shape
carat
color
clarity

recycle project ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
My mother gave me her ering from her marriage to my dad (they are divorced). I would like to do something with it but I am not sure what. I dont want to spend much $$ on it, but I am taking lessons with a jeweler and he would help me execute it. The stone is a .25 marquise. I looooove marquise set e/w. I was thinking about a DBTY style bracelet. A thin bezel with the stone set e/w on a white gold chain. Thoughts? Do I need more stones? If so, would rounds work? How much should I expect to pay for some leetle ones? I was thinking maybe two 10ish pointers, also in little bezels.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH''s aunt had her MQ made into a pendant (after her divorice). I LOVE the idea of setting it east-west. A bezel or a halo would make it look larger. I am always surprised by how it makes a big difference. I am not sure what the cost would be. I also love sapphire halos if you wanted to do something a little different.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
oooo that sounds lovely. What if you did all marquise by the yard? With .1 marquise?

Found them in the link below. (to give you an idea of melee prices)

http://www.erosgems.com/Productlist.aspx?session=45566&s=diamond*melee&sh=,3,&co=,&gr=,&so=

Marquise by the yard would be very unique. Or maybe, you could alternate with rounds.

Tacori's idea is lovely too. A .25 marquise in a halo east west would make a yummy pendant!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Coati, great link! Thanks!! Would all MQ look funny if they were different sizes? Tacori got me thinking...what about a little pendant e/w in a Tiff. style bezel? Just simple, dainty, on a 16inch chain. Hmmm...thanks ladies!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 4:17:11 PM
Author: Miscka
Coati, great link! Thanks!! Would all MQ look funny if they were different sizes? Tacori got me thinking...what about a little pendant e/w in a Tiff. style bezel? Just simple, dainty, on a 16inch chain. Hmmm...thanks ladies!
I think a bezel would be pretty and could be casual everyday wear too (and of course classic), that might be the way to go if you are looking for a less expensive route (don''t know what your budget is).

I would personal halo it probably... maybe with pink sapphires or diamonds.... droollllllll

You could also make where the necklace threads through (don''t know the right word for it) have more than 2 holes, like 4, so that you could wear it e/w or n/s... just an idea... personally I think I would do e/w halo, that would be different and really pretty.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 4:17:11 PM
Author: Miscka

Your welcome!
I love the idea of a simple pendant. e/w.

To do the bracelet I'd graduate them or something, or go totally freeform with different shapes a la Ninama's Benitoite by the yard idea.

Here's a photo she posted awhile back.

DSBTY1234111.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results