shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

HRHSPC

Rough_Rock
I saw a better photo of the Duchess on Sartorial Splendor that was used as part of the "Queen at 90" film. I liked the way she wears the Lover's Knot further back on her head. Diana complained that it gave her a headache. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to attach the photo. Can someone else?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HRHSPC|1461592949|4023327 said:
I saw a better photo of the Duchess on Sartorial Splendor that was used as part of the "Queen at 90" film. I liked the way she wears the Lover's Knot further back on her head. Diana complained that it gave her a headache. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to attach the photo. Can someone else?

Is this the photograph you wanted to attach?

Deb

loversknottiara.jpg

HRHSPC

Rough_Rock
Yes. That is it. I love the way she wears it. :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HRHSPC|1463956606|4034911 said:
Yes. That is it. I love the way she wears it.

I'm glad I got the right one. Here's another. This one shows The Duchess of Cambridge in juxtaposition to the late Diana, Princess of Wales. One doesn't see a great contrast in the way they wear the tiara in this photo, however.

AGBF

theloversknotagain.jpg

HRHSPC

Rough_Rock
The photo of the Duchess has to be photoshopped. The dress she is wearing if from the Cambridge's Asian tour in 2012 and is knee length. No way a British royal would do that.

jankoluvsky

Rough_Rock
AGBF|1464225847|4036331 said:

I'm glad I got the right one. Here's another. This one shows The Duchess of Cambridge in juxtaposition to the late Diana, Princess of Wales. One doesn't see a great contrast in the way they wear the tiara in this photo, however.

AGBF

Kate looks older than Diana :eh:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jankoluvsky|1470059740|4061277 said:

AGBF

That's possible. Diana was separated from Charles at age 31 and the divorced finalised at age 35. Kate turns 35 in 5 months. It's pretty safe to assume that Diana was not attending royal events at which she was wearing a family tiara after the separation, which means that photo of her is between the ages 20 to 31. Kate did not start attending royal events wearing tiaras before she married, aged 29 and she's now 34. You could be comparing a 28 year old Diana and with a 33 year old Kate, or even a 22 year old with a 33 year old.

HRHSPC

Rough_Rock
Another thing to keep in mind is that the Duchess is not married to the heir to the throne but rather, the heir to the heir. Think Princess Mary (aka Queen Mary) when she first married.

jankoluvsky

Rough_Rock
Rhea|1470072860|4061330 said:
jankoluvsky|1470059740|4061277 said:

AGBF

That's possible. Diana was separated from Charles at age 31 and the divorced finalised at age 35. Kate turns 35 in 5 months. It's pretty safe to assume that Diana was not attending royal events at which she was wearing a family tiara after the separation, which means that photo of her is between the ages 20 to 31. Kate did not start attending royal events wearing tiaras before she married, aged 29 and she's now 34. You could be comparing a 28 year old Diana and with a 33 year old Kate, or even a 22 year old with a 33 year old.
Thanks for detailed info :clap:
o.png

Dakota

Rough_Rock
In my opinion, if a ring is going to be multi-colored they should be small stones with subdued colors. Anything other than that just looks gaudy and "pawn shop-ish". Royal family or not.

Youraid

Rough_Rock
It is just awesome ring!! I like it

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1481574547|4106669 said:
If you need a good, healthy dose of royal sparkle, check out pictures from this weekend's Nobel Prize ceremony. The Swedish Royal Family always brings out their best on this! I usually cause my keyboard to short out due to the drooling when I watch! Here are a couple of links to get you started....

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2016/12/royal-fashion-awards-nobel-prizes-2016.html

http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2016/12/nobel-prize-ceremony-jewels-2016.html

Thanks for posting these links. I think I enjoyed the "color commentary" on the blog almost as much as I enjoyed looking at the jewels!

shaunlee

Rough_Rock
Your first post is awesome in which you describe very well . Thanks a lot to share this type of experience regarding to royal jewels how to wear it .

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
For those that have read this thread, you know that I have my own little tiaras to celebrate special things that happen (and not so special...like the time both of my kids were sick throwing up in unison for two days straight). More recently, my collection has centered around teaching awards that I've won. Well...my collection is going to grow! I received a national teaching award for geosciences in Los Angeles. I haven't decided on what I'm going to get yet, but as soon as I have my new "royal jewel" I'll post a picture!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whatever their ages, they both look lovely and elegant.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those that have read this thread, you know that I have my own little tiaras to celebrate special things that happen (and not so special...like the time both of my kids were sick throwing up in unison for two days straight). More recently, my collection has centered around teaching awards that I've won. Well...my collection is going to grow! I received a national teaching award for geosciences in Los Angeles. I haven't decided on what I'm going to get yet, but as soon as I have my new "royal jewel" I'll post a picture!

