shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani Pendant Ebay Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bettyboop

Rough_Rock
After many emails back and forth with the seller of this item, review of Ebay feedback, Google research on the business, I took the plunge and purchased the following Ritani Endless Love pendant off Ebay. I''m supposed to receive the pendant on Thursday and will look at having it authenticated by my local Bailey Banks and Biddle (as I''ve worked out a return policy with the seller if the item is not to my liking and I paid for the item via credit card through their store so if there are issues, I can always file a dispute with my credit card company). Does anyone have a suggestion on who I could bring this to or send it to have the pendant appraised so I can add it to my Chubb policy? I''ve seen many referrals here for loose diamonds but not sure when it''s for a diamond already set. Also, does anyone know if I can work with Ritani to get a longer chain and send them back the 16" one? I believe I will need an 18" chain but then I will have an extra 16" platinum chain which I will not have a need for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5058108199&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I''ve also been eyeing the earrings also listed but haven''t been able to try the earrings on at BBB to see if I truly like the style.

Thx!

Betty

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oups.... why did I think the price was $5900?

Anyway, got it right in the end ($1800).

Retail listings (e.g. at Pearlmansjewelers) match the reference 'value' thing. The $1800 is slightly less than what the center stone alone ( .75 G-Si1 ) might cost if certified.

There's nothing in the listing that looks odd to me except perhaps the nice price, but this doesn't mean anything. Far below the price of the stone it would have been funny enough to laugh. This isn't. It is a bit sad to see signed jewelry sold as scrap (actually, given away, 'cause the price is barely good for the stone) - but hey, I am not the one selling it! If this is not 'too good to be true' - good for you.

You say you will have it identified at BBB. Is this a special service or something that it is just done randomly?

I hope you will write about the outcome
2.gif

bettyboop

Rough_Rock
Thanks Valeria - I will definitely write about the outcome. I actually posted this over in Rocky Talk as well and Mara responded. I was originally looking to have a custom made peice but you''re correct the stone alone would have run me about the same price so I''m anxiously awaiting the arrival of the package. (I''m tracking via UPS). The seller was really nice and only charged me the actual cost of the 2 day shipping as well which I found pleasantly surprising for an Ebay seller.

I''m hoping that BBB will authenticate - the ladies at my local BBB are pretty nice. Otherwise, I''m planning on stopping by Geoffreys in San Carlos to have my wedding ring set cleaned and will also ask them to at least authenticate the stone. I''m curious if this is jewelry liquidation from BBB as I know they are planning on closing 30 - 35 store locations by year end.

Betty

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m certainly going to be watching with interest to see what you think of the piece. If it turns out well, I''m putting that seller on my "Ebay Favorites" list!
3.gif

It''s beautiful!

Good luck!

widget

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Great Pendant.

Though I have never purchased from this seller, I have been watching their stuff for years for the right piece to come up for auction. They seem to carry many brands that Neiman Marcus carries, in particular Cynthia Bach. They seem to have great feedback, and the kind of seller that seems legitamate. Let us know how this all turns out.

Best of luck with your beautiful pendant.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
WOW, what a deal on a beautiful piece.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow you did very well. I love that pendant. I''m gonna have to watch ebay more closley. Are you getting the earrings as well??

bettyboop

Rough_Rock
Hi Kaleigh,
I'm tempted on the earrings but wasn't too sure as I haven't had much luck with lever style earrings in the past ... my ears are too big/thick so they don't hang right and thus don't look right on me. The seller did tell me that after receiving my pendant, I could contact her re: the earrings and if they were still available then a deal could be worked out.

I'm glad to know that someone else has been watching items put up by this particular seller. If they were to put up the Jean Schlumberger Tiffany 16 diamond ring in my size, I would pounce on that sucker :)

I'll let everyone know how it turns out tomorrow when I receive the pendant.

Betty

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
betty i have seen the tiffany jean 16 diamond ring up on ebay before, just not in your size? i saw it on two separate instances but can''t recall sizing!

bettyboop

Rough_Rock
thanks mara .. i''ve seen it a couple of times as well. Someone also posted one on Craigslist but they''re usually a size 6 or smaller and I probably need a 7 1/2 or 8. I''m not sure if Tiffany has any in that size to try on at their stores but my wedding ring set is a 7 1/2 and it''s comfortable, a little loose on cold days like now but comfortable on days when my fingers swell. Since this ring isn''t sizeable I''d like to make sure before purchasing.

Now I did see on the Ritani site that they have a similar style ring as well - http://www.ritani.com/home_html_2.php?stone=all&cat_id=77&gender=women&page=8&get_descr=3RD1068BRTP&metal=platinum&collection=Endless%20Love&matching=band&related=none&nav=&top=jewelry

I''m looking for a wedding band type ring to wear when I don''t feel like all the bling of my wedding set.

Betty

bettyboop

Rough_Rock
Claudia that''s a really pretty bracelet and as you stated earlier, you''ve been watching the items this seller posts so maybe this is it. The seller does offer a return policy if you are not happy with the item so you could purchase it and return it if it''s not too your liking.

Best of luck!

Betty

bettyboop

Rough_Rock

Here''s a quick update ... I did receive the pendant yesterday and it looks great! I did bring it by my local BBB but the lady that was there was not willing to authenticate it for me. She actually told me I''d have to bring it back when they had one of their appraisal shows which wasn''t going to happen until around Valentine''s. I compared it to their pendant and it looked the same. I then stopped by Geoffreys in San Carlos and they verified it was a real diamond in the pendant and the color proximity. Sonny at Geoffreys said I actually got a great deal on Ebay for it. On a side note, I am soooo glad I had my wedding set cleaned at Geoffreys as my diamond was so loose in it''s setting that Sonny said I was very lucky it hadn''t popped out. I''m now definitely going to be stopping by once a month to get my set cleaned and checked out. There''s also a pave ring that Sonny showed me that looked much better than the eternity band style I was originally looking at so now I need to do some research on different pave style rings that I may like to wear as a standalone band on those more casual days.

As for the pendant, I still need to have it appraised so that I can add it to my Chubb policy and I need to get a longer chain as well. All in all ... I''m very happy with my purchase.

Anyone have suggestions of appraisers in the Bay Area to do the appraisal on the pendant? I had my ring appraised by Nancy Stacey but wasn''t sure if there were other local ones.

Thanks!

Betty

widget

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Betty!

I''m definitely impressed...that seller is now on my ebay "favorites" list...
1.gif

widget

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
This seller now has the Ritani 3 stone endless love (I think that''s what it''s called) ring on ebay for 3100 or something. Over 1 ctw. I was tempted by a utopia pearl necklace he had for sale, but don''t have the $$ what with Christmas, new furniture and new car in the works, and my new diamond earring purchase pending.

bettyboop

Rough_Rock
I know this seller also has a 3ct Ritani piece that she hasn''t posted yet so keep you''re eyes open for that to show up. I''ve added them to my favorite sellers list and will be posting my Ebay feedback after the appraisal is done on the pendant tomorrow. I''m still in the hunt for a longer chain and need to pick one up between now and the holiday party that I''m attending next Thursday :) ... more reason to go by all the jewelry stores!

bettyann

Rough_Rock
Hi Betty Boop,
I have bought from this eBay seller (Skandi) and I have found her to sell only authentic, high end pieces. I think there is no need to worry about authenticity.
Enjoy your beautiful pendant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results