shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum Diamond Earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

villain189

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thanks to pricescope I was able to pick out the perfect engagement ring a little over a year ago. A platinum solitaire...you can check it out here at the bottom of the thread. Just posted a pic
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/quality-help.13920/

Anyways, my fiance has been hinting that she would love some diamond earrings to wear for the wedding because she really doesn''t have anything that nice to wear for the wedding...so back to Pricescope I go!

They definitely have to be platinum so that they match the e-ring...and I think round cut diamond(s) are a must to match the style of the ring as well.
Price range is around $200-$350...possibly up to $400-$500 if I really like something and "need" to spend that much to get something nice that she can wear for the wedding and a long time afterwards.

I got the e-ring at Whiteflash so naturally that''s the first place I checked out...I found these diamond stud earrings there. What do you guys think of these and what size do women normally get?

http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Expert-Selection-Ready-set-to-GO_822.htm

My fiance is rather petite..and the e-ring is a little over 1 carat.

What do you think of the ones I posted above? And does anyone have any other recommendations?

Was thinking of diamond stud to match the solitaire e-ring but I''m open to suggestions if you have any other ideas!

Thanks again!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) Why platinum?????
2) Does she plan on wearing them frequently after the wedding? If so, bigger ones may not be practical. I''m petite as well, and I think 4-5mm diameter looks good on me.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

The expert selection is a good choice, but with your budget, I''d definetly go with white gold over platinum and get slightly larger stones. Once in the ear, you CANNOT tell the difference between WG and Platinum, but of course, you will be able to tell the difference in diamond size! Even if your GF is petite, you still want to make an impact. I''m petite and my earings are .50 tcw and they look nice and understated.

villain189

Rough_Rock
1) Just thought platinum because the e-ring is platinum...not a jewerly conisseur so I didn''t even think of White Gold. Like the idea though...for earrings I think white gold would be a good option. I will look into that right now!

2) I wouldn''t say she will wear them frequently after the wedding. Probably not to work, probably more on weekends and special events...but I could be wrong!

villain189

Rough_Rock
What do you think of the " Expertly Selected pairs of apprx 0.30ct TW (3.40mm) ideal cut diamonds G SI set in 14K white gold" from Whiteflash Expert Colletion?

This a pretty good choice? Or are there any other vendors I should have a look at?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The WF Expert Selection Ready-Set-Go option is great. From what I understand, the quality is great - hand picked and matched by Brian (the eyes of Whiteflash). Mara (a frequent poster here) saw them in person a while back and said they are fabulous ("arrows shooting all over the place" is one of the ways she described them).

I am only about 5''1" myself, and I think the 4mm range looks great on me - not too big, but "worth it" to have the real thing, if that makes sense.

The 4 prong basket appears to be less expensive, but the 3-prong martinis will droop less so they''ll show off the stones better (IMO). I''d personally recommend the martini settings in white gold.

She may decide that she likes them so much she''ll wear them more often than she thinks she will!

villain189

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice...the Martini''s do look like they show off the diamond nicely.

What do you mean by droop? They are not as heavy so the earring doesn''t droop so much on the ear?

And does anyone know of anywhere I can see the actual size of the different sizes so I can get an idea of what they would look like on the ear?

The .30 carat 4 prong and the .25 carat Martini''s are similarly priced...just was curious to see the difference and if it''s even noticeable and how the setting affect the size differnce. I would think that you shouldn''t notice too much of a difference because the martini setting would show off the diamond more...am I correct?

villain189

Rough_Rock
Question...I was just browsing earrings on the Pricescope Preferred Vendors list and came across these. Seems almost too good to be true but for some reason they have earrings 1/4 carat weight drastically reduced.

Szul - $99
1/4 CTW. Round Solitaire Diamond Stud Earrings in 14k White Gold
Color I-J
Clarity I1-I2

Any opinions on these?

http://www.szul.com/product_details.asp?ProdId=XER0025C1

If you look here...the 1/4 carat are on sale. 1/5 carat is $165 and 1/3 carat is $265. Strange that 1/4 carat is $99...

http://www.szul.com/solitaire_earrings.asp?1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results