shape
carat
color
clarity

Props to 23rd Street Jewelers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure which forum topic this one should go under -

but I just had to post a comment about 23rd Street Jewelers in Santa Monica. They are all the way across the country from me (I found them online through a mention on Pricescope), yet they, and especially Jessica, have provided me with excellent customer service. Better than I have found at most B&M stores in my area!

The background story:

I am looking for a sapphire ring (always am!) & was hoping for a light yellow colored stone. I love the designs I saw on their site so I gave them a call. I imagine it could be really difficult trying to ring shop long distance but not in this case! Jessica has very graciously spent time with me on the phone helping me out with the whole ring search process. She had a ring she thought I might like that wasn''t pictured online. First Jessica mailed me pictures of the ring, then the ring itself so I could have a better look. I felt okay about doing this because Jessica totally assured me that if it wasn''t the ring of my dreams I should just return it. Unfortunately, it turned out that the stone just wasn''t quite the color I was looking for (gorgeous ring - but I can''t own them all!). I did send it back & it was totally hassle free.

Now they are sending me another ring to look at AND I have commissioned them to do some custom work for me. Although the first ring didn''t completely suit me, I was really impressed with the quality of their design & craftmanship. I had no hesitation in sending them a pear cut amethyst stone from my little "hoarde".
1.gif
I am totally confident that they will make a gorgeous ring out of it. Overall they really seem to know what the customer wants and Jessica has gone overboard in trying to help me get it!

I''m really looking forward to getting the new ring to look at tomorrow. (I have a good feeling about this one! Keep your fingers crossed! I''ll let you know how it goes.)

Mostly I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on a store that has been really great to work with!!
36.gif

(Really, I''m not enabling - just sharing!)
31.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
LA, Jessica helped me once on something I was considering and she''s very nice to deal with. Glad you had a good experience! BTW, did you know that the employees there get to wear pieces in the shop, when they''re going out to dinner somewhere nice, or to an event, sort of as walking advertisements? I know! Its enough to almost sign me up!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 4:34:06 PM
Author: surfgirl
LA, Jessica helped me once on something I was considering and she''s very nice to deal with. Glad you had a good experience! BTW, did you know that the employees there get to wear pieces in the shop, when they''re going out to dinner somewhere nice, or to an event, sort of as walking advertisements? I know! Its enough to almost sign me up!
Ok - now I''m moving to California! LOL!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
They have some really nice sapphires- blue, pink, and yellow. ANy guess where they might get their loose stones?

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Squeeeee! Got the ring today and love it! I took it out for a test drive.
9.gif
Now I have to send it back to be sized.
39.gif

I have no idea where they get most of their stones. Some of their rings are made for them by an artist in Switzerland though I think.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2007 12:28:02 PM
Author: Green with Envy
What??? No pics before sending it back???
Oh, my goodness! Has no one told you the rules, LadyAmy?????
6.gif

Now to search for this site.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No pics for us fore you send it back to be sized???? That''s against the rules, LOL!! Can''t wait to see it!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, their pastel colored stone rings are magnificent!!! The settings are really outstanding.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! You guys are hilarious. I''ll get some pictures of it tomorrow.

Just as a teaser you can see it on their website. Go to Gallery of Designs, then rings, then page 5 and it is the ring on the bottom right.

9.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Yes - I sent back the first ring which was a yellow sapphire. But I loved the setting so much I wanted to see the other ring they had in that setting & that is the one I gave directions to before.

Sorry for the confusion & thanks for adding the link!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! Did you get a pearl ring? Or just another stone in that exact same style of setting??

VERY NICE!!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2007 10:40:37 PM
Oh wow! Did you get a pearl ring? Or just another stone in that exact same style of setting??

VERY NICE!!
I did! It''s that exact ring. But I guess you aren''t supposed to post about stones that are of the "p-word" variety so when I post a picture you are only allowed to look at the diamond and platinum setting,....mmmmkay?
2.gif
31.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, this jeweler is amazing! Swooooooooooon!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE their rings!!!!!!

