musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:26:36 PM
Author: Sithathoriunet
Date: 4/14/2009 3:11:07 PM
Author: musey
Um... wow.

No 'cliques' on PS, eh, Imdanny?
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
To clarify, I was responding to this:

Date: 4/14/2009 2:50:36 PM
wrongo frekechild,

and keeping out of something that 'obviously' had nothing at all to do with you in the first place might be advisable here.

i will stick up for myself, i will fight for my friends and i will speak up when provoked. you fill in the blanks.
And to be fair, 'sticking up for a friend' was part of what freke was doing, but she wouldn't have done so just for the sake of speaking up for me if the situation didn't seem to warrant it.

I had no intention of provoking anyone. You very strongly misread my post to Imdanny. You have no former experience with me, and rather than attempting to clarify, you assumed (incorrectly) that I was directing a lot of negative energy toward Imdanny, which I was not. That is a very easy thing to do, and I've been guilty of it myself in the past. Miscommunication and misinterpretation run rampant on any text-based communication medium, and it is important to give people the benefit of the doubt - and when in doubt, ask to clarify. I think if you were to re-read the conversation as it escalated with an open mind, you would likely see that the provocation came from a different source than you first suspected.

Just so we're all on the same page
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:49:30 PM

Date: 4/14/2009 3:30:21 PM
Author: Linda W
Please be reminded that no one ''owns'' the Royal Jewel Thread, except Pricescope itself. It is here for all members to enjoy and post pictures of lovely Royal jewels.
Amen.

Amen? That was a reminder to you Sith, not to musey or frekechild, or Imdanny for that matter. You are not the moderator of this thread, and frankly your posts in response to both Musey and Frekechild are the most offensive here to date. Look to yourself before you attack others. Pots and kettles after all.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, you worded that quite well.
35.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 2:50:36 PM
wrongo frekechild,
and keeping out of something that 'obviously' had nothing at all to do with you in the first place might be advisable here. what you just said was the 'epitome of condescension'
and might i suggest you back off. i don't care how long you or anyone else has 'been around' the forum. and i DO NOT take lightly to attitude. i don't allow people such as you or anyone else to cop it with nor at me. so kindly say nothing at all if you have nothing nice nor pertinent to say.
i will stick up for myself, i will fight for my friends and i will speak up when provoked. you fill in the blanks.
As you said before, you have no idea who is reading. I am entitled to write my thoughts and opinions just as much as you are. My thoughts happen to include many about musey as a poster, and I happened to decide to jump in and defend her because I know her well and have interacted with her a lot.

I think YOU are the one who needs to back off. You do not own this thread or any other. I do NOT take lightly to attitude either, and the type of attitude coming from you is not appreciated OR in the spirit of Pricescope.

As for nice and pertinent, I was nice to musey. And it was pertinent because you brought it up in the first place.

I will also speak when provoked, and your words were a highly unnecessary attack upon me. It's called freedom of speech and I'm currently exercising it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:52:07 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 4/14/2009 3:49:30 PM

Date: 4/14/2009 3:30:21 PM
Author: Linda W
Please be reminded that no one ''owns'' the Royal Jewel Thread, except Pricescope itself. It is here for all members to enjoy and post pictures of lovely Royal jewels.
Amen.

Amen? That was a reminder to you Sith, not to musey or frekechild, or Imdanny for that matter. You are not the moderator of this thread, and frankly your posts in response to both Musey and Frekechild are the most offensive here to date. Look to yourself before you attack others. Pots and kettles after all.
Well said Gypsy.
5.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:54:16 PM
35.gif
Thank you Musey and Lisa. I've, unfortunatley, had practice on PS recently posting that same message or one similar to it. There's been a bout of folks running amock and calling others out for what they themselves are guilty of instigating, and frankly it's been getting on my nerves. This is a friendly place and I like it that way. If everyone moderated themselves first, and others second we would all be happier.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 4:03:28 PM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 4/14/2009 3:54:16 PM
35.gif
Thank you Musey and Lisa. I''ve, unfortunatley, had practice on PS recently posting that same message or one similar to it. There''s been a bout of folks running amock with people calling others out for what they themselves are guilty of instigating, and frankly it''s been getting on my nerves. This is a friendly place and I like it that way. If everyone moderated themselves first, and others second we would all be happier.
This has been my experience, as well, unfortunately. It''s very frustrating and disheartening
7.gif

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Let''s leave the drama behind and focus on royal jewels, please.

