Royal Jewels

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Fun thread!
FM

sapphiredream

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have any idea how to watch The Coronation from the US?
One of my major frustrations here..that I can't get BBC programmes. :(

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't get it either. It is on the smithsonian channel, but I don't get that one.

sapphiredream

Shiny_Rock
I can't get it either. It is on the smithsonian channel, but I don't get that one.

Ugh! I had been bracing myself for some serious ogling.

I swear that "MAG(Britain)A" thing would be worth it just for getting the BBC ! :mrgreen2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You can see bits and pieces of it from YouTube. I wouldn't bother. I am sure that there will be a DVD available soon.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I've felt the similar frustration with The Crown. I live in a rural area and Netflix doesn't work on my lousy, snail-paced internet service. I just purchased the first season of The Crown on DVD and am loving it! My rule is I can only watch it while on the treadmill wearing one of my tiaras...it's good motivation!:lol:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've felt the similar frustration with The Crown. I live in a rural area and Netflix doesn't work on my lousy, snail-paced internet service. I just purchased the first season of The Crown on DVD and am loving it! My rule is I can only watch it while on the treadmill wearing one of my tiaras...it's good motivation!:lol:

I want a tiara so bad!!! Lol

sapphiredream

Shiny_Rock
:lol-2:

LadyMaria and whitewave,

You must watch the Big Bang Theory where Amy gets a tiara.
Hilarious! :lol-2:

My friend and Maid of Honor strongly advised me, well over a decade ago, to wear a tiara on my wedding day because, said she:
"This is the only time in your life when you can wear one and not look ridiculous".

She was so right and never regretted it one bit. :)
Ten years later Kate Middleton had the audacity to steal my wedding look - tiara, dress and all. :))

But then she gets to wear one quite often just because she has a title. :snooty:
And I was left with the prospect of looking ridiculous if I ever dare again! :angryfire:

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol-2:

LadyMaria and whitewave,

You must watch the Big Bang Theory where Amy gets a tiara.
Hilarious! :lol-2:

My friend and Maid of Honor strongly advised me, well over a decade ago, to wear a tiara on my wedding day because, said she:
"This is the only time in your life when you can wear one and not look ridiculous".

She was so right and never regretted it one bit. :)
Ten years later Kate Middleton had the audacity to steal my wedding look - tiara, dress and all. :))

But then she gets to wear one quite often just because she has a title. :snooty:
And I was left with the prospect of looking ridiculous if I ever dare again! :angryfire:

I did see that one!!! I didn't wear a tiara on my wedding day. Lol. I am looking for a place to buy a nice one. We do have Mardi Gras balls here-- lol... might be able to pull one off. :dance:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a tiara. I'm at a time in my life when I will wear it around the house, with all my favorite pieces. If the housewives of the 50s did the housework in their pearls and heels, why shouldn't I do my thing in a tiara and...let's see...my erring...my bezeled diamond pendant...dangle earrings of the day and my favorite garnet bracelet? (with jeans or yoga pants :) )

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the Big Bang episode where Amy gets the tiara is adorable. She ended up wearing it at Howard and Bernadette's wedding. I did not wear a tiara at my wedding...it was a little harder to track one down back then when there was no internet and no giant craft stores with wedding sections. You made the right choice, sapphiredream. My mother-in-law helped me make a flower tiara that got the job done, but I still wish I had been able to wear a tiara.

KaeKae, by all means go buy yourself a tiara! For you and whitewave you might check out tiaratown.com. Very nice selection. I have my eye on a couple on their site. Most of mine have come from Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and another smaller local craft store near me.

I have, however, made up for lost time in buying tiaras. Yes, I wear them around the house. I've even been known to wear them to school. Flashback Day means I'll dress as the 80's....the 1880's with a Victorian ball gown and tiara.

If you want to go down a rabbit hole, go back to page 178 of this thread. I put my tiara stories there! :D

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I had to dash off to a department meeting after my last post and intended to post this as soon as I got to lunch...you beat me to it Cabochon!:lol::lol::lol:

I like this ering. It's new, but is made to look antique. The stone color is very unique.

I did not intend to make that rhyme.

Any speculation as to what tiara she will wear?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the Big Bang episode where Amy gets the tiara is adorable. She ended up wearing it at Howard and Bernadette's wedding. I did not wear a tiara at my wedding...it was a little harder to track one down back then when there was no internet and no giant craft stores with wedding sections. You made the right choice, sapphiredream. My mother-in-law helped me make a flower tiara that got the job done, but I still wish I had been able to wear a tiara.

