shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You beat me to it, LadyMaria! I saw this video on youtube and after watching it, decided to go look for some still shots of the principals who had been described in it! At least I can share the video with all of you. There are a lot of mispronunciations in it. Clearly, it is not made by a native English speaker. However, it is quite informative. I still would like to look for a better photograph of Her Majesty in her jewels!

Video...

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These photos are from the dinner for the Spanish Royals. At left is The Duchess of Cambridge. At right is Queen Letizia and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. I had thought that Queen Elizabeth's jewelry was going to come out more clearly, which is why I posted this.

DinnerForSpanishRoyals.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is probably at least one other good photo of the Brazilian Aquamarine Tiara in this thread, but I thought I would post one right here rather than make people search through the thread looking for them! This set of photos was archived.

AGBF

BrazilianAquamarineTiara.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Those aquamarines are incredible! I have a hard time with the tiara though...the gaps between the elements really bother me. If you were to take the pendant off the necklace and mount the rest on a frame, I think it would make a better tiara. It was interesting that aquamarines were a theme that night. The Countess of Wessex wore her aquamarine tiara/necklace convertible and the Princess Royal wore the aquamarine pinecone tiara.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
You beat me to it, LadyMaria! I saw this video on youtube and after watching it, decided to go look for some still shots of the principals who had been described in it! At least I can share the video with all of you. There are a lot of mispronunciations in it. Clearly, it is not made by a native English speaker. However, it is quite informative. I still would like to look for a better photograph of Her Majesty in her jewels!

My knees hurt looking at that curtsey and I'm twenty years younger!!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
A second tiara banquet for the UK-Spain State visit! Anne, Princess Royal is wearing her Festoon tiara and Queen Letizia is wearing the Floral.
letianneguildhall.jpg

I'm not sure I'm a fan of Queen Letitia's pairing of this tiara with these earrings. The earring design is a little harsh for the soft floral tiara. Maybe the Prussian tiara would have worked better? letiprussian.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My knees hurt looking at that curtsey and I'm twenty years younger!!

I would not have made it up if I had gone down that far, but I suspect that The Princess Royal practices constantly so as to be able to do that when called upon to do so. However, my guess is that if The Duchess of Cornwall is ever crowned Queen, that The Princess Royal will decide she is too old to curtsy any longer!

AGBF:wavey:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love browsing this thread and all the new additions! I simply want to say a humble thank you and great work! :appl: :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aquamarines are said to be the Queen's favourite gemstone!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I found a close up of Empress Carlota of Mexico's (it really happened and it was a bad idea) pearls. Her crown (?) is really interesting. It looks like folded leaves with pearls.
220px-Charlotte_of_Belgium,_Empress_of_Mexico,.jpg MEXICO.jpg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So I ended up going down a tiara spiral on google. I think I have found a favorite that belonged to Anne Grosvenor, Duchess of Westminster. She was the fourth and last wife of the 2nd Duke of Westminster.
arcotsdiamonds2.jpg
3300386.jpg
Here it is on Leolia, 3rd wife of the 2nd Duke of Westminster. It is kind of tacky to reuse the same tiara for the next wife.
cac27a913408006a078391e5965d42d3.jpg
It was sold at Sotheby's and somehow ended up being a necklace for Alice Cooper (shown with Dali.) This is too good to make up.
salvador_dali-alice_cooper.jpg

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
w..i...t..h...f... you can guess what that stands for lol.. jeez o petes..

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I hope Alice felt fancy.

The owner before Alice, Rose Movius Palmer, took out the largest diamonds and replace them them turquoise.
rose-palmer-the-halo-tiara-with-turquoise.jpg
This is a tiara she also owned.
t.jpg

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I ended up going down a tiara spiral on google. I think I have found a favorite that belonged to Anne Grosvenor, Duchess of Westminster. She was the fourth and last wife of the 2nd Duke of Westminster.

If you are interested in tiaras, Vesper, you may enjoy the thread to which I am providing a link below. It is filled with lovely tiaras, although not the tiaras of royals (which are sprinkled throughout this thread). This thread is reserved for the jewelry of royalty. Anne Grosvenor was a duchess, but not royal, so her tiara should actually be featured in the thread about tiaras, not this one about royal jewelry. (The same is true about the tiara of Alice Cooper <wink>.)

Thank you for the interesting photos!

The Tiara Thread...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiaras.153398/

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad I got the right one. Here's another. This one shows The Duchess of Cambridge in juxtaposition to the late Diana, Princess of Wales. One doesn't see a great contrast in the way they wear the tiara in this photo, however.

AGBF

theloversknotagain.jpg
Is it only me, or...

How should I put it? I deeply respect Kate for all she is doing to draw attention to the mental health problem. She is smart. She is secure. She can manage a lot.

