shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help deciding!!

kberrie22

Rough_Rock
Hello,

My bf and I are having an engagement ring designed for me by a local designer here where I live and it has come to the point where I need to decide whether or not I want a euro shank or a round shank. The basic design of my ring is a three stone (called a nestled three stone setting because of how low it is set) with leaves that will be on the band and the leaves will have diamond cutting on them to make them sparkle too. The whole ring will be in white gold and the only thing different about the two wax molds (this designer uses a CAD machine to cut out his designs before making a cast) is that one of them has a squared off bottom (the euro shank version). I am worried that with such an organic design that the almost geometric shape of the euro shank will make the ring look rediculous and un natural to look at. I just dont want to end up with a ring that looks not "quite right" off my finger, but with that said I am willing to go with the euro shank (because it does look very beautiful) if it prevents spinning, and keeps my ring from rolling and poss. sustaining damage to the sides of the ring (the leaves). Any advice on which shank I should choose would be very helpful as I have to decide once and for all by tomorrow. Thanks! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results