shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I was wrong - The Queen (EII) started wearing the Festoon Necklaces after her Coronation.
Does someone have a list of the wedding gifts, Elizabeth recived in 1947?

cor539703.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Imagine going to the Teathre/Opera bedecked with three diamond and one emerald necklaces, a diamond tiara and three emerald brooches:

1228153337679611411.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i must admit my Knowledge is poor when it comes to the UK collection, but i would love to know more about them

wonder why she does not use them....

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Wearing seven! necklaces at her son''s coronation in 1937:

QueenMaryCoronation1937.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Young Alice, Duchess of Gloucester wearing a long necklace:

AliceGlo.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Alice with two shorter necklaces, nowdays worn by the present Duchess:

142936.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The late Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent wearing three - one was a wedding gift from the King, the others I don''t know:

lovelymarina.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 9:45:23 AM
Author: Josefine
i must admit my Knowledge is poor when it comes to the UK collection, but i would love to know more about them

wonder why she does not use them....

I''m sorry, if in some way I''ve offenced you, dearest Josefine. I mist admit that the British collection is my favourite, and of all royal collections I know most about theirs. I don''t know where you''re from, but I asume you aren''t British? Am I right?

Now the jewels - As I said earlier HM was given many jewels from the Arabian rulers, there are jewels left from Queen Mary and Alexandra, even some necklaces that The Queen bought herself. I think I understand HM. It''s like with the Fringe tiaras IMO - there are too many like these around the world! Probably the Queen doesn''t wont to look like the other Queens.

What would you like to know about the British collection? Necklaces, tiaras, earrings.....?

This is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall''s official 60 birthday photograph. Camilla is wearing a collet necklace that George VI gave QEQM to mark their coronation in 1937:

camilla.60th.birthday.portrait.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday (12) Lord Frederick Windsor, the son of TRH Prince & Princess Michel of Kent, married actress Sophie Winkleman at Hampton Court Palace.
I must admit the bride disappointed me as she wasn't wearing the Fringe tiara, but some kind of bandeau, that probably didn't have any jewels in it
7.gif

However, she wore diamond and pearl earrings. We can also see her diamond cluster ring from this photo.

Lord & Lady Frederick Windsor in front of Hampton Court Palace

article-1213039-0666BF48000005DC-59.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The star of the show, in my eyes, was HRH Princess Michael, the groom''s mother. She wore a dark blue evening dress, matched with Princess Marina''s sapphire and diamond earrings and a pearl, sapphire and siamond necklace:

90624168.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The first moment I saw her I knew I''ve seen these sappfire and diamond semicircles, that connect the pearl and sapphire bead rows. These semicircles were previously worn by Princess Mariana as a pair of clip brooches:

marina_s_clips.JPG

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Do not worry i was not offended,
I am from Sweden, therefor i have a intrest in the swedish jewellry.
It all stated when i saw Nobel prize award as young and they talked about the tiaras and necklaces but always the same and with so little information so i got on the internet The royal forum and Royal Jewels of the World board to get more information,

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 10:48:04 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Yesterday (12) Lord Frederick Windsor, the son of TRH Prince & Princess Michel of Kent, married actress Sophie Winkleman at Hampton Court Palace.
I must admit the bride disappointed me as she wasn''t wearing the Fringe tiara, but some kind of bandeau, that probably didn''t have any jewels in it
7.gif

However, she wore diamond and pearl earrings. We can also see her diamond cluster ring from this photo.

Lord & Lady Frederick Windsor in front of Hampton Court Palace
Hi Bobby!
35.gif

Wow, I didn''t know that Frederick had gotten married...I still think of him as a child....where has the time gone?

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 9:45:05 AM
Imagine going to the Teathre/Opera bedecked with three diamond and one emerald necklaces, a diamond tiara and three emerald brooches:
She was one of a kind!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 10:53:34 AM
The star of the show, in my eyes, was HRH Princess Michael, the groom''s mother. She wore a dark blue evening dress, matched with Princess Marina''s sapphire and diamond earrings and a pearl, sapphire and siamond necklace:
Are these HER jewels or are they borrowed?

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 2:18:38 PM
Do not worry i was not offended,

I am from Sweden, therefor i have a intrest in the swedish jewellry.

It all stated when i saw Nobel prize award as young and they talked about the tiaras and necklaces but always the same and with so little information so i got on the internet The royal forum and Royal Jewels of the World board to get more information,

Since you are from Sweden here is a picture of the Emerald Demi parure. This picture was in an old folder called jewellery. I found it today while I was searching for some Elizabeth Taylor jewels. Now it''s in my Royal Jewels folder''s subfolder Sweden.

