shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
Haven't we seen her wear the Vifte tiara as a necklace? I would love to see CP Mette-Marrit wearing it again!

mmtiara5a.jpg

mmtiara5c.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is one tiara that doesn't function well as a necklace - the design ends too abruptly and it is much too tight around the neck.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
sunshine996|1350350688|3286096 said:
Haven't we seen her wear the Vifte tiara as a necklace? I would love to see CP Mette-Marrit wearing it again!

Yes, we've seen Crown Princess Mette-Marit with the tiara as necklace twice - at a pre-wedding gala and during the Bulgarian State Visit. I'd love to see it worn as tiara, if only to see how it looks on HRH.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1350415874|3286479 said:
That is one tiara that doesn't function well as a necklace - the design ends too abruptly and it is much too tight around the neck.

I couldn't agree more! And I never thought I works very well as tiara! To me the Vifte tiara looks more like a large diamond hair comb, quite like the ones worn in Downton Abbey, albeit with more diamonds and worn at the front of the head.
I wonder if the Vifte part (vifte=fan) is detachable. That would give HRH a simple diamond line necklace to wear sometimes ;-)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I don't think anything is known about this impressive diamond necklace, so I won't ask about it. What I'd like to know at which event the photograph was taken. It must've been something quite special... Any more photos?
mariechantalnecklace.png

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Surprise, surprise!!! This evening's banquet in Luxembourg turned out to be...WHITE TIE. And the ladies are wearing tiaras! There are some great surprises, like Queen Ena's aquamarines for Princess Sibylla, the floral tiara for Stephanie and the smaller verion of Princess Sibylla's tiara for Princess Diane.

Enjoy - Royal Glitter*
*have in=n mind that the gallery is gradually updated with new photos

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1350669338|3288674 said:
Surprise, surprise!!! This evening's banquet in Luxembourg turned out to be...WHITE TIE. And the ladies are wearing tiaras! There are some great surprises, like Queen Ena's aquamarines for Princess Sibylla, the floral tiara for Stephanie and the smaller version of Princess Sibylla's tiara for Princess Diane.

Enjoy - Royal Glitter*
*have in=n mind that the gallery is gradually updated with new photos

The Grand Duchess & The Hereditary Grand Duchess - Maria Teresa and Stephanie

Zimbio has some very nice photos of most of the royals guests. You can zoom and enjoy some details of the jewels here - The Wedding Of Prince Guillaume Of Luxembourg & Stephanie de Lannoy - Gala Dinner

Two extra photos, courtesy MyRoyals - My Queen - Margarita of Bulgaria and The Princess of Preslav

Not pictured - Crown Princess Victoria (one of the surprises), the Duchess of Braganza.

I 'd lime to see what you think about the jewels worn! Questions, musings, etc are welcome ;-) Until then I won't make any further comments.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Did anybody watch the live stream? Lady Maria?
What do you think for the dress (a great Saab creation, IMO) and the petite de Lannoy tiara (a lovely design, beautiful diamond on top)?
What do you think about the female guests? Which was your fav look*? The more extravagant (Maxima), a classic (Margarita of Romania, Furstin Marie, Queen Margrethe) or the simple, understated appearance of the Grand Duchess, Crown Princess Mary, The Princess of Hanover, etc?

*In terms of the jewels they wore, not the outfits ;-)

Here are three galleries with photos - #1, #2 and #3

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1350590704|3288064 said:
I don't think anything is known about this impressive diamond necklace, so I won't ask about it. What I'd like to know at which event the photograph was taken. It must've been something quite special... Any more photos?
mariechantalnecklace.png

Bobby

Crown Princess Marie-Chantal, yes? Antique corsage tiara? Some big event for the Greek Royal Family?

That necklace would look great as a tiara. The shape of the row of diamonds coming along the throat reminds me of Le Ocean. Maybe someday we'll see Charlene wear it properly...

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I plan on watching video tomorrow. Right now life is crazy with the King out of town, the Queen Mother visiting, the little princess being sick, and the crown prince playing in a tennis tournament, so all I've been able to do right now is look at pictures. I will say I love the dress (it has sleeves, I'm happy) and I love the Lannoy tiara.

