shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
even though this pic is black and white, it''s a good shot of diana''s sapphire ring, and she''s wearing a watch which appears to be a tear drop type shape? not sure.

gfjfsters.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a great photo of diana wearing her gold tank..at least it looks to me as if that''s the one she''s wearing...could be incorrect..but i''ll close up on it for us...

5158bbbbbb1128_10.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
close up...tank?

bfbbbb1128_10.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
darn, it came out pretty much the same size...oh well...;-) there i''ve had my fun for the nite, i''m off...jewelry to make.
jenna

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 10:07:26 PM
Author: Sithathoriunet
hey all!
here's an interesting article found online, cartier rings and royals!
A unique gold ring which the Duke of Windsor left to Wallis Simpson as a token of his undying love is to be sold at auction.

'The Duke had the triple hoop ring inscribed with the words 'Darling Wallis' and her birth date, '19.6'.

The ring was last sold as part of a Duchess jewellery collection auction at Sotheby's, which grossed $59 million in 1987.

Royal sale: A triple band gold ring given to Wallis Simpson by her lover the Duke of Windsor could fetch more than £5000 at auction

It was one of two triple hoop rings the Duke wore on his left little finger.

One of the rings was bought by the Daily Mail as a competition prize and won by grandmother Rose Russell from Clacton-on-Sea.

Ms Russell has since died and her family has decided to sell the gold ring in a Royal sale at Colchester auctioneers Reeman Dansie next Monday. It is expected to fetch more than £5,000.
I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but this man was just a bit too effeminate IMO. MEN do not wear Cartier rolling rings. They don't. I'm willing to bet it looked just as silly then. It certainly doesn't look 'manly' in the photo.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 1:34:00 PM
Author: HollyS
Date: 3/25/2009 10:07:26 PM

Author: Sithathoriunet

hey all!

here''s an interesting article found online, cartier rings and royals!

A unique gold ring which the Duke of Windsor left to Wallis Simpson as a token of his undying love is to be sold at auction.

''The Duke had the triple hoop ring inscribed with the words ''Darling Wallis'' and her birth date, ''19.6''.

The ring was last sold as part of a Duchess jewellery collection auction at Sotheby''s, which grossed $59 million in 1987.

Royal sale: A triple band gold ring given to Wallis Simpson by her lover the Duke of Windsor could fetch more than £5000 at auction

It was one of two triple hoop rings the Duke wore on his left little finger.

One of the rings was bought by the Daily Mail as a competition prize and won by grandmother Rose Russell from Clacton-on-Sea.

Ms Russell has since died and her family has decided to sell the gold ring in a Royal sale at Colchester auctioneers Reeman Dansie next Monday. It is expected to fetch more than £5,000.

I hope I don''t offend anyone by saying this, but this man was just a bit too effeminate IMO. MEN do not wear Cartier rolling rings. They don''t. I''m willing to bet it looked just as silly then. It certainly doesn''t look ''manly'' in the photo.

hi hollys,
really cartier rolling rings are for men as much as for women. here''s a picture of one for sale currently on ebay...a men''s cartier rolling ring in yellow, pink and white gold.

2c31_1.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and this one is sold as a unisex rolling ring. i mean really, if both men and women wear simple gold or silver bands, then what on earth would make anyone think that only women can wear more then one together? in new zealand the men wear two gold bands together as their wedding set. i''ll find a photo........

g-sr-cdbe-cfaw.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
alright, so, here''s cutie pie neil finn...of crowded house, from of course, new zealand. notice he is wearing two gold bands stacked as his wedding set....''hey now hey now, don''t dream it''s over''......:) not done yet everyone...

yb2807finn.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and here we have some traditional wedding bands both a men''s and a women''s version....

2003-weddingvowrings.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
typical wedding bands for either man or woman.............

R668&668V.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
so, why then....holly s.....can a men and a women both wear a single band, a double band, but not a triple roller? that makes me wonder. i find it no different weather men wear one, two, three or more bands together....the number of bands doesn''t make them girly, or weird or any of the above....i can''t see it.
i love rolling rings. and may the men enjoy them as much as i.
so, check out this link,
http://promiseringsovernight.com/results.cfm?cat_id=11
it''s a page of great rolling rings for men and women...i''ll attach one, a neat 6 band men''s rolling...:)

5726-105542-P.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
ooops, just noticed my spelling..lol...i mean a mAn and a womAn of course....;-)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Sorry. I''m not liking the ''stacking'' of bands for men, either. Far too metrosexual for my tastes. But apparently, not for theirs!
2.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I do really like the bands with the vows inscribed inside. I''ve never seen that, but it is quite nice.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 4:15:18 PM
Sorry. I''m not liking the ''stacking'' of bands for men, either. Far too metrosexual for my tastes. But apparently, not for theirs!
2.gif
well, you may not like it, but i''d hardly call every man who has a taste for stacking rings in a traditional manner "gay"...i mean, i''ve known neil for years and i take offense to anyone calling him that. stacking wedding bands is a tradition there because a woman wears an engagement ring, so, the man wears his first band to signify he is engaged, and i say good! men should absilutely show when they are engaged as well.
mine wore a large celtic band engraved with the celtic knot and cross...
when by the way, did men wearing any such ring or band become an indicator of someone being gay??????????????????

