shape
carat
color
clarity

MikeRato1, my first jalbrecht drawing of fiance''s ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Hey Mike! This one is for us. Since we seem to have the same sensebility and we are both looking for bands I thought I would share the process I am in right now.

My fiance wants a white metal of any sort simple band. That is all well and good, but I want to add my own twist on it. Since the kretchmer polarium bands are out of the question, I have moved on.

He''s a techy sort of guy and I wanted to add a little bit of movement to his ring. These are J Albrecht''s inital drawings for me. I absolutely love them! The problem is though that my fiance is tremendously worried about comfort. JA told me that because of the height of this ring it may be less comfortable for a very sensative person like my fiance. He does personally really like the way it feels though. It has to be that high to fit the diamond. So we are back to the drawing board.

I really wanted to share this design because maybe it would work for someone else. Those little diamonds are moving on a track from side to side on the ring. So although it looks simple, it has a mechanical feel to it. I love that. It can be made in white gold, palladium or platinum.

When I get my new drawings in, I will post them too.

top view

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
last profile shot. I just love it. I wish mr husband to be wasn''t so sensative to the thickness of the band.

jalbrechtrocks5.jpg

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
sorry i just seen this now! that is very very cool! would there be some sort of bearings inside?
we really like your style. it doesnt really look that high from the profile picture, does your hubby think it would get caught on things (clothing for say)

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Sorry late reply. I''m not sure about the bearings. They somehow move on a track. I actually decided on this ring though. I just got the CADS a second ago. The gold piece slides across the top. But I am going to make the gold piece be brushed palladium. I''m loving it. And it is going to be more comfortable.

jalbsecond.jpg

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
very unique! like the modern touch
will the insert move freely or only when it is touched?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the unusual......and i like this!

movie zombie

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Movie Zombie!!!

Mike, that is a good question. I think it will only move when it is moved by the wearer. But Either way, I am fine. Me Likey.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results