clarity

Royal Jewels

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Earrings...

peridot29375855.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm - photo didn''t post that last time. Here it is (hopefully!).

letiziaatprado5.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
And the pin...

peridotpin.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 6:10:06 PM
Author: oobiecoo
This was Archduchess Isabella of Austria''s peridot parure. I believe its now privately owned by an individual. I''m definitely in LOVE with it!
Oooh! I love it too. It looks very wearable!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Queen Sofia of Spain at the same event at the Prado. Her diamond necklace is relatively modest.

sofiaatprado.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/31/2007 6:22:42 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Here is Queen Sofia of Spain at the same event at the Prado. Her diamond necklace is relatively modest.
Yes.
2.gif

Very informative LadyA..., I enjoy following your thread..., great pictures!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Queen Sofia looks to be a very sophisticated woman. i think that dress looks nice on her as well, a bit more contemporary compared to what some of the other royals in her age group wear.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 6:01:51 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Here are some photos of Crown Princess Letizia of Spain at a gala for the opening of an extension to the Prado.
I love the earrings!!!
30.gif
30.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s look at Sophie Rhys-Jones, the Countess of Wessex. She is married to the Queen''s youngest son Prince Edward. Here she is on her wedding day. The tiara was made for Sophie out of bits of another older tiara from the royal collection.

sophieweddingtiara.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another shot of Sophie in her wedding tiara. Her necklace and earrings look like either a crown or bow shape.

sophietiara1.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is Sophie in her wedding tiara and the same earring and necklace set - from this angle they look like bow shapes. She is also wearing a pair of diamond clips that she inherited from the Queen Mother.

SophieQMdiamondclips.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie with her husband Prince Edward atthe same event. You can see some of the family/Royal Orders she has been granted.

Edward and Sophie have one daughter, Lady Louise, who is rearely seen in public. Sophie is expecting their second child in December.

sophiepinkdress.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie in her wedding tiara attending the wedding of the Crow Prince of Norway.

sophiemmwedding.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie again in her wedding tiara this time attending the wedding of Princess Martha Louise of Norway.

sophiemarthalouiserw.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
For many years Sophie only had the one tiara to wear. Recently she has finally turned up in two new tiaras. First this "button style" tiara.

sophiebuttontiara.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie''s third tiara was new made for her and was not previously part of the Royal collection. The center contains a stunning & huge aquamarine that I think goes really well withSophie''s hazel blue eyes.

SophieWessexNewTiaracropped.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another shot of Sophie''s new tiara along with the aquamarine earrings and pendant that match.

sophieorders.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
As the wife of a third son, Sophie Wessex has very little in the way of "serious" jewelry. The Queen is quite fond of her though so I''m always hoping she will be gifted with more. Sophie and Edward will become the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh upon the death of Prince Philip who was given that title upon his marriage to the Queen.

Here Sophie is wearing a diamond collar style necklace.

sophiediamondcollarnecklace.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie seems to favor aquamarines and other blue gemstones. Here she is in a pretty necklace of aquamarine beads.

Sophieaquabeadnecklace.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Sophie wearing aquamarine earrings and a diamond necklace. I think the bracelet is aquamarines as well but it''s hard to tell from this photo. This was an event for the Crown Prince of Norway''s wedding. You can see Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden in the background.

sophiemmwedding2.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, LadyA these are great pics of Sophie. I think she is lovely, had no idea she as expecting her second... I love this thread, you are doing a great job!!
36.gif
36.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here Sophie is wearing what looks like a sapphire pendant and earring set.

Sophiesapphirependantearrings.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Sophie in the same set. I think it is a sapphire but it could be an alexandrite.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops - here''s that picture....

sophiesapphirependantearrings2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Sophie in a riund diamond pendant and earrings set.

sophieroundpendant2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And last one in the same set.

I''m wishing Sophie well on the birth of her new baby. She had serious, life threatening complications with the birth of Lady Louise so I hope all goes well for her this time around!!

sophieroundpendant.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
LadyA, I for one, would like to know more about those Royal Orders..and any close ups on them. Dont some of them have gems on them as well? Thanks!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 10:40:11 PM
Author: surfgirl
LadyA, I for one, would like to know more about those Royal Orders..and any close ups on them. Dont some of them have gems on them as well? Thanks!

I''ll try to get something together on the Royal Orders. It will take me awhile to get all the research together though so be patient!

The most recent news is that the Duchess of Cornwall just recently appeared for the first time wearing one of the family orders. So her seniority in the Royal ranks just keeps on solidifying.

I''d be willing to bet any amount of money that, despite all of the assurances to the contrary that were issued at the time of their wedding, when the time comes Prince Charles will definitely make Camilla his Queen. The RF and Prince Charles in particular are obsessed with matters of precedence - there is no way he will let his wife rank lower than the wives of other sovereigns.

Anyone want to take my bet?

2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she would have the right to be queen, considering she would be married to the king! Even though I am sorry Diana was a causualty of the whole mess, I think it is very romantic that the ones with the true love finally ended up together! And I loved the history lesson, LadyAmy! I hope this thread never ends!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sophie is beautiful. I like her wedding tiara - and it looks like she likes it too! Does she still wear it as much since she has a couple of others now?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results