shape
carat
color
clarity

Mesh Tie Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissCongeniality,

If you really want a pair of earrings like those I bought, here is a current eBay auction where you can buy them. I do not believe I bought mine from this seller, but the earrings look the same!

Gold Mesh Earrings

I also have several pairs of Elsa Peretti 18K gold mesh earrings now as well as an 18K (non-Elsa Peretti) gold mesh scarf necklace. I wear them together. (The necklace and one pair of the earrings, that is!)

I saw a goldplate mesh scarf/necklace on eBay that looks like an exact match for these earrings as I was trying to find these! You could deck yourself out in earrings and a scarf!

Deb :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another pair:

Gold Tone Mesh Earrings.

If you do a search with "gold" "mesh" and "earrings" on eBay you will now see more earrings than I used to see when I was looking. There is a pair of Elsa Peretti knock-offs that look exactly like one of my pairs of real ones. Or at least from a distance they do! I may go look at an enlarged picture and see what I think!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

myka

Rough_Rock
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stunning-TIFFANY-Mesh-Gold-Scarf-Necklace-Hard-to-Find_W0QQitemZ8932191144QQcategoryZ15154QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Saw this on ebay-- is this the scarf you are looking for?

NYbella

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/5/2005 9:36:01 AM
Author: AGBF
Here is a photo that shows how the earrings drape. I imagine the Elsa Peretti scarf earrings look similar on!

Those are gorgeous.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2006 1:12:18 AM
Author: myka
Saw this on ebay-- is this the scarf you are looking for?

I am not sure whom you were asking about the above. (I went and looked at it.) This is not a necklace I wanted. I have one, now, and I like the one I have far more than the one pictured on eBay which was designed by Elsa Peretti. (See my comments about the mesh Elsa Peretti uses above. I do not like it. It is rough and tough, not liquid and soft!)

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2005 8:37:41 AM
Author: AGBF
As some of you who read Jewelry Pieces regularly know, I have been looking at yellow gold mesh scarf necklaces for years (and years). They always seemed too expensive (and some of the designer ones are!).

During the summer I went to my local jeweler in Connecticut and looked at their scarf necklace again and again. I had decided I wanted to be able to see a scarf necklace or a very good photograph of one, not to buy, 'blind' by custom ordering a necklace without ever seeing the exact mesh that would be used or what the fringe looked like. My local jeweler, Grunberger's, had a scarf necklace with beautiful detail around the fringe. I also liked the mesh and I do not like some of the mesh used, including the mesh used by Elsa Peretti (I think it is she who designed the necklace) on the Tiffany mesh scarf necklace.

At any rate, I asked Mona at Grunberger's if she could have the same scarf necklace they sold made longer and wider. The end of August is not a good time to ask a jeweler to talk to anyone in Italy, so things moved slowly! Eventually I learned that it could be done.

Mona phoned a couple of days ago to say that the necklace was in and that it was gorgeous. (She had expressed some initial doubts about its width.)

I thought I had better refresh the memories of anyone following the story of my gold mesh necklace. The story of how I came to have Grunberger Jewelers have my necklace custom made in Italy is above. The first time I wore it was on Christmas Day, 2005. I was sure I had already posted pictures of it, but I couldn't find them. So I took two photos of the necklace today.

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking a photo of oneself at arm''s length does not make for art, but I hope you can at least see the necklace in this shot!

CustomItalianMeshNecklace1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another view of the necklace. It is an "18K yellow gold, diamond cut curb link chain, woven scarf, 1" wide, 46" total length (finished at the ends with a 3" long chain fringe)".

In other words, the woven part is 40", but there is an additional 3" of fringe on either side, bringing the total length, including fringe, to 46". It is 1" wide. (The one I had seen in the store was 1/2" wide. The 1/2" wide necklace looked good when wound twice around the neck...but that shortened it! Mine can be wound twice and/or knotted and it is still long.)

CustomItalianMeshNecklace2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results