shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum or Palladium Wedding Band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abefroman

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to decide between a platinum or palladium men''s wedding band.

What are the main differences, besides price?

I know the platinum would be heavier, are there any advantages/disadvantages of that in like a 6mm wide ring?

I type a lot at the computer, would the lighter ring be better for that or will it really not make too many differnce?

TIA

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Platinum one would be considerably heavier (not to mention way more expensive), but if you''d wear it 24/7 after some time you wouldn''t even notice you''re wearing it, regardless of the metal chosen for it. Both metals are great for people prone to allergies (they usually don''t cause any), but in other characteristics they''re pretty much the same, or very close to that. You might, depending on your sensitivity to colors, notice that palladium is a bit darker grey in color, while platinum is a bit more silvery white, so that''s also a matter of preference. Platinum is more rare and that''s also one of the reasons why it''s so expensive.

sdevante

Rough_Rock
Ive also been weighing rings and am leaning towards Palladium, primarily because of cost (for the ring I like, $650 v. $2010).

I''ve heard people say palladium is greyer than platinum, but I''ve also heard women on here say they have a platinum band next to palladium and they look the same.

My only minor concern is that apparently palladium is slightly more reactive to certain chemicals than platinum. However, I dont plan to put my hands into chemical solutions all that often, so I don''t suppose it will be that big of a problem. Lol.

My last piece of advice - platinum scratches like crazy so if that is going to bother you, do not get a band with very large polished areas.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Had a palladium band for a few months, couldn't find a jeweler to size it down in my area. It didn't look like platinum nor white gold next to my 18k white gold e-ring it look gray. This is just my personal opinion though.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I am happy with my palladium band. It does look grayer than platinum, but holds up very well (I am rough on my hands). If money were no object I would go platinum, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results