shape
carat
color
clarity

New Earrings From Old Pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a diamond pendant .33 tcw that I wasn''t wearing. I''ve been looking for some small dangle diamond earrings in WG and didn''t really like anything I saw so I decided to get the pendant made in to earrings. The pendant had 2 three stone triangles at the bottom of 2 shanks. The jeweler cut off the triangles and put them on leverbacks. They look pretty nice. Each of the 6 diamonds would be about .06 carats. Pretty small but just the size I was looking for to go with my original ering now pendant. I think they are prefect to wear with the pendant as the pendant only has about .20 tcw in it.

Sorry the earring picture isn''t great. I am also copying in a picture of the pendant to wear them with.

mcnewpend.JPG

dangleerrings.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This shows one on my ear. They are nice, sparkly diamonds.

danglecloseJPG.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great idea. I''ve been looking for a pair of drop diamond earrings, but everything was way out of my budget. These look substantial enough without being overwhelming for everyday wear. Thanks!!

BTW- I love them! (as if you couldn''t tell!)
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look terrific!! What a great idea!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, they are soooo lovely!!! They look perfect
30.gif
YAY!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, somethingshiny. I was finding earrings with about .10 to .15 tcw and they were $300 or $400 and the diamonds weren’t very nice. I wanted something simple to wear everyday. The jeweler charged me $80 for the parts and labor so I think I got a great deal.

Thank you Kaleigh and Skippy. I am constantly changing and remaking jewelry I already own.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Green With Envy.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 4:36:04 PM
Author: somethingshiny
That''s a great idea. I''ve been looking for a pair of drop diamond earrings, but everything was way out of my budget.
Me too, darn that Alj and her awesome leverbacks.

This was a great recycle!!! I should rummage through my jewelry too...
27.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 1:03:57 PM
Author: FireGoddess

darn that Alj and her awesome leverbacks.

Mwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh-hahahahahhhaa
27.gif

Just for FG......
11.gif

0707alear5.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and Marcy....GREAT recycle idea. They look Fabulous, and that''s a GREAT way to get a lot of presence for little $$.

Love the idea of using small melee to build up presence.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

Your earrings are adorable. What a great idea. I love them. Now I have to look through my old jewelry
9.gif

Linda

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

They look great!

cheers--Sharon

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 1:14:33 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 10/29/2007 1:03:57 PM
Author: FireGoddess

darn that Alj and her awesome leverbacks.
Mwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh-hahahahahhhaa
27.gif

Just for FG......
11.gif
Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....I think my wallet actually jumped out of my purse and over the balcony. Committed suicide, poor thing. However, my eyes are bulging and heart is racing just at the sight of those beauties!!! I can always buy another wallet. One that''s not so....squeamish and short sighted.
27.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone. Yes, Alj, your beautiful dangle diamonds started me down this path. I like to recycle jewelry!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, verrrry purty Marcy! I like!

come to think of it, I DO have some old rings containing melee that could be used in a recycling project...and I HAVE been coveting some diamond pave huggie earrings...hmmm. You are one bad influence, girl!
11.gif
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, sorry to start you thinking about this but your diamond pave huggies sound adorable. I''m glad you like my little project.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Love them! Seriously, what a great idea... they turned out perfect!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Poshpepper.

Linda, did you find any old jewelry you want to recycle?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I can''t get those earrings out of my head.

I''ve taken an inventory of stuff I don''t wear: two diamond heart necklaces (like melee), 1/5 tcw earrings, 1/3 tcw earrings, 7/8 tcw earrings, .10 diamond ring. And, four 3 point baguettes, eight 1.5 point rb. What can be made from this stuff?? they are all about the same color and match nicely.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Somethingshiny, can you post pictures of your collection maybe that will help us come up with some ideas? It sounds like you have a lot of diamonds there to work with. I know I couldn''t be happier with how my earrings turned out.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/30/2007 8:58:16 AM
Author: marcyc
Monarch, sorry to start you thinking about this but your diamond pave huggies sound adorable. I''m glad you like my little project.
Nah, don''t be sorry...just one of those things that''s been lurking in the back of my mind for many years and your thread is kind of drawing the thought closer to the front burner so to speak! I have several rings and pendants with small melee in them that aren''t necessarily great quality diamonds, but would be usable in a project like earrings, soooo....maybe I will get started on that in the new year, or at least price out what it would cost to put them together using all new materials vs. recycled, I guess.

Or maybe one of these days I''ll hit 10k posts, lol! (Ok, so that may be YEARS from now!)
3.gif
2.gif
35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy, i L
30.gif
VE your new trinity earrings! what a great project!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 1:03:22 AM
Author: marcyc
Hi Somethingshiny, can you post pictures of your collection maybe that will help us come up with some ideas? It sounds like you have a lot of diamonds there to work with. I know I couldn''t be happier with how my earrings turned out.

I''ll try to take some pics, but my macro''s not great. Also, I don''t know how to collage the pics so I don''t have 12 different posts with one photo.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Belle. I am glad you like them.

Somethingshiny; I posted some ideas on your link. Have fun designing some new jewelry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results