clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2007 8:59:03 AM
Author: AGBF

Date: 11/4/2007 11:47:48 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

Pictures from the visit of the Saudi King to England this past week. The big guns jewelry wise always come out when the Middle Eastern Royals come to visit - especially the Saudis because they always give the Royals unbelieveable gifts of jewels.

Here is the Queen with the Saudi King.

I would like to know more about the tiara (or is it a crown?) which the Queen is wearing in this photograph. It has a much more delicate look to it than that which the Duchess of Cornwall is wearing! I like it!

I do not think that the jewelry from the Saudis is beautiful, however!

Deborah
34.gif
I don''t know any specifics on that tiara but I will keep my eyes peeled and let you know what I find out.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2007 11:15:41 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 11/4/2007 11:29:24 PM
SDL is prettier than Sophie!
1.gif
But I think you guys are right - she looks like a mix of Diana and Sophie. We have our own Princess in our midst!
I wish. Though.. Diana was the reason I got involved with volunteer work. I wanted to be just like her.
Here''s that picture, sorry its really bad because its scanned from a book. Ah to be that young again..
2.gif
Wow - you could have won a Diana look a like contest thats for sure.

If I posted a picture of myself from the 80''s you all would laugh so hard you''d shoot your drink out your nose!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2007 11:15:41 AM

Date: 11/4/2007 11:29:24 PM
SDL is prettier than Sophie!
1.gif
But I think you guys are right - she looks like a mix of Diana and Sophie. We have our own Princess in our midst!
I wish. Though.. Diana was the reason I got involved with volunteer work. I wanted to be just like her.
Here''s that picture, sorry its really bad because its scanned from a book. Ah to be that young again..
2.gif
Wow SDL... that''s an uncanny resemblance. You look just like her! Very beautiful (then and now)!
1.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks lorelei and lady a for the signet ring info.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2007 8:11:18 AM
Author: crown1
thanks lorelei and lady a for the signet ring info.
Most welcome Crown m''dear!
35.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall appeared at an event recently wearing this set of gold butterfly brooches with what looks like blue topaz and citrine stones in each.

Camilladoublebutterfly.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
You can just see the brooches in the corner of this photo. I admire Camilla for not being shy about wearing her glasses in public. I think one of the best things about her is that she doesn''t try to pretend she is twenty years old. She wears her age well!

Camilladoublebutterfly2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Camilla also has another butterfly brooch - this one in diamonds.

Camilla-diamondbutterflybrooch.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Camilla also recently wore this art deco style brooch. Don''t know where it came from - possibly her family? Looks like madeira citrines or garnets.

Camilladecobrooch2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another of the art deco style brooch:

Camilladecobrooch.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Close up of the brooch - opinions on what the stones are?

Camilladecobroochsm.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2007 7:44:20 PM

Date: 11/5/2007 8:59:03 AM

Date: 11/4/2007 11:47:48 PM

Pictures from the visit of the Saudi King to England this past week. The big guns jewelry wise always come out when the Middle Eastern Royals come to visit - especially the Saudis because they always give the Royals unbelieveable gifts of jewels.

Here is the Queen with the Saudi King.

I would like to know more about the tiara (or is it a crown?) which the Queen is wearing in this photograph. It has a much more delicate look to it than that which the Duchess of Cornwall is wearing! I like it!

I do not think that the jewelry from the Saudis is beautiful, however!

Deborah

34.gif

I don''t know any specifics on that tiara but I will keep my eyes peeled and let you know what I find out.

I believe that I have found out some more information about the tiara, but I have to compare the photo of the one I discovered with the one in the picture of Queen Elizabeth that you posted, Lady A., to be sure I have the correct tiara!

Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

If one looks at photos of the Queen during evening events, you will frequently see the‘Girls of Great Britain and Ireland’ tiara. The tiara gets its name from donations made to a committee formed in 1893 to raise money for a wedding gift to the future Queen Mary. It has diamond festoons, scrolls and 27 collet spikes and Queen Mary originally wore it with upstanding pearl spikes. Minus the pearls, she gifted it to Princess Elizabeth for her wedding in 1947. It was her first tiara and the Queen affectionately calls it ‘Granny’s tiara’. This tiara has also appeared on currency and stamps.

The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

Deborah
34.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sooooooooooooo love this thread!!!

Thank you so much for posting all of these wonderful pictures. I look forward to new ones
Linda

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Lovely photo SDL, you look just like her. I love the photo, very classy and elegant!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
That 3 strand pearl necklace Camilla is wearing looks very familiar!

queen mum.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the King George III Fringe Tiara, also known simply as the Fringe Tiara. The Princess Elizabeth (now Queen Elizabeth II) borrowed this from her mother to wear for her wedding to Prince Philip. (Princess Anne was also to borrow it from her grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, for her wedding to Captain Mark Phillips.)

The Fringe Tiara is a graduated circle of vertical rows of diamonds. It was made in 1830, from diamonds belonging to King George III, to be a necklace. (King George III was the one against whom we Americans had our revolution.)

Queen Victoria wore the Fringe Tiara and willed it to the crown. It was worn by many other British queens since. On the Princess Elizabeth's wedding day, it snapped. The royal jeweler was standing by and he repaired it.

Deborah
34.gif

KingGeorgeIIIFringeTiara.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a shot of the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara which Queen Elizabeth was wearing when she greeted a Saudi Arabian guest. It seems to be the tiara she most favors and is the one in which she is pictured on postage stamps.

