shape
carat
color
clarity

New wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Some of you may remember me posting about wanting to get my wedding ring resized so it fit better. But after thinking about it long and hard, I think I am just going to get a completely different band. DH said, "You know I'd do whatever makes you happy," so he's fine with it. The one I have is 6mm and I have short fingers, which makes it really uncomfortable. My finger has these weird indents from the ring and I am always fiddling with it because it doesn't feel good. The vendor doesn't make this band in a smaller width, so I will have to get something else. I know I don't want white gold, and I am fairly positive I want platinum. I love antique bands, and would like a replica that is about 2mm wide, preferably with SOME type of design on it. However, I am concerned that the design will rub off over the years... I am determined to get this ring right this time around and I don't want to change my wedding ring again after this because it will be a first anniversary gift. Does anyone have any good websites or other threads I could look at? I know there have to be some threads on this, but I can't find them... or perhaps someone out there has other suggestions? Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it!

ETA: I also don't want diamonds in it, as I wear my wedding band all the time... gosh I'm picky, lol!

*M*

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
One idea...

Classic, right width, right price... yet maybe too plain for my antique-y taste?

plain platinum band.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe... but perhaps a little rough around the edges? I love this designer though... Goodness, I need to write my paper!

milgraine platinum band.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 11:14:31 PM
Author: poptart
Maybe... but perhaps a little rough around the edges? I love this designer though... Goodness, I need to write my paper!
oooh who is the designer of the 2nd ring ... me likey..

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the one with the beading or milgrain in the center...the second one...

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 11:27:57 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 3/5/2007 11:14:31 PM

Author: poptart

oooh who is the designer of the 2nd ring ... me likey..

Caleb Meyers... linky - http://www.calebmeyer.com/caleb-meyer-custom-jewelry.html

*M*

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I am also addicted to Van Craeynest, but don't know if they would make these in platinum for me. I'd have to call and ask.

vancrayenest1.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poptart, he is from Philly! Are you local?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 11:38:30 PM
Author: diamondfan
Poptart, he is from Philly! Are you local?

Sigh... no... or else I would be at his shop TOMORROW MORNING, lol!

*M*

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Another Van Craeynest: it doesn''t want to post the picture, so here''s the link http://www.vancraeynest.com/bangle.html

*M*

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can take a look see for you
2.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 11:49:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
I can take a look see for you
2.gif
Thanks!
1.gif

*M*

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
bump!

I think I have narrowed it down and it seems that the things I lean toward getting have delicate engraving on the outside and look more vintage. The only thing is, does anyone know of B&M stores that have platinum bands similar to these in their stores? I am having trouble finding any, and I would like to be able to see the ring and try it on before I by it. We ordered the first ring online, and I''ve had sizing and width issues, so I don''t want to try that route again. Here''s what I''m leaning toward.

Doyle and Doyle

http://www.tias.com/9207/PictPage/1923060391.html

http://www.tias.com/9207/PictPage/1922973223.html

http://www.tias.com/9207/PictPage/1922876135.html

http://www.tias.com/9207/PictPage/1922876133.html

and this is from Marlene Harris

sigh... there are too many choices.

*M*

Marlene Harris Band.jpg

griffiam

Rough_Rock
poptart,

There are too many choices! It''s overwhelming. I don''t know what city you''re in/near, but I''m in metro Detroit, and there are several jewelry stores in the area that carry estate jewelry. We also have a great local auction house (Dumouchelles). If you have similar options near you, that would probably be the way to go if you want the type of band you''re seeing at Doyle & Doyle. It requires more legwork, but the search is part of the fun! But for whatever it''s worth, I love-love-love the Van Craeynest pieces. Sigh. Sooo pretty.

I also have to say that I love your avatar -- that is one cool kitty! Tell him/her I said "Sup!"

griffiam

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 4:02:10 PM
Author: griffiam
poptart,

There are too many choices! It''s overwhelming. I don''t know what city you''re in/near, but I''m in metro Detroit, and there are several jewelry stores in the area that carry estate jewelry. We also have a great local auction house (Dumouchelles). If you have similar options near you, that would probably be the way to go if you want the type of band you''re seeing at Doyle & Doyle. It requires more legwork, but the search is part of the fun! But for whatever it''s worth, I love-love-love the Van Craeynest pieces. Sigh. Sooo pretty.

I also have to say that I love your avatar -- that is one cool kitty! Tell him/her I said ''Sup!''

griffiam
Thanks for your suggestions! I live on the East Coast, but what I really really want is a Doyle and Doyle type engraved band that is new and not estate... I just don''t know if that''s possible.

*M*

PS. I''m glad you like the kitty! He''s not mine, but sure is adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results