Congratulations on the award, LadyMaria. That award is huge! I have not been reading this thread very often since people do not often post to it or I would have commented instantly.

I love your tiara collection, of course, and am dying to see what you will get (and what name the tiara will have) once you get it. Or have you already gotten it now?

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the award, LadyMaria. That award is huge! I have not been reading this thread very often since people do not often post to it or I would have commented instantly.

I love your tiara collection, of course, and am dying to see what you will get (and what name the tiara will have) once you get it. Or have you already gotten it now?

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

My new tiara is ordered and should be here in a week or so. Since it is for Earth science teaching, I've decided to call this one "Marchioness of Magma!" :D

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
It arrived! I'm wearing it to school tomorrow for the last day! Here is my "Marchioness of Magma":lol::D:)

marchioness magma.JPG

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your award! Your tiara is very gorgeous. I hope you have the best day tomorrow when you wear it.

Toekneetang

Rough_Rock

My first post! Hope I am doing this right.... (can''''t tell if the picture will post.)

Anyhow, Prince Joachim of Denmark was engaged today to a Frenchwoman named Marie Cavallier. Her engagement ring has a sapphire, diamond and ruby to reflect the colors of the French flag. It was chosen by Joachim who also made some modifications to it.

IMHO I think the ring is a bit fugly. I like that he put some thought into it but it would have been nice to see a family heirloom used - although since this is his second marriage maybe it doesn''''t have enough "weight" in royal terms to merit an heirloom ring.

987b97c3.jpg
image1 (1).JPG
i was hoping someone could help me in determining if you think that this brooch of mine has anything to to with this tiara, supposedly from the russian crown jewels..i know that i can see faberge and russian markings all over my brooch, and i have always felt that this had to have been apart of a larger piece of jewelry and then finally after weeks of searching online i came across this photo , which i put a photo i took of my brooch next to it to compare...can you get back to me?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady Maria,

I think this may be the most beautiful tiara you have yet acquired! And that is saying a great deal. It is truly lovely. I know that you have made some of them yourself, but where on earth do you find the ones that you buy? You certainly deserve yours, much more than some of the royalty who have not distinguished themselves in any particular profession! (I am thinking of a certain hated English woman at the moment.)

Congratulations!

Hugs,
AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
image1 (1).JPG
i was hoping someone could help me in determining if you think that this brooch of mine has anything to to with this tiara, supposedly from the russian crown jewels..i know that i can see faberge and russian markings all over my brooch, and i have always felt that this had to have been apart of a larger piece of jewelry and then finally after weeks of searching online i came across this photo , which i put a photo i took of my brooch next to it to compare...can you get back to me?

I was going to tell you that it was unlikely that anyone who could help you would see your posting here and that you should post it in another forum where more experts post. When I checked, however, I saw that you already did that. So everything is all right. Good luck in finding out more about your brooch.

Deb :wavey:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Lady Maria,

I think this may be the most beautiful tiara you have yet acquired! And that is saying a great deal. It is truly lovely. I know that you have made some of them yourself, but where on earth do you find the ones that you buy? You certainly deserve yours, much more than some of the royalty who have not distinguished themselves in any particular profession! (I am thinking of a certain hated English woman at the moment.)

Congratulations!

Hugs,
AGBF

Thank you AGBF!! :angel::angel:This most recent one came from Hobby Lobby! I saw it in the store while looking for scrapbook materials, but it was missing the center drop. I went online and it was 50% off! :D:D:D One came from a little coffee and trinket shop in the antique store section of the city I teach in. I've also bought at Michael's and (believe it or not) Wal-Mart.

Here's a couple of pictures from the last day of school when I wore it. The dress was the Christmas present from DH. He really is a winner in indulging my love of pretty, pouffy, and sparkly! IMG_4164.jpg IMG_4165.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
There is a State Visit of Spain to the United Kingdom going on. The banquet is tonight. LOTS of super pretty sparkly royal jewels on display!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Delightful images coming out of the State Banquet. Queen Elizabeth wore aquamarines and Queen Letitia wore an all diamond tiara known as "La Buena" or "The Good One." LetiQEIIpg.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few more assorted tiaras. A stupid leaf from the floral arrangement is blocking a good view of the Duchess of Cambridge's Lover's Knot tiara, but check out her necklace!!! I wish I had that seat next to Harry...
assortedtiarasbritspain.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Goodness LadyMaria - you look absolutely stunning! Congratulations on your award :appl: and thank you for your contributions to science literacy - and to through that, to our collective future!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
A second tiara banquet for the UK-Spain State visit! Anne, Princess Royal is wearing her Festoon tiara and Queen Letizia is wearing the Floral.
letianneguildhall.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results