shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on these ebay earrings??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I am in the process of trying to find earrings for my wedding. I came across these earrings on ebay and think they''re fantastic. I''m torn, however, about whether to spend this much on a pair of earrings I can''t wear everyday. I went shopping yesterday at some very high end stores in Seattle (Turgeon and Raine, Foxes, Alvin Goldfarb) and fell in love with several different pieces. The prices, however, are just mind-boggling. $2600 for 18 kt white gold earrings with .48 cttw of tiny, little diamonds and a white topaz briolette. Yikes.

Anyway, here is the description from the ebay listing:

This is an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS ESTATE ITEM ..... A PAIR OF DIAMOND EARRINGS that were made in the ART DECO style from PLATINUM. The earrings are set with 2 FULL CUT DIAMONDS of the I/SI quality that weigh approx. .55 ctw., along with 146 FULL CUT DIAMNDS of H/VS-SI quality that weigh approx. 1.40 ctw. WHITE & BRIGHT DIAMONDS....BEAUTIFUL SPARKLE! The total diamond weight is approx.1.95 ctw. The earrings measure 1 1/2" long by 11/16" at the widest point. The total weight is 7.1 grams. A RARE FIND...FABULOUS SETTING....JUST STUNNING! Very finely made and in exellent condition.

The starting bid is $2800. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I''m still waiting to hear back from the seller whether she will accept returns. If not, they''re not even an option. I can''t imagine spending this much on something I can''t return!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
They are really pretty and look like they might be worth a chance...but I am soooo with you--if they don''t accept returns (and they MUST accept PayPal/credit cards for the buyer protection too), forgettaboutit!
2.gif
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they''re beautiful, but I''d only get them if you can return them if you don''t like them. What is the sellers rating? Customer satisfaction etc.. I''m a little leary of ebay, but some people have gotten great buys so i guess it''s buyer beware! They are gorgeous earrings though! Good luck!
1.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t comment on quality or price, but I do think they are beautiful
1.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Well...I bought them!!! They were $2600 and the seller said that I can return them if they are not what I expected. Seems like the most I''ll lose is $40 for shipping both ways. Of all the earrings I''ve seen, they are the most beautiful. It''s more than I wanted to spend, but I do love them. Do you think this is a decent price given the above description. I don''t know why the picture I originally posted has been deleted, but I''m attaching another one.

weddingearrings.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, Congrats!
36.gif
30.gif
Can''t wait to see them in your possession!
3.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Is the ebay vendor Melonypino? These earrings seem "familiar" to me--I believe I''ve drooled over them a milllion times on that site (if I am not mistaken). At any rate, I LOVE LOVE
emlove.gif
them and they''ll be beautiful on you.

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you bought them, they''re just stunning!! Can''t wait to see more pics.
36.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Incredible earrings!! Can''t wait to see them
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Yup, they are from Melony Pino. I really like her collection. I was actually debating between these and another pair from Fay Cullen (picture attached). The FC earrings were $2,000 more and seem like they might be a bit too large. I like the rose-cut diamonds, though, and the bow. Really unique. Anyway, I''m really excited to get my earrings and actually try them on! I hope they''re not too heavy. They look like they''re really tugging on the woman''s ear in the picture. Anyway, I''m glad you all like them and I''ll let you know how they turn out when I get them.

bow earrings.jpg

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
OOohhhh Demelza!!!
30.gif
emlove.gif
30.gif

Your new earrings are Scrumptious!!!
face23.gif

Just lovin'' them from way over here!

Wear them with much happiness!

Congrat''s!
36.gif

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! They look fantastic!!
4.gif

Hmmm - now plotting how I can justify a pair ..........
27.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are lovely demelza! do you still have them? or have they found a new home in the last year since you got them?
20.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
They are lovely!! So the Fay Cullen''s were $2000 MORE than the eBay earrings? Actually, I like the eBay earring design better -- more classic I think.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Since this is an old thread, and I don''t keep up with everything here, I am curious: Demelza, did you get married yet, and if so, did you wear these beautiful earrings?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ARGH another old thread! Calgon!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed this the first time around so I am curious to know whether in the last year Demelza kept them and wore them to the wedding or not! Spill it Dem!
2.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 4:35:33 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I missed this the first time around so I am curious to know whether in the last year Demelza kept them and wore them to the wedding or not! Spill it Dem!
2.gif

Just saw this thread! I don''t frequent this forum often, but Mara mentioned that this thread was revived so I hopped on over. Yes, I did buy the earrings from Ebay and they turned out to be really gorgeous and very well made. I took them to my jeweler who was very impressed with the quality. I wore them at my wedding in June 2005 and now they''re sitting in my jewelry box. Haven''t worn them since and don''t know when I''ll wear them again. I''ve toyed with the idea of putting them back up on Ebay since I don''t have much use for such fancy earrings and they were quite pricey, but they''re so pretty and I do have some sentimental attachment to them. I know I''ll wear them again some day and remember the happy occasion for which they were purchased. I''ll take a picture and post if you''re interested.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore everything about them - so if you get the chance or the inclination, I would love to see more pics!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 3:31:54 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I adore everything about them - so if you get the chance or the inclination, I would love to see more pics!!

Well, if you insist on twisting my arm, I suppose I could post a few pics.

They were actually kind of hard to take pictures of for some reason. The pave work is really fine and they sparkle like mad in the sunlight. The larger center stone is okay quality, not great, but I''m not sure how much it matters on earrings like these.

Anyway, these are the best I could do.

weddingearri0001_2.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are just beatiful dem! so very intricate looking... i hope you get a chance to wear them again.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are nothing short of stunning! You''ll have to come up with some fancy dinners or something so that those babies can see the light of day! Just g
30.gif
rgeous.
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes dem wear them out to sushi!! hehe...

you will have to send them to me otherwise!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 6:41:02 PM
Author: Mara
yes dem wear them out to sushi!! hehe...

you will have to send them to me otherwise!

Yes, Mara. I''ll be sure to wear them the very next time I eat sushi. You can be sure that will be any day now, hehe.

I like the idea of renting them out. 100 bucks a night! I''ll make my money back in no time!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Demelza dear, they are just perfect and so intricate! I would love to see an earshot sometime when you have a chance! Thanks in advance!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are very pretty. they remind me of a pair of cathy carmendy earring I saw at pearlmans. You absolutely must find some place to wear them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results