shape
carat
color
clarity

My Vintage Charm Bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Charm bracelets never caught my eye until I came across the Show Me Your Traditional Charm Bracelets thread. After drooling over everyone''s beautiful bracelets, I started to browse whatever information related to it online. I also borrowed a book called The Charm of Charms from my local library. I spent hours on ebay to look for ideas. It becomes my new obsession. At first, I planned to start a bracelet with antique charms (mostly watch fobs and slides from the watch chain) because of my love for antique jeweleries. Then I fell in love with vintage mechanical charms. I really like the cute tiny charms with movable parts. After I won a vintage 18k starter bracelet on ebay, I bought 5 charms within a month. They are from ebay, pawn shop, and estate sales.

Here''s the starter bracelet.

IMG_1937.JPG

fafa

Shiny_Rock
I bought this charm from a British seller. It was attached to a session of a 3" long gold chain. I guess it was part of a watch chain years ago. It has a stamp "15" on it. The ball charm was tested to be at least 14k. I really like the old gold look on this charm. The color is more rosy than the other 14k charms on my bracelet. I don''t know what to do with the chain though. My jeweler said she can cast it and make a necklace for me. I may do that some day in the future.

IMG_2091a.JPG

fafa

Shiny_Rock
A close up shot to show the details of this charm. The ball is about 1/2". I really admire the workmanship in the old days.

IMG_2109a.JPG

fafa

Shiny_Rock
This 14k cuckoo clock is too cute to pass. The weights slide up and down and the pendulum swings. The best part is that it cost me less than $40.
31.gif

IMG_2059a.JPG

fafa

Shiny_Rock
When I was young, I thought riding ferris wheel with my lover is romantic. For some reason, I forgot about it when I was dating and my husband is afraid of height. I think my childhood dream will never come true. Whenever I see this charm, it reminds me of my silly thought as a child.

This 14k charm has spinning wheel and flipping seats. Most of the enamel on the seats were gone except the red one.

IMG_2497a.JPG

fafa

Shiny_Rock
As a stay at home mom who cooks on a daily basis, I think this 18k house charm suits me very well. The house opens to show a pot hanging in the middle. The pot swings when I move. Love the detailed gold work on this charm.

IMG_2652a.JPG

fafa

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to add some color to my bracelet and I found this little charm around St. Patrick''s day. It is 14k. The enamel is transparent. I don''t know if this is the right word to describe the shine on it. The vines and part of the leaves are in deeper green.

This is the last charm for now. I will continue to collect charms with a slower pace. Otherwise, I will be broke very soon. Anyway, my hunt for these charms was very enjoyable. It''s my mission to look for quality charms at a bargain in the future.

IMG_2594a.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fafa-Your bracelet is really unique. It is clear that from the beginning you have been searching for only the most special charms...and that you have succeeded in your search! I love the movement; the hidden inner parts; and the detail of the charms you have found. I love the house with the pot inside and the ferris wheel, but my favorite is the magnificent cukoo clock! The detail on that is really incredible. They don't make charms like that anymore! Thank you so much for starting a thread!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
34.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous charms and an awesome bracelet, fafa! Thanks for the pictures.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
your choice of bracelet and charms really make a beautiful combination!This is my favorite link for a charm bracelet.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful, fafa. It is comforting to know that someone else has been bitten by the charm bug. I love what you have collected. Please keep us posted as you find more goodies.

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Thank you AGBF, Fly Girl, jewelerman, Gayletmom, Maevie, and Rachel9 for all the nice words. I have so much fun working on this on-going project.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness fafa, it looks fantastic! I can't wait to see what else you add to your already gorgeous bracelet! The charms you already have are awesome
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results