shape
carat
color
clarity

New Necklace for my Antique-Style Pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I just received this new "diamonds by the yard" type necklace and thought it would work well with my pendant. I think I need to have it permanently attached to the chain because it moves around quite a bit due to the large bail and does not stay centered between the stations of the necklace. Any other suggestions?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any ideas but I have got to say that is one gorgeous necklace (love the alternating shapes) not to mention that vintage looking pendant!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow Giada! That pendant is gorgeous, and so is the chain! They''re perfect together!

I don''t have any suggestions. I hope someone comes up with one...

Hmm, I''d almost put up with the sliding if no ''convertible'' solution exists. That chain is so lovely it''s ashame to commit it permanently to one pendant, no matter how lovely it is. (and it is!!!
30.gif
) Oh, I dunno...I may be off, here..

Anyway, it''s beyond stunning!

widget

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is truly stunning giada!
30.gif

i love, love, love it!

is there an easy way that you could change the bail? that seems less intrusive than making a permanent attachment to that beautiful chain.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I kinda like the DBY solo! Have you worn it that way at all? So understated & gorgeous!

I *almost* think the two together is "too much". But I''m a wuss ...

widget

Ideal_Rock
OK...here''s a CRAZY thought:

How about replacing the bale with a smaller, "pearl enhancer" kind of thing, and lining it with a smidge of VELCRO to discourage sliding?

(...told you it was crazy!
19.gif
)

widget

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh so sweeeetttttt!

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t have any suggestions for you but I just wanted to say how incredibly gorgeous your pendant and chain is!!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the compliments!

I do actually like to wear the chain alone to work. Deco, you''re correct, it is a bit too much for day/work to wear the pendant. I do like the pendant and chain together on evenings out.

I may have to just live with the sliding so that I do have the option of wearing the chain alone.

I will get some neck shots this weekend.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Giada, that necklace and pendant are beautiful!!

I wonder if there''s any way for a jeweler to make some kind of "clasp/clamp" on the back of the pendant, so you could lock it in place on the necklace when you wanted, but still be able to wear the necklace alone.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 8:45:24 AM
Author: Giada
I do actually like to wear the chain alone to work. Deco, you''re correct, it is a bit too much for day/work to wear the pendant. I do like the pendant and chain together on evenings out.
That''s TRULY the best of both worlds. I hope the pearl enhancer claspything idea works!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Okay, dumb question...what exactly is a pearl enhancer? Any pics?

Thanks!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love them together...Or apart for that matter!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 8:58:22 PM
Author: Miranda
Beautiful! I love them together...Or apart for that matter!

I agree; gorgeous!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have your jeweler take the bail and make it have a snap that can fit over the chain. That's what an enhancer is. It opens in the back, snaps down over a chain, pearls etc.. If you do a search in the thread Grab a snack, take a seat you'll see my DBTY and enhancer....
Gorgeous necklace!!! Love it!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Giada - Gorgeous! You actually inspired me to go and look at some DBY type chains yesterday when I was on Jeweler''s Row. I definitely want one--I just need to find a pendant (or three!) go to on it first!

What about a V-shaped bale that would straddle the round bezeled diamond? That way it wouldn''t be permanently attached but it would probably stay put pretty well since it would be weighing down the chain in a way that wouldn''t slide around.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d really like to have a DBY necklace made where there is no center stone so that pendants can hang from that spot.

I love your new chain just as a stand-alone piece!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, many of the ones I saw yesterday had the stones set so that there was none opposite the clasp.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH Giada, I love them together. How lucky you are. Just stunning!!!!!!!!

Linda

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
If you permanately attach the pendant you may have to take out the center bezel set round stone to look symmetrical. If you are Ok with that go for it! Otherwise it looks just fine it is - it has a lot of character!

Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results