shape
carat
color
clarity

Procedure for restringing pearls....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I had my cultured pearls restrung because the string part had frayed in one section and just got the back today. But they don''t look anything like they did when I gave them to the jewelry store. They are not in the same order as before. My strand is not graduated, but even within a strand that is mostly all the same size there is some variation in the size & color. Before, they had the bigger ones in the center and then graduated to the slightly smaller ones. Also, the color seemed to flow better. It seems when they were restrung, the person dumped them in a bowl and randomly picked each one to put on the string. Is this normal?

What is the proper procedure for stringing pearls? I am thinking of cutting apart the entire strand & stringing them on embroidery thread in the order I think they should be and giving them back to the store to redo. Would this make sense? What should I have expected from this process? I am really mad right now because I liked the order that they were and it will take me quite awhile to look over each one and reorder them myself.

Sorry for the rant guys!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stinks. Sounds like a lot of work for you. When you gave them your pearls to be restrung did you ask them to restring them in the order that they were in??

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
No, I didn''t think I had to. I thought it was standard when restringing....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results