I am totally stunned by the tiara the Countess of Wessex wore to the pre-wedding dinner. I was also caught off guard by Princess Caroline. There's another tiara that hadn't been seen out for a while. I guess she has no plans to wear the Hannover tiaras anymore!

lannoy.jpg

_couple.jpg

WithinDemise

Rough_Rock
mariechantalnecklace.png

Bobby

Hi, this was for King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden's 50th Birthday Celebration Dinner Gala in April 1996. Marie-Chantal was pregnant with her first child at the time. I've only seen one other picture of Marie from that dinner. The Royal Forums has photos of the other guests as well: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f185/the-kings-50th-birthday-celebrations-april-1996-a-46.html

pmarie31.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Oh so much to ask, where do I start...... First of all so happy the pre-wedding gala was white tie!!! Could someone with greater knowledge then me speak about the tiara worn by Stephanie at the pre-wedding gala and the necklace and tiara worn by the Countess of Wessex (I understand on loan from the Queen). Order of Splendor posted nice pictures in the pre-wedding gala section (only picture I have seen of the Countess of Wessex) but unfortunately I don't know how to cut and paste them. Also was interesting to read about some of the lesser know royalty and tiaras worn by some of the ladies.

Love Maxima in the ruby tiara, I think it suits her and she pulls it off well. Also have read the write-up on the Lannoy tiara was wondering what else the family owns (and if other family pieces will be worn as the years go on, aka Diana wearing some of the Spencer family pieces (necklace, tiara) during her marriage.

Oh and I almost forgot, the Order of Splendor stated the tiara worn by CP Victoria was unfamiliar, is it new (doubt it) or hiding in the vaults for a while.... Bobby/Danny?

Also love the pic of CP Marie-Chantal with that spectacular necklace from the King's birthday celebration (if anyone know anything about it please post).

Hooray finally some jewels to discuss!! Can't wait for your responses, even if they do show my lack of knowledge :appl:

WithinDemise

Rough_Rock
All I know about the floral tiara is that it's one of two that the Luxembourgish family own (Alexandra wore the smaller one). Maria-Theresa seems to prefer the larger one in her older years.

Apparently the aquamarine tiara that Sophie wore comes from pieces from a larger aquamarine tiara that was once in the BRF. Elizabeth has worn the tiara at least once (though not for many years). But I'm not sure on that.

I've never seen the tiara Vickan wore and I'd like to never see it again. something about the way it sits on her head is just ugly. Not to mention it just reminds me of her 18th birthday tiara: plain and pathetic. but that's just my opinion.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1350742736|3289070 said:
mariechantalnecklace.png

Bobby

Crown Princess Marie-Chantal, yes? Antique corsage tiara? Some big event for the Greek Royal Family?

That necklace would look great as a tiara. The shape of the row of diamonds coming along the throat reminds me of Le Ocean. Maybe someday we'll see Charlene wear it properly...

I don't think this would look great as tiara, as least it would be a hard one to wear with maximum effect. First it's too long on the neck and would be too wide on the head - the same happened when Queen Mary wore Queen Adelaide's fringe necklace as tiara. Secondly, there are too many dangling pendants that would have to be fixed upright - not an easy task, if you ask me.

BTW, Princess Marie Chantal's sister Alexandra wore a similar necklace at the gala dinner before her sister's wedding to the Greek Crown Prince. I do have to wonder if this is a family piece ;-)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1350751940|3289136 said:
Oh so much to ask, where do I start...... First of all so happy the pre-wedding gala was white tie!!! Could someone with greater knowledge then me speak about the tiara worn by Stephanie at the pre-wedding gala and the necklace and tiara worn by the Countess of Wessex (I understand on loan from the Queen). Order of Splendor posted nice pictures in the pre-wedding gala section (only picture I have seen of the Countess of Wessex) but unfortunately I don't know how to cut and paste them. Also was interesting to read about some of the lesser know royalty and tiaras worn by some of the ladies.

The tiara Princess Stephanie wore at the gala dinner comes from the Grand Ducal family's collection. It is a wreath of diamonds that belonged to Grand Duchess Charlotte.
The necklace worn by the Countess of Wessex is part of Elizabeth II's private collection. Featuring pear, baguette and round diamonds, it was made in 1952 by Harry Winston. The necklace was presented to HM by King Faisal of Saudi Arabia in 1967.
Until now, the tiara HRH wore was believed to be the aquamarine and diamond jewel that was presented to The Queen in 1968 and then was broken to help modify the Aquamarine tiara. The tiara Sophie wore has been worn by Elizabeth II only once in public - during a visit to Canada, with QV's necklace and earrings (and a Native American Jacket).