KaeKae, by all means go buy yourself a tiara! For you and whitewave you might check out tiaratown.com. Very nice selection. I have my eye on a couple on their site. Most of mine have come from Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and another smaller local craft store near me.

I have, however, made up for lost time in buying tiaras. Yes, I wear them around the house. I've even been known to wear them to school. Flashback Day means I'll dress as the 80's....the 1880's with a Victorian ball gown and tiara.

If you want to go down a rabbit hole, go back to page 178 of this thread. I put my tiara stories there! :D

Ooooh, tiara town!!! I will check it out.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like Princess Eugenie’s engagement ring. She looks so happy!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my goodness, LadyMaria! Tiara Town is so much fun!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have tried to make LadyMaria mainstream in Hangout. I have posted some of her tiara tales there. She seems to resist making the big move from this thread over to that forum, though. Sometimes I forget that some of you whom I know from hangout don't know her tiara history. She and I have been slogging around in this thread together forever. She is a star here, as is Bobby. ;))

Something else it might be worth knowing: this thread is reserved for the posting of jewelry that belong to royalty. Since there are some beautiful tiaras that belong to people other than members of royal families, there is a separate thread for the tiaras of non-royals...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiaras.153398/page-13

AGBF

Last edited:

sapphiredream

Shiny_Rock
6D28C667-E90E-4F1D-AD3E-3F1221A9D302.jpeg Princess Eugenie of York is now engaged to marry her longtime partner. And this is her padparadscha sapphire engagement ring

Waow! The traditionalist in me loves, loves, LOVES this ring and the way it looks on her, especially the color! Yey, Eugenie!

Not sure it's just the ring...I think I also like her due to her not being Miss Perfect or Miss Popularity Wannabe. "No social climbing needed" always results in something refreshing, in and of itself.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like her Eugenie's ring, a lot! I haven't logged onto PS in a long time, but had to come and see if there was any news about this ring.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
Eugenie' ring is my most fav of all current British royal brides Love pad sapphire and the setting is beautiful as well

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Truth be told AGBF, I just have this thread bookmarked and don't make it over to any other parts of Pricescope...I'm not intentionally resisting anything:lol:!!! Plus, as things get crazy sometimes I don't check Pricescope for a while. Tell me where to go and I can post stories somewhere else too!!

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
I had to dash off to a department meeting after my last post and intended to post this as soon as I got to lunch...you beat me to it Cabochon!:lol::lol::lol:

I like this ering. It's new, but is made to look antique. The stone color is very unique.

I did not intend to make that rhyme.

Any speculation as to what tiara she will wear?

I really hope I am not in your bad books because of the speed of my post.

My vote for her wedding tiara goes to 5BB42832-881C-4EAE-BC29-1ABDDD3558D1.jpeg
The “York diamond tiara” that her mother got for her wedding to prince Andrew

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I predict she will wear the York Tiara. It is so pretty.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was funny Cabochon! No worries!

I certainly hope the York tiara gets the limelight for Eugenie's wedding. I really can't think think of any other tiara that deserves it!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like her Eugenie's ring, a lot! I haven't logged onto PS in a long time, but had to come and see if there was any news about this ring.

It's good to see you here, pregcurious. You used to be a regular, and quite an expert, on Colored Stones. I do not frequent that forum much myself nowadays, so I didn't know you were not posting there, but I am sorry you are not. It is a loss to the forum!

Deb :wavey:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Way back in this thread there was a discussion on a special type of royal jewels, the various Orders that monarchies bestow. They often come with jeweled collars and badges. Don't ask me what page it is on though...

Along these lines, there was a presentation of one of these orders recently. Leonore, Princess of Austurias, received the Order of the Golden Fleece from her father, King Felipe. I thought this was a very sweet ceremony!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5329709/Princess-Leonor-receives-Order-Golden-Fleece.html

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am reading up on King Ludwig II of Bavaria. He is a favorite of mine and I found this great photo of him that shows off his flare (hence his name the Swan King.) It looks like his hat has pearls on it and a large brooch. So lovely.

This is Empress Sisi of Austria's Cousin and some thought they were an item. It reality the King was gay. Plus both had phobias of being touched so that was never going to happen for several reasons.
ludwig-bavaria.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results