Here''s a picture of the Derby tiara, owned by the Duchesses of Devonshire.

4ea2452363dacd48935807ef.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
In lieu of the lovely Romanov jewels we''ve been seeing lately, here''s a colored picture of the ears of wheat tiara (more like crown, in my opinion...) that Empresses Marie Feodorovna and Alexandra Feodorovna have worn. I love this
1.gif

ce1c59ce43774e3fb700c8c5.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 4:08:14 PM
Author: shadowed_rain
Let''s leave the drama behind and focus on royal jewels, please.

Here''s a picture of the Derby tiara, owned by the Duchesses of Devonshire.
The Scandalous D of D?
31.gif

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Why yes
9.gif

This website does a pretty admirable job giving some jewelry background on the "scandalous D of D!"

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Stay on topic.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 4:36:11 PM
Author: shadowed_rain
Why yes
9.gif

This website does a pretty admirable job giving some jewelry background on the ''scandalous D of D!''
Wooooo Hooooooo. I''ve always loved scandalous historical figures. MAN, I would have put up with a LOT to wear that tiara not to mention her other lovelies. Plus, she had a rolicking good time.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Jenna, thank you for the picture of the necklace believed to have been made for Catherine the Great, the Russian Kokoshnik, the tiara that Alexandra Fyodorvna is often seen wearing, the portrait of Alexandra wearing it, the picture of Alexandra wearing it, Ella's emeralds, the Ears of Wheat tiara that belonged to Maria Fyodorovna, wife of Paul I Petrovich, the tiara, unattributed, the Russian imperial crown, the imperial jewels from China, the nuptial crown from the Russian Imperial Jewels, the Viennese Crown, the essay, most particularly the part about the Orlov diamond, the Tsar's diamond cloak clasp, the Iranian ruby tiara, Empress Farah's coronation crown, the necklace with detachable bow clasp from the Russian Imperial collection, the pearl and diamond tiara from the same, the second picture of the Russian Imperial crown, Empress Eugenie's crown from the French Crown Jewels, and the gold, diamond, ruby, and emerald piece from the Ottoman crown jewels.

Thank you for answering my question about your preference for gold versus platinum. In answer to your question, I prefer gold for the reason you cited-- countless royal families and cultures across millenia have valued gold and if I had to choose one, I'd chose gold because I would want to be a part of that. If there is one precious metal I have to consider essential, it's going to be gold.

Congratulations on two very beautiful rings and a very beautiful watch!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 8:46:28 PM

Date: 4/13/2009 6:24:33 AM
Author: Imdanny
Jenna, I''m sorry about your father.
thankyou, you are a sweetie...it''s been one of the hardest obsticles emotionally i''ve ever had to hurdle in my life...probably always will be. it''s hard to explain what you go through, and unless you are a child who lost a parent at such a young age, you just can''t imagine...
i''m 33 now and i still have feelings of hurt, missing him, rage at the loss and a sense of being lost sometimes...so i know there is no end in sight for wills and harry and what they face...goodness knows.
Jenna,

I''m sorry about your father, also. I lost both of my parents within six months of each other, totally unexpected, in 2007. I still can''t believe they are gone.

Lori

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:19:19 PM
Jenna, thank you for the picture of the necklace believed to have been made for Catherine the Great, the Russian Kokoshnik, the tiara that Alexandra Fyodorvna is often seen wearing, the portrait of Alexandra wearing it, the picture of Alexandra wearing it, Ella''s emeralds, the Ears of Wheat tiara that belonged to Maria Fyodorovna, wife of Paul I Petrovich, the tiara, unattributed, the Russian imperial crown, the imperial jewels from China, the nuptial crown from the Russian Imperial Jewels, the Viennese Crown, the essay, most particularly the part about the Orlov diamond, the Tsar''s diamond cloak clasp, the Iranian ruby tiara, Empress Farah''s coronation crown, the necklace with detachable bow clasp from the Russian Imperial collection, the pearl and diamond tiara from the same, the second picture of the Russian Imperial crown, Empress Eugenie''s crown from the French Crown Jewels, and the gold, diamond, ruby, and emerald piece from the Ottoman crown jewels.

