shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

estelaris

Rough_Rock
yes well thank you very much for posting them!

estelaris

Rough_Rock
Italian actress Isabella Orsini married prince, Edouard de Ligne de La Tremoille.

Her traditional veil was adorned by a sparkling tiara made up of aquamarine gems and diamonds.

The 12th century castle in Antoing is the ancestral home to his family and it will soon become the new residence for Isabella, who is now styled HH Princess.

Edouard is the son of Charles-Antoine Lamoral, Prince de Ligne de La Tremoille, the third cousin once removed of Michel, the 14th prince of Ligne.

Michel is the head of the House Of Ligne, one of the oldest and most prestigious Belgian noble families dating back to the 11th century.

16890-z.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 11:14:10 AM
Author: Josefine
Queen of denmark
What a beautiful set! What are those stones? Are they black or is it just the picture?
(beautiful picture of HM Queen Margrethe aswell.)

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
It''s just the picture...these are the famous Danish emeralds, which are a part of the Crown Jewels. Queen Margarethe looks stunning in them, doesn''t she? Check here for a better-colored picture.

http://www.royal-magazin.de/daenemark/emerald-crown-jewels.htm

I second the thanks for the Danish jewelry, these are fabulous pictures!
31.gif

robinj

Shiny_Rock
When it comes to danish jewellery;
These (in)famous Golden Poppies are always up in discussions when it comes to ugliest royal jewels. I must admit I quite like them, but they don't stand out well in HMQ Margrethes grey hair... I'm sure Mary or Marie could wear them better... Silver Poppies would look better on HMQ M2R.

I just have one question; in one royal blog they said it was illuminated with small lamps in it? Is this really true?? Where do they keep the batteries? In HM hair?! Please tell me there are no lamps in it!

13014695ddd.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of the Queen wearing the them and some long gold earrings (more poppies?). I don''t know if the poppies are illuminated, but I hope they''re not. Imagine The Queen walking in the dark wearing the Golden poppies and using them instead of a torch. That would be sth really worth seeing.
Don''t you think they''d look better as brooches, BTW? Do we know who gave them to Margrethe?

Denmark-GoldenPoppiesTiara.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Maxime=a''s jewels from the second day of The Oranges visit to New York:

PPE09090916.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lamps or not, that is absolutely beautiful, what craftsmanship!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 2:04:55 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Welcome to Pricescope, Laurie!

Bobby

Laurie, I want to second the welcomes and thank you for your posts! I'm looking forward to more posts from you.
35.gif

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
okay I am trying to set up a webpage about the Swedish royal jewellery, I am not sure that I will make it but I will try
this is the text on the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure
This parure was a wedding gift from Napoleon Bonaparte, (the French emperor) to Eugene Beauhmais who were Napoleons adopted son. Eugene married Princess Augusta Amalia of Bavaria.
The name of the parure come from that the married couple was called Duke and Duchess of Leuchtenberg.
Duke and Duchess of Leuchtenberg gave the parure as a wedding gift to their daughter Josephine when she married future King Oscar I of Sweden in 1823.
From that the time Josfina was given the tiara, only Queens has worn it.
This is a neo-classical diamond and sapphire parure. If you count the square-cut sapphire and diamond clusters there are nine of them and they are
set on a base of honeysuckles and leaves. It seems that from the start one could change the sapphires with nine pear pearls.
The parure consists of a tiara, pendant earrings, a necklace, a brooch
and a pair of hair sticks.

Princess Augusta of Bavaria. as a wedding gift January 1806

Queen Josefina of Sweden, neé Leuchtenberg a wedding gift
May 1823

Queen Lovisa of Sweden, neé Princess of the Netherlands

Queen Sofia of Sweden, neé Princess of Nassau

Queen Victoria of Sweden, neé Princess of Baden

Queen Louise of Sweden, neé Princess of Battenberg

Queen Silvia of Sweden, neé Sommerlath started to wear the set as she became Queen after her marriage June 1976

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Very nice to hear that you''re going to launch a website about the Swedish jewels. To your list of royals who had worn the parure I''d like to add Princess Sibylla of Sweden and Princess Birgitta of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen & Sweden.

On this picture you can see Princess Sibylla wearing the parure at Princess Benedecte''s wedding in 1968:

untitledoerk.JPG

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i hope that i can do it, i have worked on the text, got a webbsite up but there is only for 20 pages and not much space for uploading photos.

