shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions on getting Jewelry cleaned at Jewelry store.

CmartinR1982

Rough_Rock
Trade
So, I sell Jewelry online and I Sold 2 matching vintage 14K eternity rings and before I was going to ship it I stuck it in my ultrasonic cleaner one more time and one ruby came out. I took it to a nice Jewelry place and they only charge me 10 dollars to remount the ruby, which I thought was a great price. I went to pick it up today and it looks like they also cleaned and buffed it, becuase the gold looks almost new which is great but now I have one eternity ring that has a high mirror finish and the other one that doesn't. I asked the lady how much would it be to clean the other ring to make it look like this one and she said $ 20 which confused me, becuase they charged me $10 to remount the stone and they cleaned it.A lot the jewelry I sell I don't have buffed out and super cleaned becuase it's Antique or vintage anyways, but I don't want to ship them out like that. Is $20 dollars the average price for that type of cleaning?

ZachB

Rough_Rock
Most jewelers will clean your jewelry for free, meaning they'll put it in the ultrasonic cleaner and hit it with steam. This generally does a great job. Polishing and buffing isn't always done for free. I'd assume that when they set the stone in the ring the jeweler, out of wanting to provide good customer service, gave you a free cleaning. There may also have been a few marks he/she wanted to polish out due to adjusting the prongs.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jared cleans and polishes all my jewelry for free and it wasn't purchased there.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several jewelry stores have offered to clean my jewelry for free, I normally turn them down.

However, when I bought my Tiffany Fancy Yellow diamond ring, in all the excitement I forgot to check the lab report number with the number on the diamond. So when I went into the San Francisco store to do that (I had bought it from the Carmel CA store), they steam cleaned it first because they said it was filthy :lol:

Just FYI, Tiffany places the # on a bezel facet (must have been 60x versus the 20x that I can read my AGSL number with) instead of the girdle and could not tell me why when asked.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results