EmeraldDemiparure11.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
thank you!!!

i have alot of photos but i so wish that i could make them HQ

for the spanish followers... great site i have not seen before
and a diamond necklace in spain can be found

webbsite

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 2:26:48 PM
Date: 9/13/2009 9:54:31 AM

Queen Elizabeth II wearing the masterpiece of the collection (Crown property) - Queen Victoria's diamond necklace and earrins

as there are two necklces shown at the royal, collection from this link

both are from Garrard & Co could this be their design of diamond necklace

You mean something like VCA and Mystery setting, right? Well, I don't think so. I've seen rivieras made my Harry Winston and other not so famous jewellery houses. There are manny jewels made by Gerrard, bucause they were the Crown Jewellers. Now there are newe Crown Jewellers - G. Collins& Sons.
ETA - I think these necklaces were very modern ot the time. They are still often worn by royalty and celebreties.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 2:44:01 PM
Author: loriken214
Date: 9/13/2009 10:53:34 AM

Are these HER jewels or are they borrowed?
Lori

The earrings and the clip brooches, among other jewels, were inherited by Pince Michael when his mother, Princess Marina, died. If the jewels are still in the Prince''s possession or he has gifted them to the Princess is something unknown to me.
I think, however, that they are still his property, so she must have borrowed them from her husband.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 2:45:57 PM
Author: loriken214
Date: 9/13/2009 9:54:31 AM

Queen Elizabeth II wearing the masterpiece of the collection (Crown property) - Queen Victoria''s diamond necklace and earrins

Did Diana ever wear necklaces like these? Are there photos?

Lori

Yes, Lori, Diana wore at least one diamond collet necklace. This necklace is a Spencer heirloom and has five pendants - three pear pearls and a pair of diamond earrings.
Diana wore it only with the central pearl pendant.
The necklace was part of an exibition soon:​

9082791.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
About this Spencer necklace I must add that every diamond is detachable and it can form a bracelet can be formed from these diamonds.
The picture of the then Princess of Wales:

dir030725homeforblind1983.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 3:19:22 PM
thank you!!!

i have alot of photos but i so wish that i could make them HQ

for the spanish followers... great site i have not seen before

and a diamond necklace in spain can be found

webbsite

I wish my photos were HQ too.
I like this one of the Emerald demi parure, because it shows the clasp of the necklace, something we don't often get a chance to see. I've always been impressed by this necklace, because it used to be a belt, luckily someone understood that it'd look much better around a royal neck, than a royal waist. Furtermore emeralds and pearls are my favourite gems.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I forgot this photo of Coutess Raine de Chambrun, previously Dowager Countess Spencer and Princess Diana''s stepmother, wearing a riviera and diamond pendant earrings:

Raine Spencer.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Josefine: Great to hear someone''s setting up a website about the royal swedish jewellery!

Prince.Of.Preslav: I think the "first lady"-rule is appliable when it comes to the Leuchtenberg Saphire-set;
Before the time of the marriage of the King and Silvia I think Birgitta *was* first lady of the Bernadottes; She was the only of the Kings sisters to marry another royal, thus the only one who still could claim the title "HRH"... Her older sister Margaretha was a simple Mrs Ambler.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Robin!

It''s nice to hear that there is at least someone else thet agrees with my theory.

I wonder what would happen if someone of us writes to the Swedish royal court and asks them who was Sweden''s First lady after Princess Sibylla died till the wedding of the current King? Maybe we can ask them about the parure as well, what do you whink?
I remember reading a sweat story on RJWMB about how a poster found a photo of a lady wearing the Cameo tiara, then this poster sent a letter with the photo to The Queen. As a result he/she recived a reply letter from one of HM''s Ladies-in-waiting saing how much the Queen was interested in the history of the parure and that his photo of the this unknown (?) wearer of the tiara was much appreciated. The Queen/The lady-in-waiting also sent some books about the royal palaces.

I don''t think Royal Courts give many information about their jewels, so maybe it would be better to write about who was FL after Princess Sibylla''s death.

Josefine, what do you think?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 4:00:26 PM
About this Spencer necklace I must add that every diamond is detachable and it can form a bracelet can be formed from these diamonds.
The picture of the then Princess of Wales:
Thank you Bobby!!!
35.gif

Lori

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results