shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Material advice...

wjberris

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I haven't been around in a few years, but I got so much help here back then with my engagement/wedding rings, I knew this was the place to come back for more questions... (and I will have more later as we are expecting our first child, and will want to be getting some diamond earrings for my wife! :)

I am in the market for a good quality Masonic ring, and I have found the ring that I want. It is a die stamped and forged ring that will look something like this:

octagonal.jpg

What I need help with is selecting the material... For some reason, I seem to be pretty tough on rings, and so I want the most dent/scratch proof ring that I can get.

Here are the options I have:
9k Yellow Gold
14k Yellow Gold
Titanium
Silver

I have read a little bit about rhodium plating, and it seems that I could order the ring in silver and then bring it to a jeweler (or send it to one here) to have it plated? So if this is a reasonable option, where would rhodium-plated silver fit in the mix.

I could also of course bring the ring in locally for periodic polishing - how would these materials do with periodic polishing, etc?

Thanks for any and all advice - I appreciate it!!!

Best regards,
Bill

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results