shape
carat
color
clarity

Remaking old into new and selling unwanted pieces

summerland

Rough_Rock
If there is such a thing as having too many diamonds....I received a treasure trove of vintage jewelry from my mother and grandmother. Some of the diamonds reflect white and are in old gold settings. Other, newer diamonds reflect a deep slate. Why?

Most of these rings are wedding bands and engagement rings that I want to remake into something I can give to my daughters-- rings, necklace, or....

I want to have some rings resized, but I am worried about the jeweler swapping out diamonds. In my ignorance of jewelry, I would probably not know the difference immediately.

Unfortunately a long while back, my mother took took her diamond wedding ring into a very reputable jeweler (Big name) in San Francisco to be cleaned, and they swapped out her diamonds.

How do I go about this process confidently knowing that the diamonds I bring in will be the diamonds I get back?

Thanks

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
A really nice jeweler plotted out my stone in front of me and let me look through the 'scope to see exactly what he was seeing as he was plotting it out -- all the imperfections and/or inscriptions.

When I picked up my finished ring, I got to view the stone in the 'scope again and compare it to the original plot he'd drawn.

I think they should be plotting it out when they receive the stone, but maybe you can ask for a copy of the diagram and to view it under the 'scope?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Are any of these pieces appraised?

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results