carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 7:03:38 AM
Author: AdiS
I found this photo of Her Majesty Margarita, Tsaritsa of the Bulgarians. She seems to be loaded with quite a serious amount of bling here! I played with the pic a little in order to make the jewelry easier to see. Unfortunately the earrings are hidden in her hair and her pin is a bit blurry. I love the necklace though – diamonds and sapphire as far as I can see and so is the bracelet on her hand (the one on top) – maybe a set? The watch is not something I’d wear, tbh. She’s also wearing a simple golden wedding band.

As I can recall the occasion was someone fomous /?Spanish aristocrat?/'s wedding and what didn't make a good impression were her black clothes and red nails.

A have a larger copy of that pic and I cut the part showing HM's earrings and the lovely necklace.

The royal family has some pretty nice "royal jewels", but neither the Tsaritsa or the princesses wear the often.

marg_wedd.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/11/2009 5:46:27 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav

Actualy there isn''t a Tsaritsa because Bulgaria isn''t a monarchy any more, but as wife of the last Tsar Dona Margarita is de jure Tsaritsa of Bulgaria. I''ve posted some pics of her and the rest of the Royal Family a few pages ago.
However when I met her she made me a good impression. BTW we used to chat and what made me the best impression was that she is fluent in bulgarian.

Obviously since Dona Margarita''s being fluent in Bulgarian impressed you, she is not Bulgarian by birth. What nationality is she by birth? What is her native language? Is Bulgarian your native language? Were you conversing in Bulgarian? I am fascinated :).

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/11/2009 5:57:47 PM

Date:
1/8/2009 7:03:38 AM

I love the necklace though – diamonds and sapphire as far as I can see

A have a larger copy of that pic and I cut the part showing HM''s earrings and the lovely necklace.

It looks as if she is wearing a daisy, or "marguerite" or "margarita", pendant on a chain. I wonder if that is a special necklace made for her because of her name. Does anyone know?

Deborah
34.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 6:08:50 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
1/11/2009 5:46:27 PM

Actualy there isn't a Tsaritsa because Bulgaria isn't a monarchy any more, but as wife of the last Tsar Dona Margarita is de jure Tsaritsa of Bulgaria. I've posted some pics of her and the rest of the Royal Family a few pages ago.

However when I met her she made me a good impression. BTW we used to chat and what made me the best impression was that she is fluent in bulgarian.

Obviously since Dona Margarita's being fluent in Bulgarian impressed you, she is not Bulgarian by birth. What nationality is she by birth? What is her native language? Is Bulgarian your native language? Were you conversing in Bulgarian? I am fascinated :).

Deborah

34.gif

Hi Deborah,
Yes my native language is bulgarian and I live in Bg as well.
Her Majesty's father was son of the 3rd Marquesses of Cortina so she is a native Spanish woman. Her family is close to the Spanish RF. Even before Prince Felipe's marriage to Letisa, people thought that princess Kalina will marry him and some day become Queen of Spain!
After the end of the monarchy the Bg RF lived in Egypt and later in Spain for more than 50 years.
The roayal couple met in the USA(?) and married 3 times - in Switzerland(Lausanne and Vevey) and in Madridë

For more information check this article

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I know that this has nothing to do with Royal Jewels but here''s a picure of the compete royal family taken at Simeon II''s 70th birthday.

simeon-1a.jpg

slomega1

Rough_Rock
Hi - am new to the forum and amazed by the eye-candy. I would like to read about the background of the Braganza Tiara in the collection of the swedish royal family.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...here is a picture of Queen Silvia of Sweden wearing the tiara. I can do some research on it if somebody else does not. I think that Lady Amythyst may already have done some, however! (And I bet Jenna is nearby!)

(I don't know why that picture came out so small!)

Deborah
34.gif

BraganzaTiara.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is an attempt to post a larger picture of the tiara.

QueenSilvia1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small....

Braganza1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another pocture of Queen Silvia''s tiara. It looks nice but is too big for my style. I like the swedish fringe and amethyst tiaras. Unfortunately I couldn''t find any information about the peace. I think that The Braganza tiara was first worn by The Queen in 1976 for an official portrait.
From that picture I like the most her necklace.

QueenLge.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I found a better version of the pic posted by Deborah.

nbjkln125.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 6:19:27 PM

Well...here is a picture of Queen Silvia of Sweden wearing the tiara. I can do some research on it if somebody else does not. I think that Lady Amythyst may already have done some, however! (And I bet Jenna is nearby!)

(I don''t know why that picture came out so small!)