Well, one of the most bejeweled ladies was Countess Maria Beatrice von & zu Arco-Zinneberg, nee Archduchess of Austria-Este, the elder sister of The Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium. HIRH wore a parure of diamonds and rubies - a very large tiara and a more modest necklace.
Another lady that wasn't in the limelight was HRH the Hereditary Margravine von Baden with the diamond sunburst tiara.

Oh and I almost forgot, the Order of Splendor stated the tiara worn by CP Victoria was unfamiliar, is it new (doubt it) or hiding in the vaults for a while.... Bobby/Danny?

So far nothing is known about Crown Princess Victoria's tiara and hair-comb. They might be a new purchase (by Prince Daniel?), a new discovery in the palace cupboards... Your guess is as good as mine... Most people suggest that it's made of cut steel tiara. I'd like to first see some good HQ and then decide. One think is sure, though - they are old and look very good with the Napoleonic dress, so my suggestion is that they are early 19 century pieces.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Did you notice Crown Princess Mary's new version of the necklace from the ruby parure? Not that bad, but not with that dress ;-) It now reminds me of the necklace from the Norwegian emerald parure, which could be worn with and without pendants ;-)

Here's a clear photo - Lady in red

Another rare photo from last night - Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg with the smaller floral tiara and Grand Duchess Charlotte's diamond watch/bracelet - Charming Princess Note Queen Anne Marie's huge pendant from Crown Princess Margareta! HM also wore a very large diamond and aqua brooch on her hip and a bracelet with 2 large aquas.

Princess Tessy wore the sapphire tiara and earrings - Impressive tableware and lovely ladies

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are some HQ from the relegious wedding, courtesy Zimbio:

Foreign guests:

The Queen of the Hellens - I just love HM for adding these pearl drops to all sorts of earrings, also love the brooch and rings- #1, #2, #3
The Queen of Denmark - #1, #2
The Queen of Sweden - Love her! - #1, #2
The Queen of the Netherlands - just change the dress and head to a gala ;-) - #1, #2
The Queen of Norway - the modern pearl and gold set - Photo
The Queen of the Belgians - Pearls and rubies
The Princess of Liechtenstein wore another pearl and diamond choker and earrings - Pic
Princess Lalla Salma - I love those sapphires! - The most glittering guest!
Margarita of Bulgaria wore a large pendant with coloured stone surounded by diamonds - Photo
Crown Princess Katherine - aquamarine and diamond earrings and bird brooch - Photo
The Princess of Hanover, Hereditary Princess of Monaco - #1, #2
The Duchess of Braganza opted for pearls - Photo
Crown Princess Mary - Tahitian pearl drops on the ruby and diamond clusters - Photo
Crown Princess Victoria - the traditional lovely pearl and diamond bling - #1, #2
Princess Maxima wore pieces from the Borneo set as earrings, brooch and bracelet - #1, #2
Crown Princess Marie Chantal with her large diamond circles/hoops - Photo
The Duchess of Parma wore a large round sapphire and diamond brooch from the Orange-Nassua collection with small sapphire and diamond earrings - Pic
Crown Princess Margarita of Romania - her grandmother's pearl and diamond earringa, 3-row pearl necklace (note that Radu's tie is in the colours of the House of Nassau!) - Photo
The Duchess of Brabant - once again Queen Fabiola's waterfall brooch - #1, #2
The Countess of Wessex - a so very Windsor dress and jewls :D - Photo
Countess Alexandra von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth, Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg chose a nice strand of multi coloured pearls and large pendant earrings - Photo
Princess Martha-Louise, Mrs Behn - aqua earrings and pearl A brooch (Ari wasn't missing after all :cheeky: ) - Earrings & brooch, bracelet & rings

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The bride's family:

Nathalie Hamliton (nee Comtesse de Lannoy) with Art Deco diamond earrings - Photo
Comtesse Luisa de Lannoy - lovely diamond earrings and brooch Photo
Comtesse Alice de Lannoy - I love the brooch! The earrings are not bad either (rubies, I presume) ;-) - Photo

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The groom's family:

The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg - do these earrings look familiar? - Photo
Princess Sibylla of Luxembourg - love it that somebody opted for pearl and diamond clusters. I only miss a pearl necklace to make the look complete - Photo
Countess Diane de Nassau - could be worse. I had much higher expectations since the gala the night before - Photo
Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria - a traditional outfit and jewels for a wedding; cudos for wearing the clasp in front - Photo
Princess Margarita of Liechtenstein - My favourite from Luxembourg at this event. Bravo! - Photo