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
while we''re on the subject real quick, men, royal as well as others, also wear really cool puzzle rings, also not just for the ladies...and why should men be forced into only wearing solid uninteresting single bands???? here are some cool puzzle rings...men''s puzzle rings...

4dl_cut.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
tri gold men''s puzzle ring..

6nx_cut.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
men''s titanium puzzle ring

41WEhQEg6hL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
another men''s puzzle ring

moonstone_2044_1098908.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
the classic men''s puzzle ring, popular since the 60''s or earlier?

puzzle_ring_4.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
a really neat one.....

R-PuzzleRingChamPers-tn.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and i kind of greek type puzzle ring for men as well...i like to see men have a choice in rings, i think they as we ladies deserve to have a great selection, and i get board seeing only the plain single gold band....

TR-19-Mens-Titanium-Ring-300.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Metrosexual is not the same as ''gay''.

This is merely a personal opinion; it isn''t a slam against anyone you may or may not know. I simply don''t care for the ''look''. Whether it is traditional or ''of the moment'' in Europe, the U.K., or elsewhere, is really not the point. I''m perfectly willing that everyone should wear what he or she wants. Even if it doesn''t float my own boat.

As for the former King of England, he had quite a few problems; not the least of which was his much talked about suspect sexuality, in an age that didn''t acknowledge such ''activity''. I''ve always considered him rather effeminate. I don''t see any reason to take that comment personally. It''s merely an opinion -- based upon many biographies, etc. -- but still, just an opinion.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 11:35:09 PM
Metrosexual is not the same as ''gay''.

This is merely a personal opinion; it isn''t a slam against anyone you may or may not know. I simply don''t care for the ''look''. Whether it is traditional or ''of the moment'' in Europe, the U.K., or elsewhere, is really not the point. I''m perfectly willing that everyone should wear what he or she wants. Even if it doesn''t float my own boat.

As for the former King of England, he had quite a few problems; not the least of which was his much talked about suspect sexuality, in an age that didn''t acknowledge such ''activity''. I''ve always considered him rather effeminate. I don''t see any reason to take that comment personally. It''s merely an opinion -- based upon many biographies, etc. -- but still, just an opinion.
that is correct, the definition of metrosexual is "Metrosexual is a neologism of the 2000s generally applied to heterosexual men with a strong concern for their appearance, and/or whose lifestyles display attributes stereotypically attributed to gay men."
ie, the reason i used the term.
and i was not defending the king, if you saw what i had written, i said i take offense to anyone dissing neil. he was the example i used to show a traditional ring stacking from NZ, not the king. and that was the photo you had mentioned looked metrosexual for some reason.
please do not dis people, you have no idea who knows whom, nor whom it may offend. and who may be watching. i thankyou you for please keeping an opinion such as men being stereotyped "gay like" metrosexual just for wearing something like a ring, should kindly be kept personal.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 1:52:00 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Metrosexual is not the same as ''gay''.. and.. rolling rings are worn by both men and women. We have good friends who were married with matching rolling rings. Not for everyone, but they didnt look bad on them both..

Let''s stick to Royal Jewels for this thread :)

Here''s Queen Sylvia of Sweden on her 60th bday in 2003 wearing some magnificent pieces..
the definition is above...
and as for keeping royal jewels up here, i agree, we have had examples before on this thread where examples of other than royal jewels were used to show such things as where a certain royal style came from, and rolling rings are no exception, they came from the idea of puzzle rings which have been around for centuries, and so, as part of an example, they have a place here as well.
all of the photos of the stacked rings, puzzle rings and rolling rings are totally related and show how the cartier rolling ring came to be, and thus, the rings the royals wear, and where they came from.
just as the historical royal jewels, and i mean from any ear before our own, all came from some where, so to, did the rolling rings.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is a hand made rolling ring, called a puzzle ring. very unique looking...

puzzle5.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
now, if you thought that just a simple rolling ring appeared to be feminine...then this may be someone you wish not to see...have a look at this king''s rings and jewels, beautiful pieces! from a royal age of the highest splendor in jewelry!
RICHARD III, KING OF ENGLAND

BORN: OCTOBER 1452
DIED: 22 AUGUST 1485
Yorkist King defeated at the Battle of Bosworth Field by Henry VII''s forces. Younger brother of Edward IV. Married Anne Neville, daughter of the Earl of Warwick ("The Kingmaker"). Richard became king after Edward''s sons were declared illegitimate.

90095-004-F1F650CE.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and how about king henry the 8th? too "metro"? yes, i am being silly here, just to prove my point.
ok, i''ll stop now.
but henry looks smashing, doesn''t he?;-)

henry8main.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results