shape
carat
color
clarity

Palladium question - Stamp?

sdevante

Rough_Rock
I just received my palladium wedding band today from Abazias. To be honest, their level of service leaves me a little queasy, so maybe I''m over thinking this, but:

I specifically asked them prior to ordering if their palladium rings were 950 palladium. They said yes.

However, the ring is stamped "Unique PLD." So far as I can tell, palladium is usually stamped PD or PALL and bears the 950 afterwards.

Is this just a case of the lack of a developed standard, or should I be concerned that I did not receive exactly what I thought I was ordering?

(FWIW there are slight differences between the online picture and the received ring, so maybe the fact that I am bummed about that is making me over think things as well, lol)

Thanks!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I think it may just be the lack of standardized markings for palladium, or even golds mixed with palladium alloys.

I have two 18k white gold rings that are alloyed with palladium....and they came marked "Palladium" in script writing rather than marked with the usual 18k. When I asked the vendor about it (a well known vendor around here) he confirmed they were 18k and he could re-stamp it if I wanted...but they marked them with the palladium as it is a bit more of a specialty alloy, it is the more rare metal, and to signal it requires different care than regular 18k. They have since been confirmed as 18k when I went into a jeweler for other reasons.

So, I guess what I am saying is...you might just want to contact them and confirm OR take it to a local jeweler who may be able to tell you.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My palladium ring is stamped PD950. I have no idea if there is a standard format for palladium stamping.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results