Deborah

34.gif
hi everyone! i am near by, but i haven''t seen any info on that piece yet..however i found a really neat one,
The Czech nation''s most precious treasure — medieval crown jewels — will soon be put on display for the first time in five years.

President Vaclav Klaus decided to show the priceless treasures at Prague Castle with no admission charge on April 19-29 to mark the 90th anniversary of the establishment of the independent Czechoslovak state.

The centerpiece is the St. Wenceslas crown from the middle of the 14th century. It is accompanied by the royal scepter and orb, both dating to the 16th century. The lot also includes the coronation cross, vestments and a sword.

Seven key holders, including Klaus, gathered Thursday to open the chamber inside Prague''s St. Vitus'' cathedral where the jewels have been kept since 1791.

img_klenoty_koruna.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
ok, i found many many tiars to post..i''ll be back later tonight if i get a chance...
j

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenna!!!

That piece you posted came from one of my childhood fantasies! One of the ones that made me hang around Pricescope as an adult! Which piece is that one? Did you see it in person? It may be the single, most beautiful piece of jewelry I have ever seen!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/21/2009 2:06:38 PM

I found a better version of the pic posted by Deborah.

Thank you for your two lovely photos, prince!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thing before we go on to further research on the Braganza tiara!

Let''s remember that the Braganza tiara was discussed on page 44 of this thread already (where it was pictured).

Discussion on Page 44 of This Thread

Let''s not forget what we''ve already said about the tiara!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I came upon the following on the Internet. As we all know, not everything one finds on the Internet is true :).

Deborah
34.gif

Braganca Diamond Tiara
"A large diamond tiara set in silver and mounted in gold,
its design seems to precede the neo-classical style of
the first French empire with the cut of the diamonds
and the cumbersome overall look that was surely designed
to impress rather than be comfortable to wear. The tiara
had belonged to the Empress Amalie of Brazil, whose sole-
surviving sister was Queen Josephine of Sweden. After her
death, it was inherited by Queen Josephine and thus
brought into the possession of the Swedish royal family."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another tidbit from the 'net:

"The Braganca tiara was already made in the end of the 18th century. It was altered by Empress Amélie and first arrived in Stockholm after
Amelie's death in 1873 in its altered, current version - that's how Göran Alm tells it. So even if Josefina would have borrowed it at one point, it would have been in today's version, and it's quite improbable that she would have worn a tiara on loan when sitting for an official portrait. So in the end, no - I do not believe that the tiara in the painting is the Braganca."

The Empress Amélie (or Amalie) of Brazil, who left the Braganca (or Braganza) Tiara to her sister, Her Majesty Queen Josefina of Sweden and Norway (wife of King Oscar I), was born a Princess of Leuchtenberg. Princesses Amélie and Joséphine were born Duchesses of Leuchtenberg, daughters of Eugene de Beauharnais, Duke of Leuchtenberg (among other things) and Princess Augusta of Bavaria. It was their being sisters that caused a tiara from Brazil to make its way to Sweden!

Deborah
34.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 6:23:42 PM

Jenna!!!

That piece you posted came from one of my childhood fantasies! One of the ones that made me hang around Pricescope as an adult! Which piece is that one? Did you see it in person? It may be the single, most beautiful piece of jewelry I have ever seen!

Deborah

34.gif

hi!
yes, it is very interesting as a crown! it''s The St. Wenceslas crown from the middle of the 14th century.
now, have i got some goodies!!!!!!! i found these little beauties and they are both rings from the same family as our lady amethyst''s avatar! have a peek! one is A gem set ‘twinned hearts’ ring,

one heart set with a diamond, the other with a ruby, each bordered with diamonds,
the whole surmounted with a diamond-set bow, each shoulder of the gold shank
engraved with two heart motifs.

The ring not only symbolises the union of two hearts but a relationship that is ‘forever
passionate’; the ruby emblematic of passion, the diamond of eternity..

English, circa 1880

1.4 cm diameter of hearts motif
the other is An antique diamond heart ring,

centred by a pear shaped old brilliant cut diamond within a a heart shaped border of sixteen old brilliant
cut diamonds, with the reeded and openwork yellow gold shank, the bell flower shoulders each mounted
with two diamonds, with partial closed back settings.

English, nineteenth century.

1.4 cm across at widest.

Finger size L 1/2

theroyalringsset.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I need help!
Last night after searching in google I found this picture of Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh at Odeon. Obviously HM is wearing the Vladimir tiara with the pearl drops, but I can''t identify her necklace and earrings.
Please help.

october271953filmpremiere5uk.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Do you think that she is wearing the sapphire suit that her father gave her? It has a detachable pendant so maybe?. Your opinion? Any info about the bracelet?