Thank you for answering my question about your preference for gold versus platinum. In answer to your question, I prefer gold for the reason you cited-- countless royal families and cultures across millenia have valued gold and if I had to choose one, I''d chose gold because I would want to be a part of that. If there is one precious metal I have to consider essential, it''s going to be gold.

Congratulations on two very beautiful rings and a very beautiful watch!
thankyou so much! and you are of course very welcome.;-)

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 9:48:19 PM
Author: loriken214
Date: 4/13/2009 8:46:28 PM

Date: 4/13/2009 6:24:33 AM

Jenna, I''m sorry about your father.

thankyou, you are a sweetie...it''s been one of the hardest obsticles emotionally i''ve ever had to hurdle in my life...probably always will be. it''s hard to explain what you go through, and unless you are a child who lost a parent at such a young age, you just can''t imagine...

i''m 33 now and i still have feelings of hurt, missing him, rage at the loss and a sense of being lost sometimes...so i know there is no end in sight for wills and harry and what they face...goodness knows.

Jenna,

I''m sorry about your father, also. I lost both of my parents within six months of each other, totally unexpected, in 2007. I still can''t believe they are gone.

Lori
hi lori,
i can totally understand...and thankyou, i know it is hard enough with one parent going too soon, but to lose both like that...my heart goes out to you. God bless

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
what is diana wearing on page 102 - it looks like a black and white newspaper picture? This tiara does not look familiar.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 11:40:19 AM
Author: laurensmama
what is diana wearing on page 102 - it looks like a black and white newspaper picture? This tiara does not look familiar.

Hi, laurensmama!
This picture was a new one to me, too. I didn't know that Diana wore another tiara, except of the Spencer and Queen Mary's Cambridge lover's knot tiaras. This one looks like another Spencer family heirloom, that I beliåve is now in the Diana museum in Althorp.
Here is how it looks now:

otherSpTiara.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And here is a picture before the recreation
I think this piece was discussed earlier on this thread and the pics were posted too, but I''m not sure. If so, I''m sorry.

otherSpTiata2.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Hello friend I''ve been gazing the such nice pieces of the royals....drooling eyes...aff

But well please allow me to post this one info about Diana, I have some magazines about her too, may she rest in peace, I am one of her fans.

The jury in the Diana, Princess of Wales, inquest watched her lover Dodi Fayed picking out what his family say may have been an engagement ring.

Just hours before the crash in which the couple were killed, Dodi paid a visit to the Paris branch of the famous Monte Carlo jeweller Alberto Repossi.

CCTV footage shown for the first time at the inquest in the High Court in London captures Dodi standing, surrounded by staff, being shown several items of jewellery.

The grainy images show Mr Fayed being taken to a cabinet by Mr Repossi before a selection of pieces are laid out on tables for him to inspect.

Diana is not shown with Dodi in the footage, but he returns, after the brief visit to the exclusive shop to the Imperial Suite at the Ritz Hotel, where the couple spent several hours on the afternoon and evening of August 31 1997.

Dodi’s father, the Harrods owner Mohamed al Fayed, says the couple met Mr Repossi earlier that summer to chose a ring which was then sent to be sized in Italy.

The ring was from Repossi’s “Dis-moi oui” range - meaning “Tell me yes”.

Mr Fayed was then to collect it that day and present it to Diana as an engagement ring, the jury has heard. (via Press Association)

the link to the site:
http://www.britishroyalwedding.com/2007/10/19/was-this-princess-dianas-engagement-ring/

