a photo of the Luxembourg brooch but here's a close up of the Swedish one. The only similar thing I see is the rose. The branches are different and there is second rose (still closed) in the Swedish version:

ETA - Do you know where the Lux. brooch came from?

sweenbroochrose.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The dinner hosted by The King and Queen of Sweden in Sao Paulo in the Hotel Tivoli - the most formal event during the state visit - black tie for Carl Gustaf and a beautiful purple dress for the Silvia:

12291139Hotel Tivoli in Sao Paulo.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results