I can see her as a successful CEO, a female politician, an international lawyer.

One thing I don't see. She is not a Princess.

Diane had it to the extreme, this dreamy-like public appeal. I think it died with her. The rest of Windsors are to be respected, no doubt, but they are so interchangeable!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If you are interested in tiaras, Vesper, you may enjoy the thread to which I am providing a link below. It is filled with lovely tiaras, although not the tiaras of royals (which are sprinkled throughout this thread). This thread is reserved for the jewelry of royalty. Anne Grosvenor was a duchess, but not royal, so her tiara should actually be featured in the thread about tiaras, not this one about royal jewelry. (The same is true about the tiara of Alice Cooper <wink>.)

Thank you for the interesting photos!

The Tiara Thread...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiaras.153398/
I am sorry. I thought a duchess was Royal. It is too late to take down but I have reported my posts and hopefully the duchess will be taken down and she can go off to another non-royal thread.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry. I thought a duchess was Royal. It is too late to take down but I have reported my posts and hopefully the duchess will be taken down and she can go off to another non-royal thread.

There is no need to apologize, Vesper. The thread on tiaras has not been active and was very hard even for me to find (and I am familiar with it). Threads become buried if they are inactive for a while. In my opinion, it is a lovely thread and it would be nice to see it renewed! While I was looking at it, I actually saw another tiara belonging to one of the Duchesses of Winchester (I am unsure which one) which was given to her on her wedding day. Someone here on Pricescope has posted the photo in the tiara thread years ago. I would like to go back and look at it now that you have revived my interest in the Winchester jewels!

As to duchesses: some are royal and some are not. Unless a woman is born into or marries into a royal family in Great Britain or Ireland, she is not royal. She may be a peeress by marrying a peer, i.e. a member of the aristocracy. The Duke of Winchester is a nobleman, but not a member of The Royal Family. Some women who have the title "Duchess" are Royal Duchesses like The Duchess of Cornwall (the former Camilla Parker-Bowles who is married to The Prince of Wales) or The Duchess of Cambridge who is married to his heir, The Duke of Cambridge who used to be known as Prince William.

I am going to try to add your information about The Winchester Tiara to the correct thread so that we can discuss the Winchester tiaras there more if we wish. It is wonderful to see you participating so actively!

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it only me, or...

How should I put it? I deeply respect Kate for all she is doing to draw attention to the mental health problem. She is smart. She is secure. She can manage a lot.

(snip)

Diane had it to the extreme, this dreamy-like public appeal. I think it died with her. The rest of Windsors are to be respected, no doubt, but they are so interchangeable!

Maybe what Kate has will allow her to lead a more normal, healthy life than Diana did. I certainly hope so. Diana's "dreaminess" did not serve her well. She was full of unrealistic expectations that were doomed. She was married young and naive, entering The Royal Family like a child hoping to go to a party for a treat. Kate has her eyes open. Diana was to be pitied.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am going to try to add your information about The Winchester Tiara to the correct thread so that we can discuss the Winchester tiaras there more if we wish. It is wonderful to see you participating so actively!
Well again, so sorry. I will keep in mind not to post non royals and not to post pictures of the people who bought the items after the (non) royals. I am always interested to see where things end up! In retrospect people might not want to see that. (But can you imagine being the person who bought a royal item?!) Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• be06116b8d7644b1a9f7dfe1e9d0435e.jpg
    be06116b8d7644b1a9f7dfe1e9d0435e.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 24

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well again, so sorry. I will keep in mind not to post non royals and not to post pictures of the people who bought the items after the (non) royals. I am always interested to see where things end up! In retrospect people might not want to see that. (But can you imagine being the person who bought a royal item?!) Thanks for the help!

Please don't leave, Vesper! We have tiaras here, too!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I will post tiaras but ones I confirm are royal-royal :lol-2:

I just ordered another book on Empress Carlota of Mexico (I do love the Austrian Empire.) I found a photo on her wedding day where she appears to be wearing the same strand of pearls (the other picture is above) and lovely earrings.
corlotta 3.jpg
MEXICO.jpg

I guess she must have really liked them. Or another option is she is seen wearing them so much because once they went to Mexico they were completely bankrupt and Austria, Rome and France cut off all finical support. I read their castle was literally falling apart and was unable to be repaired due to a lack of funds so she might not have had much money for grand gems like the rest of her family. Granted this is all conjecture. When I went to Vienna to Schloss Schonbrunn Schoenbrunn Palace to see the crown Jewels nothing of hers was included. Granted she was hated and sent to a ward in France and was not allowed to be buried next to her husband since she was blamed by the family for his death.