Deborah
34.gif

GirlsOfGreatBritainTiara2.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have said it before, but it bears repeating...I SO want a tiara!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to rock my tiara with my sweats and uggs and go to the grocery store!!!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 10:00:26 PM
Author: Beacon
That 3 strand pearl necklace Camilla is wearing looks very familiar!
Good eye Beacon - it is totally possible that it is the same necklace. Camilla definately came in for a huge windfall of jewels when the QM died. However, all the royal ladies have pearl necklaces. It''s almost as if it is mandatory! So I''m not really sure where that one came from.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 11:18:16 PM

This is a shot of the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara which Queen Elizabeth was wearing when she greeted a Saudi Arabian guest. It seems to be the tiara she most favors and is the one in which she is pictured on postage stamps.

Deborah
34.gif
AGBF -

Thanks for posting this info. You are right, that is the tiara. I am smacking my head right now because that is one of the Queen''s most famous tiara''s and she does wear it quite a bit.

I''m gathering together a bunch of related pictures about the Girls of GB and Ireland Tiara so stay tuned!!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 11:51:46 PM

Date: 11/6/2007 11:48:56 PM
Author: diamondfan
I just want to rock my tiara with my sweats and uggs and go to the grocery store!!!
Well.. they DO go with everything..
31.gif
I can just picture us all having a tiara tea party just like my daughter does. LOL!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Going back to the Duchess of Cornwall''s "mysterious" garnet/citrine brooch....I found this photo of Camilla riding in a carriage with Prince William. I think she is wearing that same brooch. What do you guys think? The same?

Camillawilliam.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Hello SanDiegolady and LadyAmythyst,
I am new to the forum and was very pleased to find that someone was keeping an indepth thread active on the royal jewels of the world! I have enjoyed following your comments and hope to jump in now and again to comment.As i mentioned in a thread on the december auction by Southbys on rare jewels, i have followed the sale of Wallis Simpsons collection since it went up for sale in late 1986.The original auction catolog is a great read for the followers of the royal jewels.The catolog contained a llarge white diamond(40plus carats )that belonged to Evalyn Walch Maclean(owner of the Hope diamond),it was bought by Harry Winston and then resold to a private party,but ive heard its up for re-sale again!There is the emerald bracelet that is up for sale this december by Southbys and ive read that the 1940s Cartier gold and emerald cuff bracelets are up for sale once again...any one out there on the forum know any more about the where abouts of major pieces of the coillection?i know that Liz Tylor owns the Prince of Wales pin.Thanks again for the fun thread!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 12:31:01 AM
Author: jewelerman
Hello SanDiegolady and LadyAmythyst,
I am new to the forum and was very pleased to find that someone was keeping an indepth thread active on the royal jewels of the world! I have enjoyed following your comments and hope to jump in now and again to comment.As i mentioned in a thread on the december auction by Southbys on rare jewels, i have followed the sale of Wallis Simpsons collection since it went up for sale in late 1986.The original auction catolog is a great read for the followers of the royal jewels.The catolog contained a llarge white diamond(40plus carats )that belonged to Evalyn Walch Maclean(owner of the Hope diamond),it was bought by Harry Winston and then resold to a private party,but ive heard its up for re-sale again!There is the emerald bracelet that is up for sale this december by Southbys and ive read that the 1940s Cartier gold and emerald cuff bracelets are up for sale once again...any one out there on the forum know any more about the where abouts of major pieces of the coillection?i know that Liz Tylor owns the Prince of Wales pin.Thanks again for the fun thread!
Actually I think I just saw a photo somewhere of an emerald necklace from Wallis'' collection...if I run across it again I will post it.

Man I would love to have that catalog!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the quick response! I agree about the pin...citrines.I bet its part of a set of clips or a lerger pin.1930s-1940s...Queen Elizabeth as a set that looks like this in diamonds and aquamarine by cartier that she recieved on 18th birthday.The simpson catolog was a real find...in the jewelry section at a university ,i wanted to buy it but no deal! It was hard bound and covered in green linin or cotton fabric,with every page in color and glossy photos.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 12:45:57 AM
Author: jewelerman
Thanks for the quick response! I agree about the pin...citrines.I bet its part of a set of clips or a lerger pin.1930s-1940s...Queen Elizabeth as a set that looks like this in diamonds and aquamarine by cartier that she recieved on 18th birthday.The simpson catolog was a real find...in the jewelry section at a university ,i wanted to buy it but no deal! It was hard bound and covered in green linin or cotton fabric,with every page in color and glossy photos.
Ooh - I''ve got a picture of those clips....

Aren''t they GORGEOUS!? They are aquamarine and diamonds and were given to her by her parents for her 18th b-day. (My photo tag says earrings but they are clips.)

queenliz18thbdayearrings.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I have a bunch of fabulous pictures ready to go about the recent State Opening of Parliament in England but.....

before that I wanted to go back to Camilla''s Saudi Sapphires. I found these photos which give a great view of them. Camilla wore them, for the first time I think, at an event for The Prince''s Trust, Charles'' pet charity.

Here they are arriving.

CharlesandCamilla-PrincesTrustgalan.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Camilla....the sapphires...and her lovely sapphire blue dress.

camillasaudisapphirenecklace.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
A close up of the sapphires.

Man those are beautiful gems! I admit I''m a huge sapphire fan - but I don''t see how anyone would fail to love this necklace!!
1.gif

Camillasaudisapphires.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results