shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum chains

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newlyengaged11

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I am looking for a very plain platinum chain (about 16"), in good quality platinum, with a secure clasp (perhaps a lobster clasp), to wear my engagement ring on when I am doing things like gardening, etc.

I''ve looked at a bunch of sites (Whiteflash, Blue Nile, Mondera, etc.) but haven''t been able to find what I am looking for - so I figured I''d turn to the people that know!! I called a store in my area, and was quoted the astronomical price of $550!! How is that possible? What would be a reasonable price for this?

So, if anyone could recommend websites that might be of help so I can order this in the near future, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks a lot . . .

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
platinum is +/- $1000 per ounce now.....

peace, movie zombie

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 11:27:32 PM
Author:newlyengaged11
Hi All,

I am looking for a very plain platinum chain (about 16''), in good quality platinum, with a secure clasp (perhaps a lobster clasp), to wear my engagement ring on when I am doing things like gardening, etc.

I''ve looked at a bunch of sites (Whiteflash, Blue Nile, Mondera, etc.) but haven''t been able to find what I am looking for - so I figured I''d turn to the people that know!! I called a store in my area, and was quoted the astronomical price of $550!! How is that possible? What would be a reasonable price for this?

So, if anyone could recommend websites that might be of help so I can order this in the near future, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks a lot . . .
Did you ever find a plain platinum chain? If you did, let me know from where. I''m looking for one myself.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I am also looking for one and there seems to be a pretty reasonably priced selection at Overstock.com
I've never bought any jewelry from them so as far as quality goes, I'm not sure.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I got a very fine, delicate platinum chain with five small platinum beads spaced out on it from Blue Nile for like $125 or so a couple years ago. It''s so fine it''s almost invisible, which I like. I don''t know whether I''d feel safe wearing my rings on it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results