I do think she was lovely and I love her pearls. I have found some painting of her in crowns as the "Empress" but I can't find any information on it. I highly doubt her husbands family would lend her anything (Sissi's personal mission) so maybe it was from her Belgian family. Hopefully the new book I bought addresses it.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am not sure if we are allowed to post painting (sorry if it offends) but here she is wearing the same pearls again.
necklace.jpg
This silver and pearl set belonged to her. Again, she shows she has a thing for teardrop pearls.
empress.jpg
Here is a cabinet card of her. You can see she has on the same earrings. The crown looks a little off and I almost wonder if someone painted on the photograph. Or maybe it was an old kind of crude crown.
d47257294005c33d686cf41738187f50.jpg

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful information, Vesper. I am going to go back and reread your postings. (Everything you included was not only appropriate, but fabulous.) While you were researching Empress Carlota of Mexico, I decided to look up a tiara that had been worn in July of 2017 so that I could post something recent to this thread that might be of interest to you.

I found out that Prince Ernst August of Hanover was married on July 10. Prince Ernst August is the son of another Prince Ernst August of Hanover, the senior one being the only one of whom I had been aware. Prince Ernst August, Sr. is the one married to (and also estranged from) Princess Caroline of Monaco, the one who has been caught engaging in public urination and rudeness to photographers. (In short, he is a boor.)

When Prince Ernst August, Jr. was married, to Ekaterina Malysheva, a Russian (a ceremony his father skipped), she wore The Hanoverian Floral Tiara as had Princess Caroline when she wed his father. It is pictured here.

Deb/AGBF

TheHanoverianFloralTiara.png

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of Ekaterina Malysheva wearing the tiara in July of 2017.

TheHanoverFloralTiara1.jpg

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think she was lovely and I love her pearls. I have found some painting of her in crowns as the "Empress" but I can't find any information on it. I highly doubt her husbands family would lend her anything (Sissi's personal mission) so maybe it was from her Belgian family. Hopefully the new book I bought addresses it.

I reread your postings and also had to look up Empress Carlota because I didn't remember a single solitary thing about her! Now I know enough to know how abysmally ignorant I am. (Isn't that what always happens?)

What is your quandary above? Was it whether she actually wore crowns or whether crowns were only painted into pictures of her? Was it where she obtained crowns and tiaras? She certainly did have a sad life between her disappointing husband; her later struggles with mental health; and the cruelty of her husband's family!

Deb/AGBF

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well I think if you read her letters and letters written about her you might not be so sympathetic. She bullied her husband into not abdicating because he was weak minded. She left to try and beg for funds and he was shot. Sissi had some pretty harsh things to say about her.

I have seen her in painting with crowns but on that card it looks painted on after the fact. I am curious if the crown that she did wear (I have seen her depicted in two different ones) came from her family or the Hapsburg's. My guess is they can from her family but I can't confirm this. Hopefully my new book has some information.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully my new book has some information.

What is the name of the new book, Vesper? Is it newly published or simply new to you? Please, do, keep us updated in this thread on what you learn!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The book is called "The Crown of Mexico" and people say it is a must read if you are interested in the topic. I recently finished a book on Empress Sissi call "The Reluctant Empress" and thought I would read up on that generation then work my way back. I would highly recommend the last book I stated. It was very balanced and relied a good deal on letters.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prince Harry the younger son of The Prince of Wales and the late Diana, Princess of Wales, is rumored to be about to propose to Meghan Markle.

"Prince Harry, 32, and Meghan Markle, 35, began dating a year ago but it seems the young royal is ready to take the relationship to the next level.

It's believed the Prince has enlisted royal jeweller Harry Collins to create an emerald engagement ring ahead of a special proposal.

The £100k engagement ring is said to be made from Princess Diana's bracelet - and will be cushion set for his US girlfriend.

If the pair were to announce an engagement it would break with the traditional 'two-year courtship' rule.
The Daily Star Sunday contacted Harry Collins’ shop - found in in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent - to confirm the news.

It's reported an employee of Collins 'laughed when asked about the ring' but didn't deny the news.

A source told the paper: 'It is because of his grandad’s ill-health' that he has broken the usual two-year romance protocol.

'Harry thinks he got his "joker" gene from Prince Philip, and is desperate for his grandfather to see him get married while there is still time. They are very close.'"

Meghan-Markle-980340.jpg

Pictured above are The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry
PrinceharryEngagementRing.jpg

Deb/AGBF

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meghan Markle is already wearing jewelry that Prince Harry gave her. One piece that was spotted on her in June is this gold thumb ring. There have also been reports that she received a ring engraved with an "H' and a piece with both an "M" and an "H" on it. All of these pieces have been made by conventional jewelers, though. Supposedly Prince Harry already asked Queen Elizabeth II for her permission to marry Miss Markle (and received it). If she does marry him, her wedding band, like the wedding band of all Windsor brides, will be made of Welsh gold.
MeghanMarkleThumbRing.jpg

AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results