Royal Jewels

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love those antique pears!

BennyofSweden

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Regarding the new tiara princess Sofia of Sweden received as a gift from the King and Queen at the wedding in June this year.
I found this picture of Queen Josephine of Sweden and Norway. The direct translation of the text says "Queen Josephine as old". She died 1876 so should be just before or a couple of years before.

The tiara does not look exactly as the one prinsess Sofia recieved at the wedding. But the shape, the acanthus leaves, and escecially the darker stones (that might be emeralds) looks in shape and size very much like Sofia's.
Is it one of the jewels that was passed to Prince Oscar Bernadotte of Wisborg and was later remodeled?
There was some rumors regarding the king buying back Queen Sofias Pink Topaz Tiara, maybe that info was regarding this tiara instead???

(planned to post this on "The Royal jewels of the world message board " but still not accepted as member...)

img_9639.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BennyofSweden|1444938520|3938636 said:
Is it one of the jewels that was passed to Prince Oscar Bernadotte of Wisborg and was later remodeled?
There was some rumors regarding the king buying back Queen Sofias Pink Topaz Tiara, maybe that info was regarding this tiara instead???

(planned to post this on "The Royal jewels of the world message board " but still not accepted as member...)

Would you mind expanding on this, BOS? I do not properly understand what you are saying. I would like to, especially if you are saying that you are having a problem posting.

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

BennyofSweden

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have tried to register so many times past months with different usernames. I get a mail asking me to veryfy my registration and then a confirmation that i should get a confirmation from the administrator, but i never get any confirmation back after that.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope, BennyofSweden!

You're making an interesting point and given the small and unclear photo you have, I see why you thought the tiaras are a match :)
However, Queen Josephine were her nicolo parure from Nitot. You can see in the photo in the link that the design of the tiara is quite different from the design of Princess Sofia's tiara, which looks more Art-Deco to me. However, I think the old tiara may have been an inspiration, if Sofia's tiara is a new peace made for her :)

Link -http://www.royal-magazin.de/sweden/josephine-leuchtenberg-nicolo-parure-pearl.htm

BennyofSweden

Rough_Rock
Hi Preslav,
Yeah i did find the pictures of the nitot later..

But, here is one of the jewels Count Carl-Johan Bernadotte inherited from his mother Crown Prinsess Margaretha of Sweden. The picture is of his first wife Kerstin. The necklace can be worn as a small tiara and the pendant can be worn as a brooch. The stones are emeralds. I'm not sure but believe that after Kerstins death 1987 it was inherited by one of there two kids, but I have not seen it since then.

img_9661.jpg

mjr1

Rough_Rock
Quick question-why did Kate Middleton not wear her Order of the Queen today? She looked lovely but I thought she would be wearing it if she has received it. Thank you for any replies....

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
mjr1|1445382751|3940412 said:
Quick question-why did Kate Middleton not wear her Order of the Queen today? She looked lovely but I thought she would be wearing it if she has received it. Thank you for any replies....

I think you've answered your own question ;-)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BennyofSweden|1445353281|3940221 said:
Hi Preslav,

But, here is one of the jewels Count Carl-Johan Bernadotte inherited from his mother Crown Prinsess Margaretha of Sweden. The picture is of his first wife Kerstin. The necklace can be worn as a small tiara and the pendant can be worn as a brooch. The stones are emeralds. I'm not sure but believe that after Kerstins death 1987 it was inherited by one of there two kids, but I have not seen it since then.

Great find! Gala photos of Countess Kirsten (spelling?) are rare and it's the first time I see the emerald jewels. It's a pity that we don't know much about what happened to Crown Princess Margareta's jewels that were inherited by her children who didn't marry equally.
On another note, I've wondered why we never see Count Carl-Johan's (adoptive) children at Scandianvian galas. Their father was a beloved uncle to The King of Sweden, The Queen of Denmark and The Queen of the Hellens. The cousins, however, don't seem to be close.

BennyofSweden

Rough_Rock
Oh I miss spelled, it should be Kerstin!
Yeah the kids were really close to there grandfather King Gustaf VI Adolf, I can't remember seeing them at any bigger occasions like the past weddings, but they might have been there, hidden in the crowds... I did see one pic of Monica bernadotte (bonde) sitting next to Sofia Hellqvist at the funeral of Princess Lillian

mjr1

Rough_Rock
I am sorry. I did not mean to answer my own question. Perhaps my question should be is it possible that she was awarded it and did not wear it? I

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
mjr1|1445387515|3940436 said:
I am sorry. I did not mean to answer my own question. Perhaps my question should be is it possible that she was awarded it and did not wear it? I

