shape
carat
color
clarity

Paolo Costagli

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,
I just lost my post.
29.gif
The gist of the message is this: I have not bought anything from that website and probably will not. While the gallery has interesting pieces, their colour combination of pink and blue, green and pink, blue and green seem more like fun jewellery rather than serious and elegant. I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 9:50:16 AM
Author: Chrono
Harriet,
I just lost my post.
29.gif
The gist of the message is this: I have not bought anything from that website and probably will not. While the gallery has interesting pieces, their colour combination of pink and blue, green and pink, blue and green seem more like fun jewellery rather than serious and elegant. I guess it depends on what you are looking for.
Copying your post before submitting alleviates the absolute frustration you're feeling right now. Then if you lose it, just start over and paste.

Been there, learned my lesson.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's more to Paolo's inventory than what's on his site. His stones are wonderful, as is his craftsmanship.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I see that he does not sell via website... just as a few examples of portfolio. Some I like... some I do not care for. Here in USA it seems most non-ps'ers only know red ruby, green emerald, and blue sapphires.... plus throw in a birthstone or two.

I think interesting use of colored stones in his unique ways are very forward thinking and out of the box. the colors just have to "MOVE YOU" and some to me just look wrong. But others take my breath away! I like the orange ring with pink and I NEVER thought I would... I also like the blue cabachon ring, and the drop earrings with pink flower look on top and bottom green bruillete. So fresh!

These pieces can be with jeans... or stunning black dress. Stones look high quality and well set with lots of personality.

You can be our guinea pig, harriet!!! Buy somthing and share the positive or negative! What you thinking of getting???

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooowow... yummy.

Care to bid, anyone?

(Bonhams auction)

<Sale 15424 - Fine Jewelry, 17 Dec 2007
Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco

Lot No: 626
A mandarin garnet, diamond and platinum ring, Paolo Costagli

Centering a square emerald-cut spessartite garnet, weighing 7.04 carats, flanked by triangular-cut diamonds, shoulders set with round brilliant-cut diamonds; signed PC for Paolo Costagli.

Estimate: $8,000 - 10,000[/i]

erez.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2007 10:16:24 AM
Author: Ellen

Harriet,
I just lost my post.
29.gif
Copying your post before submitting alleviates the absolute frustration you're feeling right now. Then if you lose it, just start over and paste.

Been there, learned my lesson.
2.gif
Ellen,
I do that most of the time but sometimes when I am tired, I forget. Then WHAMMO, it happens.
39.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2007 9:47:23 PM
Author: Ninama
Ooooowow... yummy.

Care to bid, anyone?

(Bonhams auction)

<SALE Dec 17 Jewelry, Fine - 15424 2007
Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco

Lot No: 626
A mandarin garnet, diamond and platinum ring, Paolo Costagli

Centering a square emerald-cut spessartite garnet, weighing 7.04 carats, flanked by triangular-cut diamonds, shoulders set with round brilliant-cut diamonds; signed PC for Paolo Costagli.

Estimate: $8,000 - 10,000[/i]
Now THAT one I would get.
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 1:04:46 PM
Now THAT one I would get.
30.gif
Wowee...me too!
18.gif

Harriet: I''ve noticed Paolo Costagli pieces in Sothebys Magnificent Jewels sales for years...so I guess he must be ''well thought of''.

I got to the point where I could recognize his stuff simply by the unusual mating of different colored gemstones. I never cared for any of them until I saw that Mandarin above
30.gif

widget

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
There is a lovely peridot with pink side stones that is often advertised in Town and Country mag...I''ve always thought it was very pretty though I''m not a huge mixed color stones fan. Why not go to his atelier in NY and check it out?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Harriet,
I just lost my post.
29.gif
Wow, I am somewhat surprised by this response Chrono, but I suppose it''s a matter of taste.

I always like to think elegant and simple, but something about Costagli''s work is just impressive. I have viewed many of his pieces both in store and auction. He truly has an eye for color and a designer''s talent that is somewhat unparalleled no a days. In the US, the market for goods and designs are quite different than in Europe. I have to say that perhaps it''s an American taste difference that leaves him to collectors and Costagli fanatics instead of on every shelf in mass replication. he is known in the luxury jewlery world as innovative and exciting. His clients share the same vision.

I would say the best part of Costagli''s work is that he is a very Italian designer. And like the work of Verdura, Yard or Seaman Schepps, etc... the deisgns are bold, bright and exciting. It''s for a different client, not the one who buys "safe jewlery" by far. It''s for the client who wants to distinguish their pieces with a signature look of Costagli, but nothing mass marketed like T&Co. Unique yet identifiable. Alive and as Harriet said, excellent craftsmanship. Truly.

If you haven''t seen his work, I do suggest taking a look. I''m not one for modern, but craftsmanship and art (whether I like it or not) is appreciated on another level. This happens to be one designer I wouldn''t miss. I can''t imagine what our museums all over the world would be like if Impressionists or Picasso didn''t decide to paint "differently..."

(His silverwork is impressive as well. Auctions often have home decor elements in silver and conch, and the like)

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 9:31:16 PM
Author: Green with Envy
I see that he does not sell via website... just as a few examples of portfolio. Some I like... some I do not care for. Here in USA it seems most non-ps''ers only know red ruby, green emerald, and blue sapphires.... plus throw in a birthstone or two.

I think interesting use of colored stones in his unique ways are very forward thinking and out of the box. the colors just have to ''MOVE YOU'' and some to me just look wrong. But others take my breath away! I like the orange ring with pink and I NEVER thought I would... I also like the blue cabachon ring, and the drop earrings with pink flower look on top and bottom green bruillete. So fresh!

These pieces can be with jeans... or stunning black dress. Stones look high quality and well set with lots of personality.

You can be our guinea pig, harriet!!! Buy somthing and share the positive or negative! What you thinking of getting???
I think Harriet would be best suited sourcing out stones for Paolo... I am still working on getting her from one side of the counter to the other side... Lawyer...pshaw!
31.gif
28.gif

Harriet, I say you have Paolo make you something tasty. Maybe a little pick me up gift? I''ll even go with you!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
For gem lovers, Paolo's work is a must-see. He's a perfectionist with respect to colour and cut. I'm all for simplicity, but do not find his aesthetic gaudy by any means.

Nicrez dear,
I love my job.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results