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
Best Dressed at the Gala (gown and jewelry combination):

1) Countess Stephanie of Lannoy (now Hereditary Grand Duchess)
2) Princess Maxima
3) Princess Marie-Chantal

gala-dinner--a.jpg

wedding_prince_guillaume_luxembourg_stephanie_hsfgkp4eoiyx.jpg

tumblr_mc5mlwxnap1qg2128o1_500.jpg

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
Best Dressed Guest Wedding:

1) Sophie the Countess of Wessex
2) Crown Princess Mary
3) Princess Maxima

tumblr_mc6vkgavj81r6jme9o1_500.jpg

wedding_prince_guillaume_luxembourg_stephanie_tbbsvbvmwqsl.jpg

tumblr_mc79depa8v1r7o0gso1_1280.jpg

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
Crown Princess mary's parure has become very convertable!

wedding_prince_guillaume_luxembourg_stephanie_ta5pya4xkmrl.jpg

tumblr_mc61r1m4xz1r6jme9o1_400.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What is that around Maxima's arms?

Her dress looks great, the colours are gorgeous, her tiara is stunning but those contraptions steal all the attention. They are too over sized to work.

jean95404

Rough_Rock
Loved 99% of all clothes, jewels, hats, etc. Comments on three of my favorites to watch: CP Mary, CP Maxima and Countess of Wessex.
1. Mary's updo for the formal dinner reminds me of a hairdo in Queen M's formal portrait of a few years ago. Looks like a conehead sliding backwards. But it does frame and support the tiara very nicely.

2. Maxima seems to be enjoying a private joke and trying not to laugh. Could it be that she also thinks that hat is laughable? Love seeing what she wears, but this hat is too much even for me.

3. Sophie's dress: Love the colors, cut, fit and style. Just wish it didn't have those horses all over it. Seems to be something one would wear to weekend get together for cocktails with the horsey set. Liked the hat...she's improving her style on those.

4. I really liked P.Mathilde's little hat. Looked like a sweet feminine little blossom or leaf. The color was wonderfully complimentary to her hair and skin tone.

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
The Aquamarine tiara.
aqua.jpg

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Thank you AmayasV!

I wanted to post a pic of the two as you have done, but I am on holiday in Budapest and only have an iPad!

I think we will see this tiara a lot more in the future. The Countess loves Aquamarines and they suit her very well. I can't wait to see her wear it with her other aqua tiara in its necklace form and her aqua earnings - now that would be a treat to see!

Bobby - I have been relaxing on this holiday and I have enjoyed it all the more for your posts on the royal wedding, the collections of pictures have been very welcome, thank you.

Neil

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Currently watching the big stars, guests, etc ariving for the royal premiere of 007: Skyfall... Can't wait to see the film in the end of the week!
But why am I saying this? Naturally a member of the royal family attends. And this tim it's the Prince of Wales with the Duchess of Cornwall. HRH's wearing the purple velved gown she first wore in Norway with her large amethyst and diamond earrings andd... part of the amethysts and seed peals necklace that Queen Alexandra gave Lady Elizabeth B-L on the occasion of her 1923 wedding to the Duke of York, namely the inner line of amethysts and pearls with the huge hert-shaped amethyst in the center...

A photo for you - From London with Love

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
sunshine996|1350950873|3290515 said:
Best Dressed at the Gala (gown and jewelry combination):

1) Countess Stephanie of Lannoy (now Hereditary Grand Duchess)
2) Princess Maxima
3) Princess Marie-Chantal

I was surprised by the huge amount of Elie Saab gowns at the gala dinner, especially from the Lux ladies... And also the jewellery combos with red dresses (the colour of the evening), again by the Luxembourg crowd - sapphire, emeralds, aquamarines. Possibly there were others with such combos.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The State Banquet in the Netherlands for the President of Italy was a bit of a disappointment - black tie for the men, white tie for the ladies. Apperently Princess Margriet is a Dutch official with no family hairlooms, but an impressive brooch and earrings. Or are they on loan from a jeweller? Sigh! And no sight of Princess Maxima!

Now seriously - the diamond bandeau for The Queen with a collet necklace, a star brooch and some serious rocks on the ears; familiar earrings and brooch for Princess Margriet, also a sparkly dress (it doesnt make for the lack of tiara, though).

Photos - Italian State Banquet in Noordeinde Palace

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results