Linda

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, Lady A! I have a honker gem just like that and I''ve no idea what to do with it...PLEASE post photos as soon as you get it. Wonderful!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 7:12:03 PM
Author: surfgirl
Oh man, Lady A! I have a honker gem just like that and I''ve no idea what to do with it...PLEASE post photos as soon as you get it. Wonderful!
Ummm - you could send it to me.
9.gif
31.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Just an update....

I sent the ring back for sizing before I got any pictures taken. But I should have it back some time next week so I''ll post some pictures soon. I miss my ring!!
39.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
You know I''ve got the ring, but I''m not sure if I''m allowed to post about it.
7.gif
I got busted twice for posting about forbidden stones and I don''t want to get myself in trouble again.
38.gif

But the setting is REALLY special and I would love to show it to you guys. I emailed the moderator about showing y''all the setting but haven''t heard back. It''s been quite awhile...So I''m sort of stuck not knowing what to do. Any suggestions?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Lady Amythyst69-

I was in 23rd st today and was talking with the owner. I mentioned PS and she just lite up! She had not been aware of this site... but she was told about the positive feedback Jessica received and she was so PROUD!! It was very sweet. She was also wearing a slightly different version of your exact ring!!! You must have very good taste if out of all the selection- the owner wears that same one as a RHR.
36.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 9:11:49 PM
Lady Amythyst69-

I was in 23rd st today and was talking with the owner. I mentioned PS and she just lite up! She had not been aware of this site... but she was told about the positive feedback Jessica received and she was so PROUD!! It was very sweet. She was also wearing a slightly different version of your exact ring!!! You must have very good taste if out of all the selection- the owner wears that same one as a RHR.
36.gif
Jealous!!!! I would love to be able to go there in person.

I''m glad Jessica is getting her props in real life too - she deserves it. She is working on a ring for me right now actually. I sent her a nearly 10ct pear cut amethyst and they are setting it in a halo setting for me. I can''t wait to see it!

I wore my 23rd St ring today. I actually wear it quite a bit. I think it became an instant favorite. :) Was the one the owner was wearing a very light yellow sapphire? I know they had one like that....

So - did you get anything??
1.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
The owner was wearing the stone that must not be named!!! Or, i guess it is not a stone, but you know what I mean!! It had A LOT of little DIAMONDS all over the setting. Her's looked bigger than the one I saw at the website... but I will have to see yours in that other forum!

They are making earrings for me!!! They will be dangle earrings with stones that I have collected...tanzanite, pink tourmaline, rubellite, with a little diamond accent! I will post in 6-8 weeks under colored stones!!! i am very happy!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Those earrings sound cute cute cute! Can''t wait to see them.

Wow - so she was wearing exactly the same ring - cool! I get lots of comments on mine.
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 3:52:27 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
You know I''ve got the ring, but I''m not sure if I''m allowed to post about it.
7.gif
I got busted twice for posting about forbidden stones and I don''t want to get myself in trouble again.
38.gif

But the setting is REALLY special and I would love to show it to you guys. I emailed the moderator about showing y''all the setting but haven''t heard back. It''s been quite awhile...So I''m sort of stuck not knowing what to do. Any suggestions?
Do you know why we can''t post about them?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I''ve seen all these mentions of 23rd St. jewelers, and an amazing sapphire ring Gypsy posted somewhere, and I was thinking they were located in New York, not Santa Monica! I''m going to have to get my butt over there and check them out. Thanks for posting your experience with them!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2007 4:39:27 PM
Author: risingsun

7.gif
38.gif

Do you know why we can''t post about them?
I think it is because they are man made and you aren''t suposed to post about man made stones here. But that''s just as far as I know...

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2007 10:38:32 PM

Date: 11/10/2007 4:39:27 PM
Author: risingsun

You know I've got the ring, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post about it.
7.gif
I got busted twice for posting about forbidden stones and I don't want to get myself in trouble again.
38.gif

But the setting is REALLY special and I would love to show it to you guys. I emailed the moderator about showing y'all the setting but haven't heard back. It's been quite awhile...So I'm sort of stuck not knowing what to do. Any suggestions?
Do you know why we can't post about them?
I think it is because they are man made and you aren't suposed to post about man made stones here. But that's just as far as I know...
Thanks, LadyA.
17.gif
Also, thanks for posting about this jeweler/designer. Her work is lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results