shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval vs Round, matching jewelry ettiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mortepa

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of finding a matching set of Peridot for my wife for Christmas...and had some questions.

Is it proper to have round stud earrings, a round solitaire ring, but have an oval solitaire pendant? The reason I ask is that I found a great oval pendant which has a nice stone...but not sure of the ettiquette of matching jewelry. Should I go round or oval, or does it not matter at all?

Can you all help a fella out?

Thanks much,
Paul

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey paul,
the rules are...there are no rules.
2.gif
if you find something that she will love, get it. life would be quiet boring if everything matched perfectly.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matching jewelry etiquette you say?
2.gif

It is quite easy:

"- Oval, meet Round.

Oval: Hi!

- Round, meet Oval.

Round: Howdy! Oh, my, you are the tallest fellow I've ever met!"

Nothing to it!

mortepa

Rough_Rock
Yeah, good point Belle. Thank-you for your input...and valeria101 too! I will just go for it, especially since the oval pendant has a better looking stone than the round does. This is gonna be so fun!

These photos aren't the "actual" items, but the jewelry is very similar to the pieces below. I just like to visualize it before buying. That is part of the enjoyment of it all! :)

B00027CP8Q.01-A2A6JOEZGHN2ZP._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B00027COSM.01-A2A6JOEZGHN2ZP._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0000AZ0ZR.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0006G0WBK.01-A2A6JOEZGHN2ZP._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only etiquette "guidelines" would be not mixing different types of gemstones and colors. Diamonds+blue sapphire, ok. Diamonds+blue sapphire+emerald, no.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/28/2005 10:53:39 PM
Author: JulieN
The only etiquette ''guidelines'' would be not mixing different types of gemstones and colors. Diamonds+blue sapphire, ok. Diamonds+blue sapphire+emerald, no.
2.gif

There are famous styles depending on mixed gem colors. Not just the outrageous (below) but wearable modern pieces too.

It may be more difficult to mix colors than just use one - much like it is for dressing, but few would just get clad in the same color top to toe
20.gif

You would find mixed in just about every jewelry line, including very well know designer names that (say, Stephem Webster, De Vroomen).

I am trying to be contrary. There''s so much diversity out there that everything can be found except rules, I suppose.

TFC.JPG

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I waer mixed shape perdot and i love the contrast!! :)

peridotringearringstrey.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
one more, on..

peridotringearringstrey2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results