No. The Queen is the only member of the Royal Family who occassionally doesn't wear the RFOs at gala events.
Once you get the order, you always wear it.
By the by, Princess Alexandra wore the family orders of her uncle and grandfathrr on her left tonight, which is the opposite side on which the RFO are worn.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bobby, Bobby, Bobby!!! Finally the voice of experience is back! We cannot function without you!
Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BennyofSweden|1445930088|3942464 said:
Friday Prince Carl-Philip and Princess Sofia atended a Ceremony at The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences.
Princess Sofia is wearing some new earrings designed by Ebba Brahe Jewellery called "Princess sliced diamonds".
They are sold for about 7.000 €

http://www.ebbabrahe.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_33&product_id=59

Thank you for your edifying post, BOS! I had never heard of "Princess Sliced Diamonds". I still, really, have no idea what they are, although I did click on your link. I am interested in learning more about them, although I suspect that they may not be my cup of tea! I think that the princess may be walking on the wild side! ;))

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Kate Middleton was seen wearing Diana's supposed favorite tiara the other night. Here are a few photos.

tumblr_inline_nz2dmqjaia1rpqds5_1280.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
It's been a while since I've posted. I've been working on graduate school, plus I'm still teaching full time. Just a little busy!! I've just finished my Master's degree so I finally feel like I can slow down now.

I made my students watch the Nobel Prize Ceremony today. Science + glittering jewels = bliss!! Plus it gives me a chance to remind them if they ever win a Nobel Prize, they should invite me!

Queen Silvia wore the Nine Prong.
CP Victoria wore the Connuaght (with parts of the amethyst parure)
Princess Madeline wore the Aquamarine Kokoshkik
Princess Sofia wore her wedding tiara (diamond and emerald)
Princess Cristina wore the Six Button.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new degree!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
westjenn|1449666996|3959310 said:
Kate Middleton was seen wearing Diana's supposed favorite tiara the other night. Here are a few photos.

I still can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something about having the base of this tiara wrapped in the dark velvet (on Catherine) as opposed to the lighter velvet (on Diana) that gives it a much more finished look. I'd love to see another shot of it on Catherine where we can see the whole thing, but alas, we don't get pictures from inside for the Dipolmatic Corps Dinner.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1429523990|3864746 said:
PS-It's great to see you again, Lady Maria. Do you have any new tiaras?

As a matter of fact, I do! :bigsmile: I won an Earth science teaching award last year. For this tiara, my mother decided to get in on the action and she bought this tiara for me...Empress of Earth Science! It's not my usual style, but it is more flexible than my others so it is pretty easy to wear.

img_10073.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Great picture from the New Year's Court in Denmark! CP Mary looks fabulous, as always!

mary.png

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And the Japanese ladies always come decked out in their finery for the New Year as well!

japan.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1450201752|3961751 said:

As a matter of fact, I do! :bigsmile: I won an Earth science teaching award last year. For this tiara, my mother decided to get in on the action and she bought this tiara for me...Empress of Earth Science! It's not my usual style, but it is more flexible than my others so it is pretty easy to wear.

I love this one, LadyMaria. I cannot wait to see it on you!

AGBF

diamonddiadem

Rough_Rock
BennyofSweden|1444938520|3938636 said:
Hi,

If you want to register on RJWMB, send email directly to [email protected]

hope this helps :wavey:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BennyofSweden|1445353281|3940221 said:
Hi Preslav,

I came here today to see what was going on and saw your post again. Re-reading it, I noticed that you say that the pendant is set with emeralds. However, I believe that the dark stones are in fact sapphires and what we're looking at is Crown Princess Margareta's pendant of 'Diamonds & Sapphires' from 'The Freemasons of England'. What do you think?

You can see the sapphire and diamond pendant here, illustrated in the Illustrated London News:

_36641.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1450201752|3961751 said:

Congratulations on your new award and tiara, my most dear Lady Maria! It looks like you've got a nice floral piece for less formas occasions :razz:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Tiara news!

A couple of nights ago, the Belgian Royal Couple hosted a State Banquet for the Bundespräsident and his partner. The Queen wore her laural wreath tiara with modern diamond and yellow diamond earrings by Cartier, a present from The King for the birth of Princess Elizabeth (now The Duchess of Brabant), their eldest child. This was a pretty standart look for HM, apart from the way the tiara was positioned, which made it look smaller and less apealing than it actually is.

But this isn't news, right? What was new, however, was the first time Princess Astrid, sister of The King, wore Queen Elizabeth's Art Deco bandeau in public. As many of you know, the bandeau was a firm fabourite of Queen Paola and remained the only tiara in her disposal after she handed the Nine Provinces Tiara to her d-i-l when her husband abdicated. Natuarally, the appearence of the tiara on Princess Astrid's head left many of us wondering if the bandeau had actually changed owners recently or if it was a loan from a loving Maman...

Check this link for photos - http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/03/state-banquet-germany-president-state.html

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to say that although I don't contribute to this thread, I do enjoy reading it and checking out all the royal blingery. Many thanks to those of you who post here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results