PS: Jenna, the jewels you''re posting are great! The stones from the Czech crown are really impressive.

b68578gnggj.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/24/2009 9:34:56 PM

Do you think that she is wearing the sapphire suit that her father gave her?

Yes, she is. That is the King George VI Victorian Suite. See page 46 of this thread to read more about it.

Link To Page 46 Of This Thread

Deborah
34.gif

slomega1

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the information on the Braganza Tiara - sorry that I picked up a thread from so far back in the discussion

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my have i been busy! i found this great web page with loads and loads of great tiaras and info on them all...looks like great pics too...i wanted to get them all and post it all here, but i haven;t got the loads of time right now to do it for you all, so everyone who is interested with have to go here
http://www.webshots.com/search?query=Diamond+tiara
and have a peek for themselves...i''d love to get them all up here eventually, but it''ll take a load of time!
oh, and here is one more site you should all enjoy, tiara''s galore!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.royalexhibitions.co.uk/Queens-Jewels/queens-tiaras.html
enjoy though, jenna

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 4:20:37 AM
Hi LadyMaria! Unfortunately I couldn’t find any information on Maria Louise’s necklace and earrings, but I think it is a parure indeed.

As for Princess Kalina, she is the fifth child and only daughter of Simeon. She is an unconventional Royalty, often startling the society with her eccentric fashion choices in the past (at one point she even shaved her head because she lost a bet). In 2002 Kalina married Antonio ''Kitin'' Munoz Valcarcel, a noted Spanish humanitarian. Princess Kalina gave birth to their first child on March 14, 2007 at Lozenets Hospital in Sofia. The baby''s name, Simeon Hassan, is in honor of his grandfather Simeon II of Bulgaria and the late Hassan II of Morocco (because of the friendship between the two royal families).

Here she is in the past (left) looking rather… ahem… unconventional, with her husband Antonio ''Kitín'' (top right) and with their son Simeon Hassan (bottom right).

This is very much off topic, but WHAT''S WRONG WITH HER NOSE?!?!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 7:28:28 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 7/24/2008 4:20:37 AM
Hi LadyMaria! Unfortunately I couldn’t find any information on Maria Louise’s necklace and earrings, but I think it is a parure indeed.

As for Princess Kalina, she is the fifth child and only daughter of Simeon. She is an unconventional Royalty, often startling the society with her eccentric fashion choices in the past (at one point she even shaved her head because she lost a bet). In 2002 Kalina married Antonio ''Kitin'' Munoz Valcarcel, a noted Spanish humanitarian. Princess Kalina gave birth to their first child on March 14, 2007 at Lozenets Hospital in Sofia. The baby''s name, Simeon Hassan, is in honor of his grandfather Simeon II of Bulgaria and the late Hassan II of Morocco (because of the friendship between the two royal families).

Here she is in the past (left) looking rather… ahem… unconventional, with her husband Antonio ''Kitín'' (top right) and with their son Simeon Hassan (bottom right).

This is very much off topic, but WHAT''S WRONG WITH HER NOSE?!?!
lol, The Michael Jackson Syndrome, I guess. She had a few unsuccessful (obviously
40.gif
) plastic surgeries. I hope she''s done now while she still has a nose left.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!
Does anyone have a photo of Queen Mary wearing her diamond stomacher (the one from the present Queen''s collection)?

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Long time watcher, first time poster
1.gif

Several threads back, someone mentioned that Sophie, Countess of Wessex, was sporting a new tiara with a fabulous emerald centerpiece. On here, they suggest that the tiara may be one of Queen Mary''s old tiaras. That would be rather fantastic, because it would indicate that a.) the Queen has been rummaging in the vaults, and b.) that Sophie''s finally starting to get some more jewelry.

For those of you who are into the history and the sparkle of the Swedish royal family, this website is fantastic. Yes, it''s in Swedish, but it''s pretty self-explanatory and has pictures that will easily dazzle the senses
18.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
There were so many rumors about Edward's private life. I am glad that he put them all to rest when he got married.

I have a question for the forum. Why does Camilla wear so many pieces that Diana never wore? Just what is the meaning behind that?

Is that because older royal women always wear bigger pieces? Is it because Diana did not want to wear the pieces Camilla wears? Is it because the Queen did not allow Diana to wear certain pieces?

I have thought about this quite a lot and have thought of no satisfactory answer.

Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results