shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Deborah you are correct that is not Mike Tindall this is (not very attractive IMO)

mtzp.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 9:26:35 PM
Author: Sithathoriunet
and again...i know, it's a lot of diana...forgive me..i just adored her..
I did too. It's a shame that after having two males heirs and becoming beloved by the world (today we would say that she "improved their brand" because we're obsessed with the concept of branding it seems to me) she would be said not to have done even an adequate job of her role by some. It's appalling. Anyway, thanks for your posts!

PS. I also liked your posts on Egyptian jewelry and the way you expanded this thread into that area. Thanks again!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tall man with Zara Phillips is one of Peter Phillips'' two best men, or supporters, Ben Goss with whom he was in school at Gordonstoun. Her brother''s long friendship with Mr. Goss could explain why Zara Phillips would feel a degree of intimacy with him! I saw a photograph of Mr. Goss on the Gordonstoun website which was enough to assure me that it was he in the photograph, but I have also discovered a key (with which I confirmed my identification) if anyone else on Pricescope wants to use it to identify anyone else in the photo!

Deborah
34.gif

PeterPhillipsWedding.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 2:58:03 AM
Author: Imdanny
Date: 11/27/2008 9:26:35 PM

and again...i know, it''s a lot of diana...forgive me..i just adored her..

I did too. It''s a shame that after having two males heirs and becoming beloved by the world (today we would say that she ''improved their brand'' because we''re obsessed with the concept of branding it seems to me) she would be said not to have done even an adequate job of her role by some. It''s appalling. Anyway, thanks for your posts!

PS. I also liked your posts on Egyptian jewelry and the way you expanded this thread into that area. Thanks again!
thankyou so much! i really appreciate people letting me know what they think of jewels and questions i post! so, thankyou! i''m glad you liked the egyptian jewels..:)

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 11:42:00 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 11/27/2008 9:24:51 PM

also, one of the rings seems to have the sapphire set a bit higher in the setting then the other...???????????????? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe she had the ring remade with extra prongs later for security? The earlier photos definitely have four prongs.
hi!
yes, i''m glad i wasn''t going mad there..thinking i saw two different rings...:)what a story that would have been if it had been caught and publisized during her marriage or after...it would have emphasized the royal family''s position about how they didn''t like that she picked one right out of a catalogue!
jenna:)

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hello all!
i have been interested lately in royal cross jewelry...just caught my eye..this picture is our amazing diana wearing a HUGE cross lent to her from garrard''s..absolutely beautiful!

dim080829agarrardcross.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
ok, i have another question..i noticed that diana wore this choker quite a bit, she was famous for her pearls! and well, i see another princess as well with one on that looks strikingly similar...question is, who''s style was it ? i think diana''s ..but was she the first to wear this necklace????
jenna

thecomparrissonper.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/29/2008 5:03:35 PM

ok, i have another question..i noticed that diana wore this choker quite a bit, she was famous for her pearls! and well, i see another princess as well with one on that looks strikingly similar...question is, who''s style was it ? i think diana''s ..but was she the first to wear this necklace????

Jenna, That looks like Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (when she was younger). Is it? I have no idea who wore that style of choker first, or if it has been worn by many royals for centuries. We have some experts here who can probably look up the history of the choker for you, however! Good find among photographs :).

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This picture of the Crown Princess Victoria and her sister the Princess Madeleine of Sweden was posted in 2006. Obviously that is after the death of Diana, Princess of Wales. The Princess Madeleine is wearing a choker that appears to be made out of pearls. Whether it is the same one that her sister wore on another occasion, and is an heirloom, I have no idea. Maybe it is just a necklace in a similar style.

Deborah
34.gif

CrownPrincessVictoriaPrincessM.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another picture of the Princess Madeleine of Sweden wearing a choker.

Deborah
34.gif

PrincessMadeleine.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi, everyone!

Date: 11/29/2008 5:03:35 PM
ok, i have another question..i noticed that diana wore this choker quite a bit, she was famous for her pearls! and well, i see another princess as well with one on that looks strikingly similar...question is, who's style was it ? i think diana's ..but was she the first to wear this necklace????

jenna

Well yes parls as well as sapphires were Princess Diana's favourite gems .
Pearl chokers are a kind of trademark for the Spencers. All the Spencer grirls had chokers, their mother an maternal grangmoter har onese too. Lady Di often wore chokers. BTW for her honey moon she borrowed her sister Sarah's 5 strand pearl choker(lady Sarah wore it during the wedding).
Here's Lady Srah's one:

0000181351-020.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Now about the ring. It's so amazing that after os man pics of Diana no one ever saw the diferance :D
Well in the second ring the sapphire sooks higher, but I've never thought that it's been another setting. To see the prongs you need a more detailed photo and there aren't many. Do you have any idea why was it changed? I guess that the sapphire and the diamonds were wsed for the new one. What's your opinion?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Again about the chokers: HM Elisabeth II has one too and she loned it to Diana once (I think).
Her''s it

20ge.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 4:59:10 PM
hello all!

i have been interested lately in royal cross jewelry...just caught my eye..this picture is our amazing diana wearing a HUGE cross lent to her from garrard''s..absolutely beautiful!

