shape
carat
color
clarity

Mokume gane?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OldBride

Rough_Rock
Is anyone familiar with this technique? I''ve not seen mokume gane rings in person, just photos on line, but I think they''re beautiful, and woud make a nice wedding band for my fiance.

Any other suggestions for a man''s wedding band and where to purchase same?
Thanks
Deborah

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t really know where to buy one online, but my friend Josh has a beautiful Mokume Gane ring as his wedding band. I love it. It is gold on the edges, the inner part is a swirl of silver, gold, white, and rose colored metal. Sooooooo gorgeous.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There have been a few mukume gane makers mentioned around here and there are a few rings like that acquired by Pricescopers and talked about. If not done already, it is worth searching the forum for thehandful of refferences.

I can't quite remember who is making them among the jewelers posting here: Boonerings does make Ti rings with mokume inlays and David Emslie does mokumeganerings (see his website).

How wider will the ring be ? I've seen mokumegane with as much as 5-6 different colors, but if the pattern is too dense you can't quite make up what is going on on a narrow ring.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any personal experience with them, but I like to look at the rings on www.krikawa.com

Good luck in your search & please let us know what you find!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the place I got my anniversary ring from does this work, it''s one of the main things they do (Goldworks, Chapel Hill). They have a website but are not an internet dealer.
From seeing their pieces there is a whole variety of patterns that can be made using this technique. They are kind of like "one of a kind" pieces.
Good luck on your search!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband''s is a mokume gane ring from boonerings.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results