2_1.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i worked on the text

This sapphire parure was a wedding to Eugene Beauhmais and Princess Augusta Amalia of Bavaria from the French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte. Napoleon was Eugene’s adopted father. The parure is called the Leuchtenberg sapphire Parure because the married couple was the Duke and Duchess of Leuchtenberg.

Duke and Duchess of Leuchtenberg gave the parure as a wedding gift to their daughter Josephine when she married future King Oscar I of Sweden in 1823. And this is how it ended up in the Swedish royal family.

This is a neo-classical diamond and sapphire parure. If you count the square-cut sapphire and diamond clusters there are nine of them and they are set on a base of honeysuckles and leaves. It seems that from the start one could change the sapphires with nine pear pearls.
The parure consists of a tiara, pendant earrings, necklace, brooch and a pair of hair sticks.
The Leuchtenberg sapphire Parure is today part of the Bernadotte family foundation.
May 1823
Queen Louise of Sweden, neé Princess of Battenberg got to wear it as Crown Princess of Sweden.
Princess Sibylla and Prncess Birgitta have worn the tiara.
Queen Silvia of Sweden, neé Sommerlath started to wear the set as she became Queen after her marriage June 1976.

now i am looking for Queen Louise of Sweden wearing it as crown princess.
has anyone else only worn the necklace or brooch? Maybe lilian

Sybilla.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today I thought a little about the Luchteberg parure and my conclusion was that only the First Lady of Sweden can waer it. However, later I chekced if Pss Birgitta was the first daughter of TRH Duke & Duchess of Västerbotten, but I find out that she''s their second child.
Do you agree with my "First Lady" theory?
If I''m right how did she come to wear the sapphires? Does the fact that only Birgitta of the 4 sisters married royalty (and thus retained her HRH) has something to do with that?

Why have you written that Sibylla & Birgitta hav only worn the tiara? Also Queen Louise wore it as Queen, not only as CPss.
In reply to your question - no. I haven''t seen anyone wearing any part of the parure, since Silvia married her King.

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
you are right it should not have the trext; have worn the tiara.

May 1823
Queen Louise of Sweden, neé Princess of Battenberg got to wear it as Crown Princess of Sweden.
Princess Sibylla of Sweden, neé Princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
Prncess Birgitta of Sweden,
Queen Silvia of Sweden, neé Sommerlath started to wear the set as she became Queen after her marriage June 1976.

First Lady theory; I do not know
who acted as first Lady when Carl Gustaf were not married, Was it Sibylla up to her death? and then i thought Chrsitina but this i am very unsure of.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
How many Diamond necklaces are there in the swedish royal family

Long Diamond Riviere Necklace
Short Diamond Riviere Necklace
Grand Diamond Necklace

are there more?

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here is at the pre wedding 1976
she wears two necklaces

preweddingsilvia.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here is a other photo

ww_2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here Queen Silvia wearing the most impresive necklace in the Swedish collection:

dfd.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Victoria wearing a shorter necklace with smallsame size diamonds:

Baden Fringe Tiara2.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
yes it is

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A regal portrait of Queen Louise in Court Dress wearing the rivieras from my previous posts. Cer corsage ornament is now part of one of Princess Lilian''s necklaces:

9.0.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
so this is also the grand necklace, but it looks shorter

666240e.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
okay the two togather is the same as the once at the phot of queen Louisa

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 4:50:46 AM
Author: Josefine
yes it is

Thanks. I''ve never seen that picture.

Here is Princess Lilian with the corsage ornament worn as part of her necklace:

PicImg_King_Carl_Gustaf_89c6.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
´so there are 4 Diamond Necklaces?

Long Diamond Riviere Necklace
Short Diamond Riviere Necklace
Grand Diamond Necklace
Shorter Grand Diamond Necklace

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't say that the grand necklace was worn at the gala for the Japanese IF (post5). Look at the side diamonds - they're smaller than the ones from the grand necklace(posts 1&3).
There are some othes. AFAIK the swedes have the second largest collection of rivieras. The largest is with the Windsors.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
the longer necklace in her hair

900b687eff664cd098c68bdb36d1f684vi0.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav
could that mean there is a 5th necklace?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results