I haven''t seen many ''Royal crosses'' but they are all vary beautiful.
The one from yaur post Jenna, was a loan from Gerrard''s for a charity event.
My favourite one is frao the collection of Queen Silvia of Sweden. she wore it at the 2007 Noble Prize Gala.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Not nly the cross and the riviera necklace but all the jewels are great. Love them all!!!

NobelFoundationPrize2007GalaDinner.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 8:10:23 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Now about the ring. It''s so amazing that after os man pics of Diana no one ever saw the diferance :D

Well in the second ring the sapphire sooks higher, but I''ve never thought that it''s been another setting. To see the prongs you need a more detailed photo and there aren''t many. Do you have any idea why was it changed? I guess that the sapphire and the diamonds were wsed for the new one. What''s your opinion?
hi back!
yes, the fact that no one ever noticed...or said anything..maybe they noticed like me but thought they must be mistaken so never said...it made me think alot about it before saying anything..i thought i might be totally insane! lol...i believe they changed it because of that contrversy with the queen not liking that she picked one straight out of the christmas catalogue..and that everyone therefore would know how much was paid for it and everything about it really. so, that is why i think they went and had it remade..
although i am scepticle that they used the same stones..after all, although that would be standard practice in the royal family...it''s not like they couldn''t afford to just buy a new ring altogether and let diana keep her other ring...maybe it is still there somewhere..
food for thought eh?

disringchanged.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 7:15:47 PM
Author: AGBF

This picture of the Crown Princess Victoria and her sister the Princess Madeleine of Sweden was posted in 2006. Obviously that is after the death of Diana, Princess of Wales. The Princess Madeleine is wearing a choker that appears to be made out of pearls. Whether it is the same one that her sister wore on another occasion, and is an heirloom, I have no idea. Maybe it is just a necklace in a similar style.

Deborah

34.gif
yes, now that i have seen these pictures of pearl chokers like diana''s on princess victoria, i do believe diana did it first, and that this princess liked the style, so copied it for herself. the style is just so diana i can''t really get totally comfotable with it on other royals..lol..but perhaps is she changed it a bit..but it looks to be just exactly a copy of diana''s..but we all know that copying is a form of flattery..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did read from a couple of sources that the Princess of Wales was concerned about her ring scratching Prince William when he was a baby, so maybe that was the reason she had the sapphire adjusted.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 9:09:31 AM
Author: Lorelei
I did read from a couple of sources that the Princess of Wales was concerned about her ring scratching Prince William when he was a baby, so maybe that was the reason she had the sapphire adjusted.
yes, perhaps! but in the pictures i have of diana with the young prince, she was wearing a sapphire cabochon ring..and it was said that she wore that ring to be sure not to scratch him..so, i think that ring was for that reason..i''m pretty sure she wore that cabochon ring while her famous ring was being changed...i think maybe the whole scratch thing was a story made up to keep people from noticing that her famous ring was ''missing'' while it was being remade...i mean it''s not like they were ever going to say anything right?:)
then i never saw her wear the cabochon ring again in place of her famous ring..even with the birth of her second..harry...so, if she had been a bit worried about scratching william, should she not have also been worried about the same thing the second time around? but no, she wore her famous ring all the time with harry....which begs to argue that the actual reason for her wearing that cabochon ring was in fact to keep us all from noticing the other ring was missing in action, until it could be replaced and nothing said...
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what scandal!
lol jenna

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here i have found some antique royal jewels that are very very interesting..this one is called an
''Emotional memorial georgian hair ring (ca.1792)''
and as it states, it contains actual hair from a deceased person...

06348-3223.P00.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Royal heraldic chatelaine with clip (ca.1860)

05047-4013.P00.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Bishops cross with coat of arms of pope pius ix (ca.1877)

07302-0848.P00.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Late victorian mythological gallia locket signed vernon (ca.1880)

08171-4167.P00.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond estate golden ''i love you'' pendant (ca.1950)

07288-4008.P00.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Victorian locket with name louis in rose cuts (ca.1870)

99194-0324.P00.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Stylish golden victorian empire-style brooch with pendant (ca.1859)

08317-4189.P00.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
18th century gold filigree crucifixion pendant (ca.1794)

03097-3386.P00.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing gold filigree victorian bracelet from the austro-hungarian empire (ca.1870)

08328-4189.P00.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Vintage golden love pendant ''i love you'' (ca.1950)

07288-4100.P00.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results