I''ll try to post the image of the engagement ring with Dodi

Hugs

Monica (uff I attached the ring, that Dodi designed for her) by Repossi Jewellers in Paris http://www.repossi.com/

or http://www.britishroyalwedding.com/2007/10/19/was-this-princess-dianas-engagement-ring/

princess-diana-ring.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, fogdancer. Thanks. I've seen pictures of this ring before. I don't know if I think that is an engagement ring. I just don't know enough about that part of Diana's private life to know. I don't think that the ring itself looks like an engagement ring. I mean to me, it looks like a right hand ring. I speculate if someone were going to give Diana an engagement ring, would it not be something spectacular, and more traditional, like a 10 ct diamond? I guess I'm trying to say that I just don't know what or whom to believe concerning this ring. I wish that I could say I like this ring, but it is not to my taste. In any case, it does not seem that this ring did belong to Diana, but it is interesting, nonetheless. Thanks again.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi, fogdancer! I' ve seen this ring before and I think it is a nice ring, but it doesn't look like an engagement ring. I am not sure if it is to the princess' taste and I really hope Dodi wouldn't propose Diana with that one. For a woman who had that beatiful sapphire ring, a big diamond is more appropriate and I doubt that Dodi couldn't afford it. I hope it was just a gift, but not an ering.
BTW isn't that ring in Harrods?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Bobby!
1.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 1:32:30 AM
Thanks, Bobby!
1.gif

Hi, Imdanny!You're welcome as usuall! Every time I see an interesting picture or a video I'm posting them here, so that you all can see and enjoy them and I hope you are delighted:)

Bobby

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just been trying to catch up on my reading in this thread (I had missed a lot). I am more or less caught up, but it is never the same as having been there!

Jenna, my heart goes out to you. I remember that as a child I had a terror of losing one of my parents! Since my relationship with my mother was not as good as that with my father, I had a special terror of losing my father, but I feared losing either of them. I also feared their getting a divorce. I used to worry that they might divorce and I might have to live apart from my father! I cannot imagine how horrible it would be actually to have to live through the nightmare of such a loss! You are in my heart!!!

Everyone has been contributing such very, very interesting and diverse items to the thread. I love it!

My only comment: just because Dodi Fayed proposed to Diana, Princess of Wales did not mean that she would accept his proposal or, even if she did, actually go through with a marriage. I am convinced that her true love was the Pakistani doctor (heart surgeon), Hasnat Khan. After having read about her feelings for Dr. Khan, whom she seemed to love deeply, it is hard to believe that she would marry just anyone. Would she really have married Dodi Fayed?

AGBF
34.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
During our family gathering on Easter Sunday, we discussed how Charles loved Camilla, but they couldn''t marry because she wasn''t a virgin. Prince Phillip was determined to find a virgin and force Charles to marry. Poor Diana had to go through the "virgin exam" before she was fit to marry Charles. She had the heir and a spare and her duty was done. How miserable they both must have been in that marriage.

Today, Prince William lives with his girlfriend Kate. What if they wanted to marry? Is the "virgin rule" still in effect?

Lori

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
They were hit with divorces from every member of their children''s generation, except Edward, who married late. Margaret was divorced, if I''m not mistaken. Is any of this factually incorrect? If so, please correct me.

I''d like to say that they are more willing today to accept the family member''s first choice (they seem to end up with their first choice or divorced anyway) so I''d like to think, personally, that it''s not an issue. But I don''t know. Of course, I would have no way of knowing that, and I haven''t heard anyone who should know address it.

So I''m going to guess and say it''s not an issue, although I''m not, personally, a fan of Kate Middteton''s. She doesn''t seem humble to me. She doesn''t seem to have Diana''s empathy to me. She doesn''t seem to be a woman of accomplishment. As far as I know she finished schools (getting a very expensive education) but she is not working.

It may sound mean (I am sorry if it does) and it is just my opinion, but I''d like him to find someone more like his mother.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 11:01:09 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Date: 4/17/2009 1:32:30 AM

Thanks, Bobby!
1.gif

Hi, Imdanny!You''re welcome as usuall! Every time I see an interesting picture or a video I''m posting them here, so that you all can see and enjoy them and I hope you are delighted:)

Bobby
That was something with the Queen herself showing the crown! I then linked from there to a video series I saw, "Edward VIII The Traitor King," a Channel 4 documentary posted in 11 parts. I watched all of it! I''m surprised because I usually spend my time on the internet posting or looking at jewelry. I thought it had a lot of well told history in it. It had interviews with many people who were actually involved in events during that time and interviews with the descendants of some of these peope. I only mention it because it was your link that allowed me to find it. Thank you again! I am always delighted by the contributions in this thread. What a great thread!
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results